• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah, but who here thinks that 4,5, and 6 were proper RE games?

Alexia doesn't really control bugs in Code: Veronica: there's that weird plant-tentacle thing she is somehow telepathically linked, but you can give stuff like that a pass. As for her blood becoming flammable, I think there's some explanation in the complementary literature, but I believe they were partially inspired by Ripley having acid blood in "Alien Resurrection". Also, there are animals that can either shoot blood (like the Pigmy Short-horned lizard) or secrete explosive\flammable fluids (the Bombardier Beetle).

The rumor of the game being cross-gen has been around for about a year: yesterday they just confirmed it. I honestly wasn't surprised since, given how much talk it got in the previous months, I was almost giving it for a fact.
Well we didn't play re 8 yet so there is probably a scientific explanation for all the things happening there, like all the weird things happening in other re games
The truth is that most of the things happening in the series are as weird as the thing we saw in re 8, if not weirder

Yeah and there are animal that can suck your blood like bat, mosquito and leech lol

Before August capcom says that re 8 will only be released for next gen console, and than at Tokyo game show in August they revealed that they were trying to port it to current gen, but they could have failed to do so , meaning that it was not in they're plan from the start....

Last edited by a moderator:

Hardware

Yeah and there are animal that can suck your blood like bat, mosquito and leech lol
Dude, seriously, do you think that the problem here is that the Tall Woman\Lady Dimitrescu might suck your blood? Or, more likely, that her "daughters" can turn into a swarm of bugs and that she can instantly grow extra-long claws that won't even rip her gloves? If Dimitrescu was just a bloodsucker, I wouldn't have issues with it. Yeah, they'll probably come up with some silly explanation (the game is still called "Biohazard" in Japan after all), but that doesn't make it better. I'll play the game because, at this point, I don't care anymore, but I am not holding my breath for the story.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I too think Capcom should just create some new IP and leave Resident Evil be Resident Evil, but I remember Shinji Mikami saying in a very old interview that another horror series would be detrimental for RE: I guess because there can be only one horror franchise by Capcom. I think that's as narrow-minded as it gets, but, given how they behaved in the past 20 years, I believe I am pretty spot-on: Capcom doesn't want to risk with new IPs but, at the same time, the people working there need to some fresh air so turning something like RE upside-down is the only viable compromise.
Why not? That doesn't make sense since they've already got horror franchises like Dead Rising and Devil May Cry. DMC might be a stretch but when comparing RE8 to DMC they're actually starting to blend together lol. I think they're just using the RE brand to milk out ridiculous s**t that wouldn't make enough money if it were an original IP. It's pretty ironic that they're not willing to take risks in terms of new IPs, but they're more than willing to risk the butchering of the RE series.

Well, nothing new to the franchise, there are much weird things in resident evil code veronica, 4 5 and 6, and they all have "scientific" explanation, like alexia controlling bugs and transforming her blood into fire, or Simmons transforming his body from human to a t rex to a tiger and human again ecc ecc wesker dodging bullet like neo in matrix, Alex wesker coping her mind into Nathalia corda and creating a virus that react to fear.. So nothing so weird and unexplainable whit science, wanting blood can easy be connected to a virus that increase people appetite for blood like t virus increase people appetite for human flesh, and transforming into bugs and return to human form is the same concept of Simmons transformation and alexia controlling bugs
We've had this discussion countless of times before and I'm tired of having to explain it to you over and over again.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
So I watched one of my streamers VODs where he reacted to the RE8 and REvival thing. Ok...

I soooo wanted RE8 to be good. But like. I feel like the info they released just sunk my heart. I knew RE8 would likely be similar to RE4 but come on. Once they brought in Leon's briefcase and that merchant I was basically done. This is the lovechild of RE4 and RE7.

Whats really weird about this is that I was looking forward to an REmake4 so they could FIX what was wrong with RE4. Now they are just taking RE4 and putting lipstick on it.... sigh.

It goes without saying I will still play the game before I make my final judgements on the game but this reveal was terrible.

Which is a perfect Segway into REvival. All I have to say to this is, Why? Just why? Seriously. They keep putting all this time into multi-player games but I think they keep missing the mark. Don't get me wrong, I did like RESISTANCE but it was just meh. It had little replay value and got old pretty quickly. And this looks like its just capitalizing on the Fortnight games trend. About 5 seconds into this reveal I turned the video off. If that says anything.

So there's my 2 cents. Most of my hype for this game is now gone, congrats Capcom.

Hardware

Why not? That doesn't make sense since they've already got horror franchises like Dead Rising and Devil May Cry. DMC might be a stretch but when comparing RE8 to DMC they're actually starting to blend together lol. I think they're just using the RE brand to milk out ridiculous s**t that wouldn't make enough money if it were an original IP. It's pretty ironic that they're not willing to take risks in terms of new IPs, but they're more than willing to risk the butchering of the RE series.
Don't ask me: they used to also have "Dino Crisis" and "Onimusha", both of which sprung out of RE at the beginning. I get that games are getting more and more expensive to make, but I honestly cannot believe that a new horror IP from Capcom would have any trouble finding its audience. Especially one that would be the polar opposite of "Resident Evil". Hell, their only true competitor was "Silent Hill" and that series is dead for the time being. RE8 looks like DMC because it looks like RE4: I recently played DMC1 on my 20-year-old PS2 and I didn't remember all the things Mikami eventually took from it and incorporated in RE4. Even the door transitions are the same. For a game that was supposed to be the original RE4 but was let go because it didn't fit with the series, it did cast a long shadow on the latter. Even Leon's bravado attitude is essentially the same as Dante's, only less flamboyant. In hindsight, I keep thinking I would've probably preferred Kamiya's Stylish RE4 over the game we eventually got.

Last edited:

Hardware

I soooo wanted RE8 to be good. But like. I feel like the info they released just sunk my heart. I knew RE8 would likely be similar to RE4 but come on. Once they brought in Leon's briefcase and that merchant I was basically done. This is the lovechild of RE4 and RE7.

Whats really weird about this is that I was looking forward to an REmake4 so they could FIX what was wrong with RE4. Now they are just taking RE4 and putting lipstick on it.... sigh.

It goes without saying I will still play the game before I make my final judgements on the game but this reveal was terrible.

Which is a perfect Segway into REvival. All I have to say to this is, Why? Just why? Seriously. They keep putting all this time into multi-player games but I think they keep missing the mark. Don't get me wrong, I did like RESISTANCE but it was just meh. It had little replay value and got old pretty quickly. And this looks like its just capitalizing on the Fortnight games trend. About 5 seconds into this reveal I turned the video off. If that says anything.

So there's my 2 cents. Most of my hype for this game is now gone, congrats Capcom.

I hear ya...even though I suspected they were resurrecting RE4 the minute the first leaks about a village, a castle, witches, and zombies carrying swords started popping out years ago. Turns out, I was right. We cannot escape the curse of RE4: they will always go back to it because it sold a lot and plenty of kids keep saying "it's the best Resident Evil ever". Shame on you, Mikami. I am seriously afraid of seeing RE4 getting remade: yeah, I too would like to see it getting fixed (and there's a ton of stuff to fix there), but it will never happen because it won the popularity contest among casual gamers.

RE: VERSE is another multiplayer game I wasn't asking for and I am not going to touch. I tried RESISTANCE, but, quite frankly, I couldn't see the point of it. If there have to be multiplayer RE games, OUTBREAK is the way to go. I don't get why it is so difficult for them to understand.

D

Deleted member 21244

We've had this discussion countless of times before and I'm tired of having to explain it to you over and over again.
Yeah well everyone is free to reply to you're post, and you also writed that things over and over again

@Hardware well there are a lot of people, reviewer and grown up game director, like Cory Balrog and Neil druckmann that say it's one of the best game ever made and it's thank to it that we got game like the new god of war and first the last of us, and most people and old re fan actually love it

Shame on mikami? Most game developer should kiss his ass for what he did whit re 4, and how it influenced they're game

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonipoon

Once they brought in Leon's briefcase and that merchant I was basically done. This is the lovechild of RE4 and RE7.
You know it's obvious that they're going to reuse this asset for the RE4 remake. Overall it seems much of the game mechanics like collecting coins for the merchant and so on is there to remind people of RE4. They want to maximize sales for its upcoming remake.

Don't ask me: they used to also have "Dino Crisis" and "Onimusha", both of which sprung out of RE at the beginning. I get that games are getting more and more expensive to make, but I honestly cannot believe that a new horror IP from Capcom would have any trouble finding its audience. Especially one that would be the polar opposite of "Resident Evil". Hell, their only true competitor was "Silent Hill" and that series is dead for the time being. RE8 looks like DMC because it looks like RE4: I recently played DMC1 on my 20-year-old PS2 and I didn't remember all the things Mikami eventually took from it and incorporated in RE4. Even the door transitions are the same. For a game that was supposed to be the original RE4 but was let go because it didn't fit with the series, it did cast a long shadow on it. Even Leon's bravado attitude is essentially the same as Dante, only less flamboyant. In hindsight, I keep thinking I would've probably preferred Kamiya's Stylish RE4 over the game we eventually got.
I didn't realize that about Dante and Leon until you mentioned it. Then again, Regina in Dino Crisis was essentially a reskinned version of RE3 Jill so it's nothing new really. However, it is definitely unfortunate that RE4 ended up the way it did. I still have much respect for how it revolutionized the game industry at its time, but I'll never really accept how it took the series down a different route.

Hardware

@Hardware well there are a lot of people, reviewer and grown up game director, like Cory Balrog and Neil druckmann that say it's one of the best game ever made and it's thank to it that we got game like the new god of war and first the last of us, and most people and old re fan actually love it

Shame on mikami? Most game developer should kiss his ass for what he did whit re 4, and how it influenced they're game
That's the same answer I get every time from people who keep missing the point: RE4 might be the best game ever made, but it's not a good Resident Evil game - because it's not even Resident Evil to begin with. Most of the mechanics it introduced were used for action games like "Gears of War". Mikami himself has stated multiple times that he didn't want to make a horror game when he finally decided to step in and take matters into his own hands. Do I have to applaud him because instead of making the horror game he had promised several times (who remembers the "don't **** your pants!" video?) he gave us a shoot-em-up full of camp and with a ridiculous plot (I replayed it very recently in HD, so I have a pretty fresh memory)? Yeah, shame on Mikami for butchering Resident Evil. BTW, Neil Druckmann also keeps MGS2 in high praise, which was a major letdown back in the day and whose biggest PR stunt (switching lead characters midway through the game - and lying in the trailers by swapping character models) was used again in "The Last of Us Part 2" - a game most people hate with a passion for that very reason (count me out - I liked it a lot, even though Abbie's parts were not great)....so?

Last edited:

Hardware

However, it is definitely unfortunate that RE4 ended up the way it did. I still have much respect for how it revolutionized the game industry at its time, but I'll never really accept how it took the series down a different route.
Honestly, I hate when people use the "oh, but it revolutionized the game industry" argument to defend RE4 (I am not talking about you): nobody is asking for a sequel to be revolutionary. That's the main mistake that plagued RE4 from the very beginning - they wanted to completely change the game model for no real reason - all we wanted was an improved\upgraded experience (gameplay-wise, the remake of RE2 is what RE4 should've been IMHO). Also, what elements did it really introduce? Over-the-shoulder aiming and QTEs (which were taken from "Shenmue"). The earlier was a welcomed addition (even though I can think of a couple of obscure games from the late-90s\early-00S that featured something similar). QTEs are something people these days hate with a passion, even when they are used right because they have been overused for the past 20-odd years.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I feel like we have to go over this - Why did RE4 turn out the way it did - argument a lot. But if you remember, Capcom believed the series was failing. Due to strange naming choices, exclusivity mistakes, and game journalists panning RE games for continually making the same game over and over with minimal changes, Capcom was under a lot of pressure to change up the formula. At the time, forums were abuzz with how Resident Evil was failing to upgrade itself. A lot of people enjoyed Code Veronica and RE0 (and REmake was still regarded as a masterpiece although people still complained about it), but overall, sales were falling and Capcom was under a ton of of pressure from critics and fans. So, they changes the formula for RE4 and created one of their best selling games of all time. Of course, Capcom is a business first and decided to follow that train until the tracks were empty and we got RE5 and RE6 until the same thing happened. People said they were getting stale and RE6 was universally hated, so they tried to update again with RE7. You have to have a lot of historical context for when these games came out to understand why they made the changes they did. You can still dislike RE4, but it arguably saved the franchise... at least in Capcoms eyes.

