• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Rumour: Resident Evil 6: Final Hope for Wii u

Sean

Flipqy42

Nevermore
If that is true, then I'd have to buy the Wii U. I am already debating whether or not I should get the Wii U to play ZombiU, but if RE6 came to it, then I'd indefinably be sold.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I'm not gonna buy a WiiU just for a horrible game with the small hope of a campaign that is just less s**t than the others, It's just a desperate attempt by Capcom to snag Claire fans to save the game after disappointing sales.

I'm not touching this new RE: Operation Terrestrial Fear, ORC was just awful, I got halfway through the game and then just couldn't play it anymore, my god it was terrible and fans should be ashamed for making crap like that succeed.

I'm sold on Revelations though :) the best RE of 2012 and it's the one recent Resident Evil game that actually deserves to be called Resident Evil.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I'm not gonna buy a WiiU just for a horrible game with the small hope of a campaign that is just less s**t than the others, It's just a desperate attempt by Capcom to snag Claire fans to save the game after disappointing sales.

I'm not touching this new RE: Operation Terrestrial Fear, ORC was just awful, I got halfway through the game and then just couldn't play it anymore, my god it was terrible and fans should be ashamed for making crap like that succeed.

I'm sold on Revelations though :) the best RE of 2012 and it's the one recent Resident Evil game that actually deserves to be called Resident Evil.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I feel down when I read about your hate for a game that I don't hate. Maybe I have terrible tastes in games and maybe I'm an awful gamer, but I found nothing wrong with RE6 and ORC. All the RE games ever made (except Gaiden and Gun Survivor 2) have a special place in my heart.

xMobilemux

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I feel down when I read about your hate for a game that I don't hate. Maybe I have terrible tastes in games and maybe I'm an awful gamer, but I found nothing wrong with RE6 and ORC. All the RE games ever made (except Gaiden and Gun Survivor 2) have a special place in my heart.
It all depends on what you play the games for, a lot of people say they only play for the story which I find to be completely stupid, if you wanna experience the story, watch a playthrough and then you get your story and you save your money, that's a win WIN! But I play the Resident Evil games for how they both tested me and scared me at the same time, like the old RE games(even RE4) tested me with survival, puzzles, exploration and what not while keeping me in fear of what's around the next corner, plus the story I kinda always saw as the reward. But games like RE5, 6 and ORC had none of that what so ever, they were just boring linear action games that I could sprint straight through with no tests, no challenges and no fear. That is why I hate the direction they're going. However Revelations had a good deal of survival, puzzles and exploration to satisfy me so that's why I'm eager to try it again on my big screen.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
It all depends on what you play the games for, a lot of people say they only play for the story which I find to be completely stupid, if you wanna experience the story, watch a playthrough and then you get your story and you save your money, that's a win WIN! But I play the Resident Evil games for how they both tested me and scared me at the same time, like the old RE games(even RE4) tested me with survival, puzzles, exploration and what not while keeping me in fear of what's around the next corner, plus the story I kinda always saw as the reward. But games like RE5, 6 and ORC had none of that what so ever, they were just boring linear action games that I could sprint straight through with no tests, no challenges and no fear. That is why I hate the direction they're going. However Revelations had a good deal of survival, puzzles and exploration to satisfy me so that's why I'm eager to try it again on my big screen.

Oh, okay. Now I completely understand your hate for those games.:)

I have a tendency to suck at shooter games, so that tension, that no one else probably feels, is what makes me like them.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I won't be happy if it's just for WiiU. At the moment funds are low and I probably will never be able to own a WiiU. Hopefully Claire's scenario will be DLC or something... Why release a game for Xbox360/PS3 and make people pay money for it, then add a whole new scenario that's just for WiiU? I hate how everything is just driven by money these days....

ToCool74

Veteran Member
The Claire campaign sounds good.

But the Wii U "exclusive" thing sounds horrible.

I have no plans on getting the Wii U at the moment unless a new kickass Metroid or Zelda game comes out on it or something.

Also a ORC sequel?

No thanks...

But I will definitely be getting the revelations port for my Xbox 360.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
It all depends on what you play the games for, a lot of people say they only play for the story which I find to be completely stupid.

