• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Revisiting Resident Evil 6

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I recently got the PC version of Resident Evil 6 cheap in a bundle of PC games along with Revelations on PC and decided to take another shot at it maxed out on my gaming PC.
I played through all 4 campaigns again and after just finishing Ada's campaign and seeing how great the graphics are on my PC, how the game ran much smoother and responded well, I rather enjoyed the PC version and will likely be returning to it again due to getting the hang of modding.

I don't know what updates happened to RE6 after I traded in my console version, because I hated RE6 back then and once I traded it in, I never paid attention to it's DLC or updates.

The FOV options made things feel so much better to play the game and I don't know if this was changed in updates or not, but it felt like there were less QTEs in the PC version.

As for my opinion on the story, character campaigns and direction of the RE6, my opinion has not changed, Resident Evil 6 is the weakest game in the main series, the franchise is not supposed to be an action franchise and has to return to what it's meant to be, Revelations was a big step in the right direction.

If Resident Evil 7 happens I'll likely get it, but not day one and not till the PC version comes out with all flaws fixed by updates.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Be careful with mods these days. RE6 is now using an anti-cheat software that will ban you if it thinks you're cheating. I don't count model swaps, texture mods etc. as cheating, but I don't know how that software works, so I don't use any my own mods anymore because I don't want to risk being banned just because some software mistakes a simple texture mod for cheating.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
If you wanna avoid VAC I recommend going back to version 1.05 so you won't be affected by VAC not mention 1,06 is VERY easy while 1.05 puts more enemies on screen both Campaign and Mercs (Not sure about DLC) as far as modding goes careful what you do My Re6 crashed And I had to Re install it so yeah. If it makes you feel better you can also replace Jake (Asia costume only) With Midnight Wesker

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
How do you go back to 1.05? I've seen this feature in Tomb Raider updates, but I don't know how to use it for RE6.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I don't need to worry about Steam banning me or whatever because I barely play my games online anymore and I don't play RE6 online at all because I'm not interested. Also I haven't got Jake as Wesker yet, but I'll give it a shot sometime.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I don't need to worry about Steam banning me or whatever because I barely play my games online anymore and I don't play RE6 online at all because I'm not interested. Also I haven't got Jake as Wesker yet, but I'll give it a shot sometime.

Doesn't matter if your online or ofline you can still get banned.

How do you go back to 1.05? I've seen this feature in Tomb Raider updates,
but I don't know how to use it for RE6.

I Have a friend who can give you link to download it if you want it.

But it's basically having a Re6 1.05 file and replacing Re6 1.06 with it. BUT you have to disable "Automatic Update"

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So the PC version is actually better huh?
I probably still wont even be bothering with RE6. . .
Like you said, RE is not supposed to be an action.
Was there any horror?

Popo

I agree with 6 not going in the right direction, but it stills beats Re5 imho.

black 93

its good but would have been much better if it had an option of playing without your partner. Specially leons part in the caves, that would have been great if you were alone. Also capcom seemed to have tried to re create nemesis with ustanak. I dunno about anyone else but that totally died when i realized i had to fight him hand to hand with jake. WTF?! The guys like the hulk and jake has to fight him hand to hand?! Dunno what capcom were doin there

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
resident evil 6 was a hit and a miss.
i haven't touched the game since i first completed it 2 days after it came out. i was reading a story recently, capcom feel they let their fans down with 6, which is spot on i guess. as stated above revaltions was a breath of fresh air, and convinced me that capcom still had it in them to create a good game, they just need to focus and listen to the community

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom