• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Returning Features in THREEmake

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hey all,

I saw a youtube video recently that discussed possible mechanics and game play events that they'd like to appear in the THREEmake. So, I thought I'd bring it in here to get your expert opinions as well. And don't shy away from the term experts - if we're not RE experts, then who is?

Things I would LOVE to Return:

-Decision Moments: These really made RE3 fun and replayable so you could end up with different scenarios and locations. Classic.
-Nemesis Chases: Obviously, he is Nemesis and we already have Mr. X to base the idea off of, but man, do I want to be terrified of Nemesis coming for me. I hope they utilize Nemesis even better than they did Mr. X who lost a lot of his fear after the RPD.
-Nemesis Destroys the Chopper: This scene blew my mind when I first saw it. I'd love to repeat this with a different storyline. Maybe Nemesis destroys it after it lands with his buff muscles.
-Ammo Retooling: This was explored a little bit in RE2 REmake, but they could make it so much bigger in RE3 like it was back in the day. It's a fun concept!

My biggest hope for THREEmake is that we get more locations and more enemy types without deviating from too many of the original locations in the game!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
What I'm hoping is that Nemesis can actually be downed and you get some cool weapons/items from downing him like in the original and I hope they make Nemesis a real tough guy to bring down to make you wonder whether or not taking him on is worth the reward.

That's how zombies worked in REmake 2, you had to wonder if they were worth using your ammo on them or just avoiding them because they were no joke, but since REmake 3 is said to be more action based and you can just use a dodge move to avoid zombies, making them rather trivial, Nemesis should take the role of the enemy that makes you wonder whether you wanna take the risk of using your ammo and health to down him and get the reward.

But I don't want him to be like Mr X where a few shots to the head make him take a knee for a little while.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That is a great point Mobilemux! I have never been a person to KO Nemesis during chase sequences, but a lot of people loved the concept of being able to get better weapons when collecting all the parts from him. I guess I am old enough to try in the new game! (I'll be 33 next month. haha)

As for major changes, I want Nemesis to have a more intimidating final form. In the original RE3, he becomes a hulking blob that is really easy to dodge and avoid. The final boss in that game is the easiest boss in the entire RE series! There are better ways to make the Nemesis morphed from damage and even more terrifying.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
Other than the features mentioned here, I would like to see;

1. This cutscene

2. Epilogue files

3. Mercenaries mode ( Didn't like how Extreme Battle mode was missing in RE2 Remake. )

to return.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I do not think we will be getting a Mercs mode if we are getting RE Resistance as a side game attached to RE3. But I think we are in an era when the Mercs could be amazing!

Mr X's Hat

I want;

- Have the spiders in this time! they really messed up in 2 not including them imo.
- Keep the choice mechanic.
- Keep all the enemies in from the original.
- The mercenaries.
- The epilogues.
- Keep the sample puzzle in :twisted:
- Have more time in the dead factory. It was really cool in the original but its pretty small,
i would love to see a bigger revamped version.
- Brad getting face pummeled. :eek:

D

Deleted member 21244

I already seen from the trailer that most of the things I wanted will be in game

So I ll I want is:
- mercenaries mode
- the epilogue story
- costumes

Mr.R

A legit question...why some of you guys wants the epilogues back in RE3 Remake? We all know what happened with Jill, Chris, Leon, Barry, Sherry, Claire, Ada and Hunk after the Raccoon City incident. The epilogues were important back in 1999, since it was the closure of the Raccoon City incident and it gave away some of what was to come for the series (even though I'm pretty sure Capcom didn't had everything planned past Code Veronica and REZero). But now, after all those games, why have the epilogues?

Unless we're talking about epilogues for different characters, like Carlos, Rebecca and Billy. Okay, we know more or less what happened to Rebecca, thanks to Biohazard: The Stage and Vendetta, but we're not even sure if she escaped Raccoon, if she was in Europe or simply in hiding. For Carlos and Billy though, closure would be nice (in my opinion, I wouldn't want those two characters to return, anyway). But for the older cast? I can't see how the epilogues could be any interesting.

