• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Richard Waugh Is Captain Wesker

Ridley Lockhart

Richard Waugh is the definitive Albert Wesker I agree.
I wonder what it would've sounded like hearing Waugh voice the Wesker lines from Umbrella Chronicles and RE5 and Darkside for that matter?

I'd take even DC Douglas doing the RE4R's Wesker over what we got...ugh. definitely Richard Waugh still would've been best, he was awesome in RE4. I was so amped and anxious to see what was going to happen after the events of RE4!

Mr.R

I'm honestly glad Capcom is not using DC Douglas anymore. I've never liked his take on Wesker. He sounds so corny and over the top that makes Wesker feels silly. Especially in RE5. It would be very cool to hear Waugh's voice on Umbrella Chronicles, because that's pretty much Wesker's game and the one he has more lines.

As for the new Wesker, I think he has very few lines so far for me to have an opinion on him. He's certainly backing away from Douglas style, which is a plus for me. But I think Separate Ways (I'm pretty sure that's coming) will help me have a formed opinion about his take on the character.

Ridley Lockhart

I'm honestly glad Capcom is not using DC Douglas anymore. I've never liked his take on Wesker. He sounds so corny and over the top that makes Wesker feels silly. Especially in RE5. It would be very cool to hear Waugh's voice on Umbrella Chronicles, because that's pretty much Wesker's game and the one he has more lines.

As for the new Wesker, I think he has very few lines so far for me to have an opinion on him. He's certainly backing away from Douglas style, which is a plus for me. But I think Separate Ways (I'm pretty sure that's coming) will help me have a formed opinion about his take on the character.
What about now with the DLC releases for Mercenaries and Separate Ways?

Mr.R

What about now with the DLC releases for Mercenaries and Separate Ways?
New VA is okay. I like him better than DC Douglas and he reminds me a bit of Wesker's VA in Remake (Peter Jessop). There are some of his deliveries that are so-so (same thing with Lily Gao. Sometimes she sounds ok, sometimes she sounds really bad, example when she says to Luis: "I do, the kind you like", which seems a little bit like a voice director problem instead of just the VA) but overall I don't mind if they decide to stick with him on other projects.

Last edited:

Ridley Lockhart

New VA is okay. I like him better than DC Douglas and he reminds me a bit of Wesker's VA in Remake (Peter Jessop). There are some of his deliveries that are so-so (same thing with Lily Gao. Sometimes she sounds ok, sometimes she sounds really bad, example when she says to Luis: "I do, the kind you like", which seems a little bit like a voice director problem instead of just the VA) but overall I don't mind if they decide to stick with him on other projects.
I still think he sounds lame af. I watched all of his scenes from Separate Ways, which shows him a little more screen time. And I will admit I appreciated him a little more. Ugh, it just bugs me hearing a bargain bin Wesker and Ada.

But it is what it is. They already messed up Jill in RE3R, then Ada and Wesker in RE4R. Then I keep seeing comments desiring, begging for, wanting, a Code Veronica remake...and RE5 remake..I've even read an RE6, oh and for Crapcom to remake the REmake of RE1. Like wtf..? Not trying to nazi everyone's opinions, because everybody is entitled to theirs, but that crap bugs me and I dread the thought of one of my personal favorite RE's, Code Veronica getting a whack ass " remake" and all the characters being garbage. We have Darkside Chronicles 'Game Of Oblivion' basically the Code Veronica remake via rail shooter. I'm ok with that. But it goes to show how they will eff it up. Alexia in particular was complete ****

Top Bottom