• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I, too, have murdered every enemy I have come across in every game as quickly as possible with the exception being RE2 REmake where you literally do NOT have enough ammo until the end of the game.

In the older games, I typically have my handgun and ammo with me at all times and a fully loaded shotgun in case an extra tough enemy comes out to get me. Now, I know when this will happen for most of the games, so that bit of puzzle solving is even easier. But for the most part, I am able to kill all of the enemies and horde all of my good ammo until the end of the game.

When I watch speedrunners play through the games with just single stunning shots and dodging, I am always terrified for them. I have an urge to just keep on killing! Maybe not the best for the old psyche, haha.

Hardware

@Hardware I don't know about the eventually part. When I was younger I used to always kill all the enemies on RE1 and RE2 because I wasn't good at dodging and I don't remember having to backtrack to do it. You just have to be thorough when you sweep an area but there's definitely enough ammo to go around.

We may have different gaming styles, but I definitely remember not having enough ammo even with Jill to kill everything at the beginning of RE1. Plus, I always avoided enemies as much as possible in those games after having found myself with no handgun bullets at all during my first playthrough of RE2 (first game I ever played): I shot all the zombies from the crashed truck to the RPD and I had to struggle to get out of the precinct.

This is also the case with a game like Code Veronica, where you can easily become stuck fighting the same enemies over and over again because they constantly respawn that I just ended up dodging them because fighting them would be a waste of time, ammo, and health.

Quite funnily, I just went through C:V on the PS4 TWICE during the Easter break and I found myself with more ammo than ever. The second time around, I finished the game with still about 300 rounds for the handgun, 30+ shells for the shotgun, almost 300 standard arrows, 30+ assorted grenades and 12 magnum rounds. But that's because I used the knife a lot during the early stages with Claire and dried up all the automatic weapons (the twin Ingrams are a godsend during Chris' time on Rockfort Island, but it's very unlikely that someone would get them during their first run). Still, I didn't kill every enemy in sight: with Claire, I mostly ran away from dogs, bandersnatches and spiders. With Chris, I moved down pretty much everything in sight save for the two sweepers in the training center courtyard. But Code: Veronica is a very peculiar game: you have to check everywhere for ammo (sometimes, they are deliberately hidden) and understand that certain weapons are only to be used with a specific enemy. First-stage Alexia, for example, isn't bothered much by exploding arrows, but her second stage is defenseless against them (all you need to ignite her third stage transformation is less than 20 red arrows - you can pretty much leave everything else in the box). The Tyrant on the plane can be dealt with very quickly with the three green grenades and a couple of acid bombs. It's a game that, more than the others, rewards experience.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Quite funnily, I just went through C:V on the PS4 TWICE during the Easter break and I found myself with more ammo than ever. The second time around, I finished the game with still about 300 rounds for the handgun, 30+ shells for the shotgun, almost 300 standard arrows, 30+ assorted grenades and 12 magnum rounds. But that's because I used the knife a lot during the early stages with Claire and dried up all the automatic weapons (the twin Ingrams are a godsend during Chris' time on Rockfort Island, but it's very unlikely that someone would get them during their first run). Still, I didn't kill every enemy in sight: with Claire, I mostly ran away from dogs, bandersnatches and spiders. With Chris, I moved down pretty much everything in sight save for the two sweepers in the training center courtyard. But Code: Veronica is a very peculiar game: you have to check everywhere for ammo (sometimes, they are deliberately hidden) and understand that certain weapons are only to be used with a specific enemy. First-stage Alexia, for example, isn't bothered much by exploding arrows, but her second stage is defenseless against them (all you need to ignite her third stage transformation is less than 20 red arrows - you can pretty much leave everything else in the box). The Tyrant on the plane can be dealt with very quickly with the three green grenades and a couple of acid bombs. It's a game that, more than the others, rewards experience.
Definitely. My experience during my second playthrough was very similar. I feel like Code Veronica wasn't even trying to be a survival horror game anymore and kinda just operating with the pre-established conventions without much thought to it being a horror game.

During my first playthrough however, I did feel the heat of running low on resources because I like to explore and therefore kept running into enemy after enemy and repeating encounters until I realized they just keep cheaply spawning. I started to believe a lot of the criticisms I've heard before about the game, like how you can screw yourself during the Tyrant fight and have to start over.

But once I adapted and started avoiding certain fights and getting further into the game, I had tons of stuff that I no longer felt the need to be too conservative with my ammo and just kept mowing everyone down, because this game just loves to throw tons of enemies at you.

I even jumped straight into my no save speed run for the achievement on my 2nd run and it went by so smoothly because I knew the order of events and cut down on a lot of backtracking and just played more efficiently and still ended up with more than I needed at the end.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I usually kill everything because I like to backtrack and explore, take my time and immerse myself in the environments. Even when I try to speed through a RE game I usually end up killing more than I had planned. Ammo has never been an issue for me in RE games, although I usually play on Normal mode and very rarely Hard mode. It could be that I just simply dislike dying, so I very carefully scatter my saves, wait for enemies, or try to misdirect them into areas I want them to be. Getting a "You died" screen is something I try to avoid at all costs, even during first playthroughs.

