• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Revelations Raid Mode - Hunk Gameplay

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Wow...that looks epic. I have RER on 3DS, but this obviously blows that out of the water.

I can't tell what HUNK's melee is. It almost looks like he's using some sort of blunt object, maybe a knife, possibly like the one he uses in Mercs3D.

I also wonder about the voices, if they are using Keith Silverstein again or what. I hope they add more characters than HUNK though, like Rachel.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
They're pretty cool huh? Hope the laser aiming system is still available though, I prefer that to the target, but that's a minor detail.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Do you think you can change the camera options?
In this the aiming is sort of 3rd person.
Where as on the 3ds it's first person. Also if you use 3rd person, can you switch the shoulders?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Interesting point. Yeah, by the looks of things they've gone on the same sort of system as RE6. It was possible to change which shoulder you looked over on that, so I'm guessing it'll be possible on this. As for the camera, I have no idea.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I think I should post this here instead of making a new thread
Revelations new campaign difficulty mode "Infernal"
Featuring randomised item and enemy locations

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
We all knew it anyway, didn't we? But still, it's nice to have a confirmation. :)

(Without looking at this entry on the RE Facebook page, can anyone guess what everybody is talking about in the comments?)

BeardedBushMan

I've watched a couple Raid gameplay videos, but not sure I really understanding the concept behind it (I see that you get levels or something.) Anyone care to explaing? Thanks!

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I've watched a couple Raid gameplay videos, but not sure I really understanding the concept behind it (I see that you get levels or something.) Anyone care to explaing? Thanks!
Well here's how it went in the 3DS version.

The campaign has no co op storyline, even though for most of it your paired with an AI partner (don't worry - you don't even notice your partner there half the time)
After completing the storyline you would have unlocked all "raid mode" missions.
Raid mode is basically campaign levels (without cutscenes), bits of levels or levels turned-horde mode-Ish.
There's 20 levels of raid mode with 3 difficulties.
Every single raid mode mission can be played on multiplayer
There are some differences though:
1. You can view enemy health
2. Your characters and enemy characters have levels, which determine how strong they are and their health. Your melee moves power up with higher levels and grant you the ability to use higher level gun requirements.
3. Sometimes enemies have certain powerups detailed by a certain symbol beside their health.
Symbols are:
Orange fist = enemy has more attack power (beware strong enemies with this)
Green shield = enemy had more defence
Blue man = the enemy moves alot faster, scagdeads with this should be feared
Purple crown = boss enemy (usually a mixture of the above)
In addition, these enemies usually have another trait to match the symbol.
Fist + shield enemies are usually a lot larger and fast enemies are usually always alot smaller
4. This mode has rare weapon unlocks and attachments to add more fun
5. There's a truckload of characters you can play who have unique traits, weather that's their proficiency with weapons or their melee moves
6. "Ghost ship" the bonus stage is the ultimate test.
You can basically explore the whole ship looking for the "real exit"
Lets just say your gonna meet every enemy and be swarmed by alot. The difficulty starts with lvl 1 enemies but the closer you get to the real end you will start seeing up to lvl 50 enemies - and unless you grind the other levels for better guns you shouldn't attempt this.
7. Infected and wanted missions: when you play with someone, via street pass you will see in your "missions" optio. That they have left a message. This message will vary in what it says but a general description is
That they died/became infected.
What level it happened
And a reward for killing them
All you do is go on the level they detail, find them (they're name will be on a random enemy ((usually with a buff symbol))
Kill them and complete the level. Go to your missions section and select it to win your prize
Also in this will be missions to kill asset number of a certain enemy type to win BP points which can be spent in the shop for other upgrades, ammo, guns and attachments.

In terms of the console version coming out, they're will be some changes
1. More enemies (2 confirmed so far, 1 of which is exclusive to raid mode)
2. More characters (2 confirmed so far ((hunk and Rachael))
3. Possibly new difficulty with randomised enemy locations
4. Re.net content
5. Possible future dlc

All in all it's really fun with a friend
Or mostly any co op partner :D

Top Bottom