You do know that everyone has a different taste. Some are going to want story more than gameplay. It's not stupid because someone wants the story of a game more than the gameplay, it's just their taste, their preference, and their opinion. Everyone is going to have a different taste, preference, and opinion.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I would gladly buy a gold edition again for resident evil 6 If it has more cmapaign and characters !!! Also I would deffinetly buy all the other games with out a doubt !

xMobilemux

You do know that everyone has a different taste. Some are going to want story more than gameplay. It's not stupid because someone wants the story of a game more than the gameplay, it's just their taste, their preference, and their opinion. Everyone is going to have a different taste, preference, and opinion.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion yes, I just find it stupid when people through away money to experience something they can get for free by watching a video.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion yes, I just find it stupid when people through away money to experience something they can get for free by watching a video.
You have to look at this from a logical stance. When someone says that they want to play the game for the story, they are not going to watch it on a website for free because more than one of the following reasons:

1: They don't want the game to be spoiled
2: They want to experience the story for themselves by playing the game
3: They want to show support by purchasing the product
4: They still get enjoyement from the gameplay
5: They don't have internet
6: They are unable to watch videos on the internet

When you watch videos on a game just for the story, you're not going to get the full experience (Espeically with games that allow you to make choices while playing).

Again, it's not stupid when someone buys a game just for the story.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I can give you an example
Back in the day i didn't have a PS3 PC none of that crap

So i watched the videos

All that was tick me off also some people would like to expierence the game for themselves

xMobilemux

You have to look at this from a logical stance. When someone says that they want to play the game for the story, they are not going to watch it on a website for free because more than one of the following reasons:

1: They don't want the game to be spoiled
2: They want to experience the story for themselves by playing the game
3: They want to show support by purchasing the product
4: They still get enjoyement from the gameplay
5: They don't have internet
6: They are unable to watch videos on the internet

When you watch videos on a game just for the story, you're not going to get the full experience (Espeically with games that allow you to make choices while playing).

Again, it's not stupid when someone buys a game just for the story.
I guess I can agree with them, however when I watch playthroughs for story I always get gist and that's all I'm after, worked for the rest of ORC, Mass Effect 3 DLC and Dead Space 3 DLC so it'll work fine for Claire's campaign cause I ain't buying a WiiU and RE6 again just for a different story with the same crappy gameplay. I'll gladly be buying Revelations again though, I enjoyed every minute of that game.

I can give you an example
Back in the day i didn't have a PS3 PC none of that crap

So i watched the videos

All that was tick me off also some people would like to expierence the game for themselves
That's different, you're talking about wanting to experience the games because back then you didn't have a PS3 or PC, so you watched videos, what this is about is only buying and playing a game for the story alone, not caring how good or bad the gameplay is or if there's any gameplay at all, meaning they'll still love the game even if it's all cutscenes and no gameplay.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
so basically this is Capcom way of saying that there is not going to be a Claire scenario on the PS3 and Xbox 360 edition of RE6, huh....interesting. well this is not going to make me buy a Wii-U (whatever this new console is called), for this Claire scenario. Also i am surprised that RE: ORC is getting a sequel, since said title didn't do well as far as sales. (cause i assumed if RE:ORC, gets a lot of sales it will have a sequel *huh* interesting)

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
so basically this is Capcom way of saying that there is not going to be a Claire scenario on the PS3 and Xbox 360 edition of RE6, huh....interesting. well this is not going to make me buy a Wii-U (whatever this new console is called), for this Claire scenario. Also i am surprised that RE: ORC is getting a sequel, since said title didn't do well as far as sales. (cause i assumed if RE:ORC, gets a lot of sales it will have a sequel *huh* interesting)
Last I heard ORC did do quite well in sales despite the negative response to it so well maybe give em a chance and try and improve on what ORC was by letting Capcom themselfs make the sequal this time. Might be worth a shot.

And regarding the RE6 Claire scenario, indeed this pretty much sounds like its not even coming as DLC to other consoles which doesnt sound right. I think its gonna come to the PS3 and 360 eventually.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Last I heard ORC did do quite well in sales despite the negative response to it so well maybe give em a chance and try and improve on what ORC was by letting Capcom themselfs make the sequal this time. Might be worth a shot.

Yea, ORC did actually do pretty well in sales, although no where near as good as RE6.

So its understandable why it would get a sequel, but Capcom should not be idiots here and should totally rethink their strategy when making a sequel since the last one was panned by critics and gamers alike.

If I where them, I would get rid of Slant Six and either do the game myself or hire a new team.

Top Bottom