So while I don't really agree on the scarce ammo part, I do think that rewarding players with coins, stats or whatever for killing enemies is destroying much of the unique atmosphere that survival horror games should offer. It's not so much about ammo per se, but rather about creating an experience that suits the narrative.

Turo602

The King of Kings
That showcase was horrible. "Ethan, Ethan, Ethan" shut the **** up about Ethan!

Also, Resident Evil 4 is clearly Capcom's favorite Resident Evil game... Love how everyone defended RE7 for being like RE1 yet are totally quiet about how much like RE4 this wants to be.

Even Infinite Darkness is a Resident Evil 4 spin-off now! Oooh, remember Ashley's dad? That's some good sh*t. Because now we can remember him in VR! Right before the remake of Resident Evil 4!

Also, why the hell does Chris sound just like Carlos? I thought that was just like early test stuff from the leaks but is that actually him? WTF?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I liked the overall look of the trailer. It brought a lot of new material to the RE Village story and it makes it seem so large and imposing. I honestly cannot wait to play this game. I think the amount of hype will get a lot of new people in to the series as well which is always a good thing. Whether they are just playing it because they are horny, that is up to them.

But the big news is that Mercenaries will be back which feels like such a relief. I feel like they really hit their peak with RE5 Mercs, but I am excited to see what kind of easter eggs they include in the modern version!

Jonipoon

I think the amount of hype will get a lot of new people in to the series as well which is always a good thing.
Not a good thing, because it means there will be more people whom will have yet another "idea" of what a Resident Evil game should be like. The fanbase is already as divided as it could be though, possibly even more than Star Wars fans (which is saying something). I can't even leave critical comments about RE8 not feeling like a RE game on YouTube without with being attacked with stuff like "Who are YOU to decide what's supposed to feel like Resident Evil?!" and "Butthurt old fan" or "lol this is RE, wtf you talkin about?!". Moreover, I can't stand all the vampire lady simps whom have obviously never played a RE game before.

From this trailer, game looks very disjointed and weird, IMO. I still have no idea what this game is supposed to be about, or why Ethan is so damn important to the story. He doesn't seem to be getting a proper personality this time either, but rather continuing being an empty protagonist whom we in film theory usually describe as "a character whom isn't interesting, but still have interesting things happening around him without justification".

Hardware

The trailer has actually cooled down my interest in Village. I don't care how they manage to cram this dark fantasy mess into RE lore, this is RE4 2.0: a game that just got the Resident Evil brand stuck to it despite it being something else entirely.

I couldn't care less for the Mercenaries mode.

Infinite Darkness...what's the point of these CG movies again (this one's a series, but whatever)? I didn't like any of the previous ones: Degeneration was almost serviceable, the other two were just bad. So there was (it's a prequel, after all) a zombie outbreak at the White House with Ashley's dad involved? Basically, RE4+RE6. Also, the games now sport much better graphics, making this stuff look cheap as hell.

RE4 in VR mode...seriously?

It looks like that, after a couple of years of revamped love for Resident Evil (mainly thanks to the remake of 2 and in minor part to the remake of 3), I am afraid I'll go back to where I was between 2005 and 2017: not really caring about the series, just passively playing the games because I need something to play and the market doesn't offer many alternatives. Sad.

Hardware

Not a good thing, because it means there will be more people whom will have yet another "idea" of what a Resident Evil game should be like. The fanbase is already as divided as it could be though, possibly even more than Star Wars fans (which is saying something). I can't even leave critical comments about RE8 not feeling like a RE game on YouTube without with being attacked with stuff like "Who are YOU to decide what's supposed to feel like Resident Evil?!" and "Butthurt old fan" or "lol this is RE, wtf you talkin about?!". Moreover, I can't stand all the vampire lady simps whom have obviously never played a RE game before.
I agree. It all started with RE4 and a new generation of gamers imprinting on that one despite it being completely removed from the rest (so much so they tried to subtly steer the series back on track with RE5). And now "Resident Evil" can be anything that can please the crowds: Village really looks like a cross between 4 and Bloodborne. What happened to the test-tube freaks and the evil corporations (it's a rhetorical question)? I heard people saying the series needed an upgrade "because zombies aren't scary anymore, dude", as if the zombies were the actual point...not to mention the fact RE2make demonstrated they can be very scary again (definitely more than the Ganados or the Majinis - which were never scary to begin with).