D

Deleted member 21244

A legit question...why some of you guys wants the epilogues back in RE3 Remake? We all know what happened with Jill, Chris, Leon, Barry, Sherry, Claire, Ada and Hunk after the Raccoon City incident. The epilogues were important back in 1999, since it was the closure of the Raccoon City incident and it gave away some of what was to come for the series (even though I'm pretty sure Capcom didn't had everything planned past Code Veronica and REZero). But now, after all those games, why have the epilogues?

Unless we're talking about epilogues for different characters, like Carlos, Rebecca and Billy. Okay, we know more or less what happened to Rebecca, thanks to Biohazard: The Stage and Vendetta, but we're not even sure if she escaped Raccoon, if she was in Europe or simply in hiding. For Carlos and Billy though, closure would be nice (in my opinion, I wouldn't want those two characters to return, anyway). But for the older cast? I can't see how the epilogues could be any interesting.
Because the epilogue were cool, also we know what happened to those character, but new player don't...

Also I'm very curios to see the epilogue whit new character design...

Why shouldn't they put the epilogue? It was one of re 3 features, it was a good meaning to replaying the game, it's like cutting the alternate ending in the Re 1 remake... Hope they didn't cut them like they cut many things in re 2 remake

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.R

Because the epilogue were cool, also we know what happened to those character, but new player don't...

Also I'm very curios to see the epilogue whit new character design...

Why shouldn't they put the epilogue? It was one of re 3 features, it was a good meaning to replaying the game, it's like cutting the alternate ending in the Re 1 remake... Hope they didn't cut them like they cut many things in re 2 remake

Again, I find this pretty pointless. Even if a new fan was introduced to Resident Evil in the PS4 generation, he already had been exposed to RE Remake, Zero, 4, 5, 6, Revelations 1 & 2 and 7. Odds are that he already knows what happened with the characters.

I see this way...if they put it, it's alright, it'll probably look pretty and all. but if they cut, I don't really care. Again, it made sense, in 1999, to make the series move past Raccoon City and to set up future games...when they compromised with...I mean, Ada's epilogue got more or less ignored, since she still calls herself "Ada Wong" even after she tearfully say goodbye to her "name".

D

Deleted member 21244

Again, I find this pretty pointless. Even if a new fan was introduced to Resident Evil in the PS4 generation, he already had been exposed to RE Remake, Zero, 4, 5, 6, Revelations 1 & 2 and 7. Odds are that he already knows what happened with the characters.

I see this way...if they put it, it's alright, it'll probably look pretty and all. but if they cut, I don't really care. Again, it made sense, in 1999, to make the series move past Raccoon City and to set up future games...when they compromised with...I mean, Ada's epilogue got more or less ignored, since she still calls herself "Ada Wong" even after she tearfully say goodbye to her "name".
Well there are people that probably only played re 2 remake so why not put the epilogue?

Also they have most of the character design for each of them, they also have character model from re 2 so it will not be that hard to made those damn epilogue...
It is also a way to make the game more replayble and it was unique feature of Re 3 remake... So they should put them

Ada wong stopped being ada wong after re 2, even if she still use her name she is a completely different person from that moment onward...

before she didn't care about anything and was only focusing on the mission but after meeting leon she grow a conscience and a heart Infact you can clearly see this in re 4, she help leon to save Sherry, and in 6 she would have liked to help Carla, and she do all she can to stop Simmons and the virus, she also save people in the last chapter...

She still use ada wong name but inside she is no more ada wong the infamous spy

Mr.R

Well there are people that probably only played re 2 remake so why not put the epilogue?

Also they have most of the character design for each of them, they also have character model from re 2 so it will not be that hard to made those damn epilogue...
It is also a way to make the game more replayble and it was unique feature of Re 3 remake... So they should put them

Ada wong stopped being ada wong after re 2, even if she still use her name she is a completely different person from that moment onward...

before she didn't care about anything and was only focusing on the mission but after meeting leon she grow a conscience and a heart Infact you can clearly see this in re 4, she help leon to save Sherry, and in 6 she would have liked to help Carla, and she do all she can to stop Simmons and the virus, she also save people in the last chapter...