Jonipoon

I don't like pointing fingers at Capcom in every other thread on here, but nowadays it's nearly impossible not to. Because I agree with everything you just said; in Capcom's mind Resident Evil can be whatever they want it to be - apparently there's no fixed template, no rules to follow, no canon restrictions, etc. In many ways it reminds me of the situation with the Fast & Furious films, and how the new films have very little to do with actual street racing. Just like with the Resident Evil games, the FF films have just become more ridiculous and over the top throughout the years.

In Resident Evil 9, Ethan Winters will be sent down underground into the ACTUAL hell and meet the ACTUAL satan himself, and obviously there will be tall hot devil girls trying to kill you. Wouldn't surprise me at this point.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
nah, he would be fighting God himself as soon as he ascends in heaven fighting his angelic minions that are somehow zombies.

Hardware

I don't like pointing fingers at Capcom in every other thread on here, but nowadays it's nearly impossible not to. Because I agree with everything you just said; in Capcom's mind Resident Evil can be whatever they want it to be - apparently there's no fixed template, no rules to follow, no canon restrictions, etc. In many ways it reminds me of the situation with the Fast & Furious films, and how the new films have very little to do with actual street racing. Just like with the Resident Evil games, the FF films have just become more ridiculous and over the top throughout the years.

In Resident Evil 9, Ethan Winters will be sent down underground into the ACTUAL hell and meet the ACTUAL satan himself, and obviously there will be tall hot devil girls trying to kill you. Wouldn't surprise me at this point.
Yeah, "Fast and Furious"...or the RE movies by Paul W.S. Anderson, especially starting from the third one. Back then there were rumors of a 4th Mad Max movie, and so they turned Earth into a giant desert. Then Mad Max 4 was put on hold but the games were featuring new monsters and "The Walking Dead" was catching on, so they forgot about the T-virus turning Earth into Mars and went for a more standard zombi-apocalypse romp that also included a freaking ship. I have no idea what the hell they had in mind with the fifth one (I mean, what they wanted to ripoff in particular: the opening is clearly lifted from the remake of "Dawn of the Dead", but the whole cloning and memory implants vaguely reminds me of "Total Recall" - the ghastly remake that is), but it ended on a huge cliffhanger...which the sixth completely forgot and went back to the desert setting because "Mad Max: Fury Road" was finally made. And that's just scratching the surface while ignoring all the holes in internal logic and lore.

Capcom seems to be bent on the same principle: take what's popular with other games and stuff it into RE. I don't think we would've had RE7 if it wasn't for "Alien: Isolation" and "Outlast".

Last edited:

Hardware

...the more I think of, the more it kills me they crucified Kamiya for 1.5 because they wanted something with a better plot and more linked to the first one. Aesthetic Gamer \ Dusk Golem said Village has a lot of connections to the main lore (including Code: Veronica) - provided that it is true, after the mess they did with RE0, UC and DC to patch the lore, I am not holding my breath.

Jonipoon

...the more I think of, the more it kills me they crucified Kamiya for 1.5 because they wanted something with a better plot and more linked to the first one. Aesthetic Gamer \ Dusk Golem said Village has a lot of connections to the main lore (including Code: Veronica) - provided that it is true, after the mess they did with RE0, UC and DC to patch the lore, I am not holding my breath.
I only noticed the Umbrella logo engraved in stone along with something reminiscent of a sun/moon crest, which actually makes me think of RE1 more. Perhaps Capcom's idea of being connected to the main lore is just putting out small easter eggs like that.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I know that there is a toxic community around RE and gaming in general. But I think more new fans is always a good thing. There are more people to discuss with and enjoy the series with. The next generation of gamers are out there waiting for a game like Village to introduce them to the series. I am sure there were people complaining about RE1 and RE2 when they first came out, but the community still grew.

And to reference the Umbrella logo - I do not know if there will be any kind of deep connection, but I can super hope!

Turo602

The King of Kings
New fans equals more people who sh*t talk you for being a rational, analytical, and logical person. Forums haven't been as bad, for the most part, but everywhere else on the internet is just toxic. I have 0 tolerance for stupidity because that's what always comes my way around the internet. Even when you think you're having a meaningful and respectful discussion, people quickly turn into assholes if you justify your point of view too well. People can't handle differing opinions or even basic facts without immediately feeling like it invalidates their enjoyment for something that they become so defensive over it. People are toxic and it's so much more common because there are a lot stupid new fans who don't know what the hell they're talking about.

I also hardly consider people who jump in on one game and become fans of just that one game, fans. It's like people who only watched The Dark Knight and consider themselves Batman fans and proceed to opinionate on what Batman is like they know the character at all. That's why I always find it refreshing when someone says they jumped in with 7 but at least made the effort to go back and play the other games because they are easily accessible and constantly on sale, so there isn't really any excuse. Now that's a new fan I can respect, but unfortunately, that's not how the majority of consumers operate.

Wasker1995

And Satan's right hand will be Albert Wesker with whom we will also fight on the way to the main boss

Top Bottom