She still use ada wong name but inside she is no more ada wong the infamous spy

Y'know...that Ada part is a stretch too far and pretty much \\your\\ conclusion of it. She still called herself Ada Wong, working to the same shady organization, completing all of her missions and using Leon to help achieve all her goals. She was still Ada, the spy, which is why the melodrama in the epilogue seems so silly and out of character. More likely, Capcom changed the plans they had for her. That's my take on it.

D

Deleted member 21244

Y'know...that Ada part is a stretch too far and pretty much \\your\\ conclusion of it. She still called herself Ada Wong, working to the same shady organization, completing all of her missions and using Leon to help achieve all her goals. She was still Ada, the spy, which is why the melodrama in the epilogue seems so silly and out of character. More likely, Capcom changed the plans they had for her. That's my take on it.
In umbrella chronicles she even say that he change after the meeting whit leon so they didn't abandon the epilogue idea

SHe didn't used leon in re 4 if you played separate ways you know that wesker want to use leon but ada do everything she can to save leon even disobey wesker order...
In damantion he does the same thing and try to Help leon by warning him about the attack on the capital and by unlocking the elevator when he is battling the tyrant...

Also she never used leon if I can remember not even in re 2 at least in the Canon scenario, the only game in Which she use leon is re 2 remake...

Mr.R

In umbrella chronicles she even say that he change after the meeting whit leon so they didn't abandon the epilogue idea

SHe didn't used leon in re 4 if you played separate ways you know that wesker want to use leon but ada do everything she can to save leon even disobey wesker order...
In damantion he does the same thing and try to Help leon by warning him about the attack on the capital and by unlocking the elevator when he is battling the tyrant...

Also she never used leon if I can remember not even in re 2 at least in the Canon scenario, the only game in Which she use leon is re 2 remake...

I think you misunderstood what I said by Ada "using" Leon. I also think you have a very romanticized idea of Ada. Anyway, she uses him in the sense that all the help she spare to Leon is not only because she likes him. It becauses helping him, she's helping herself. Leon always does a lot of heavy work while she is in the shadows. RE4 was a prime example of it. In Damnation, she got what she came for, opened the door and then left Leon and Sasha to deal with the Tyrant on their own (so much love...)
Ada, in all of her appearances, does the same things she always does. Work for a secret organization, accomplishes her mission, helps Leon and leaves. That's also the problem with her. Ada is getting old, because it's always the same. Maybe she needs to appear in a game without Leon in the plot. Also, her attitude is the same.

Anyway, this is getting off tracks about the topics. Anyway, about the epilogues, I don't care if they're in the game or not.

About the features I would like to be included in the Remake

- Randomization. The original RE3 has a degree of randomization (actually, different sets of enemies and itens that change from playthrough to playthrough) that i love it. I would really like to have that back.

- Expanding the gunpower business. RE2Remake already gave us the gunpowder mechanic, but with RE3, it could be expanded.

- Barry Burton. Nuff said.

D

Deleted member 21244

It's been confirmed that spider will be in resident evil 3, finally I'm really happy about this

Last edited by a moderator:

RedfieldFan

In regards to the epilogues:
Most fans already knows what happens to the main characters after the Raccoon City incident but never fans might not.
Also, with the exception of Chris and Claire who appear in Code Veronica, we don't meet any of them again until years later. It would be nice to get an in-game explanation about what happened to them all in that time.
- How did Leon become an agent?
- How did Ada survive and escape Raccoon City? (still hoping this will be playable at some point)
- What exactly happened to Sherry between 2 and 6?
Etc.

As for new epilogues, I for one would love to know what Rebecca got up to and what happened to Billy and Carlos.

The epilogues for Chris and Claire could set the stage for a remake of Code Veronica. I for one really want that game!

In addition to the epilogues, I'm hoping for the return of ammo-crafting, fight or flight choices, collecting Jill's diary, Mercenaries and multiple costumes.
We already know that the original RE3 costumes are included but in addition to them, I'm hoping for Jill's STARS uniform from RE1 and her BSAA from RE5.

Last edited:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
- How did Leon become an agent?
- How did Ada survive and escape Raccoon City? (still hoping this will be playable at some point)

These two where explained in Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles, you even get to play as Ada during her escape there.

Top Bottom