Now, on to RE8 - I still hope there is some kind of scientific explanation out there, but it is hard to see how that could be. I am sure the game will be great, and I will buy it Day 1 no matter what, but I do agree with a lot of the comments on here. Unless these are all some kind of shared hallucinations, this game is feeling less like a Resident Evil and more like a Supernatural horror. The game does look terrifying and immensely fun so far though. I will hold off judgement until I have it in my hands. (Mostly)

Hardware

I feel like we have to go over this - Why did RE4 turn out the way it did - argument a lot. But if you remember, Capcom believed the series was failing. Due to strange naming choices, exclusivity mistakes, and game journalists panning RE games for continually making the same game over and over with minimal changes, Capcom was under a lot of pressure to change up the formula. At the time, forums were abuzz with how Resident Evil was failing to upgrade itself. A lot of people enjoyed Code Veronica and RE0 (and REmake was still regarded as a masterpiece although people still complained about it), but overall, sales were falling and Capcom was under a ton of of pressure from critics and fans. So, they changes the formula for RE4 and created one of their best selling games of all time. (...) You can still dislike RE4, but it arguably saved the franchise... at least in Capcoms eyes.
All fair, even though the series wasn't performing as well as before more because of a bunch of bad decisions on Capcom's side than anything else: mainly, their obsession for trying and take RE to other systems other than the PS2. Personally, the only game I really thought felt stale was RE0 and I too was longing for an upgrade - but what they gave us wasn't an upgrade at all. As stupid as it might sound, I cannot get over RE4, mostly because the damn thing keeps rearing its ugly head every few years and taint any new entry.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That is a fair point. And I think everyone who dislikes RE4 for the ridiculousness if completely validated. I am a huge fan of it even with all of the dumbness and the way it changed the path of Resident Evil. I just remember those days so well and I remember how worried I was that Resident Evil would just stop forever. I think RE2 REmake is still the best Resident Evil we have had for years - and I hope Capcom follow the example set in that game for future installments. It usually takes them a few years to adjust upcoming projects to the expectations they had set in previously titles since they are working on so many projects at point.

I mean, RE8 was supposedly the script for Revelations 3 until Capcom realized how good it looked.

Jonipoon

Honestly, I hate when people use the "oh, but it revolutionized the game industry" argument to defend RE4 (I am not talking about you): nobody is asking for a sequel to be revolutionary. That's the main mistake that plagued RE4 from the very beginning - they wanted to completely change the game model for no real reason - all we wanted was an improved\upgraded experience (gameplay-wise, the remake of RE2 is what RE4 should've been IMHO). Also, what elements did it really introduce? Over-the-shoulder aiming and QTEs (which were taken from "Shenmue"). The earlier was a welcomed addition (even though I can think of a couple of obscure games from the late-90s\early-00S that featured something similar). QTEs are something people these days hate with a passion, even when they are used right because they have been overused for the past 20-odd years.
I see what you mean, and I get it. But it doesn’t really matter if RE4 was the first game to introduce over-the-shoulder perspective and QTEs or not, because the fact is that it popularized it. It is what it is.

I don’t think it’s a good Resident Evil game but I would be lying if I said that I didn’t enjoy it. I played RE4 for the first time last year and I had a blast.

Last edited:

Hardware

That is a fair point. And I think everyone who dislikes RE4 for the ridiculousness if completely validated. I am a huge fan of it even with all of the dumbness and the way it changed the path of Resident Evil. I just remember those days so well and I remember how worried I was that Resident Evil would just stop forever. I think RE2 REmake is still the best Resident Evil we have had for years - and I hope Capcom follow the example set in that game for future installments. It usually takes them a few years to adjust upcoming projects to the expectations they had set in previously titles since they are working on so many projects at point.

I mean, RE8 was supposedly the script for Revelations 3 until Capcom realized how good it looked.
Was Resident Evil really in such dire straits even from the POV of people outside of Capcom? Back then I wasn't part of any online gaming community, but I did read news and reviews from at least 3 websites on a daily basis along with some monthly magazines (who remembers those?) and RE seemed to be in good health. Certainly, moving the series to the GameCube wasn't a very clever move (and they already had Code: Veronica as an example of extra-PlayStation releases), but were people aware that RE1make wasn't selling as fast as hoped?

RE2make is the first game from the Resident Evil franchise that I am actually happy with in about 20 years - I don't care about the plot having been messed up, it's the gaming experience that truly feels like modernized survival horror. I hope Capcom will follow its trend, but, who knows? Yeah, RE8 having started as Rev3 actually worries me about the plot: if it was supposed to be a spin-off, the chances of it being pretty messed up are quite high.

Jamesy

Sadly I will not be getting my hands on a PS5 probably until 2022 since it’s a lot of money. So I will have to settle for the ps4 version Re8.

Just need to ask though will the ps4 version of village be poor in quality compared to ps5 version?:(

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Jamesy More than likely. I don't want to be a pessimist but unfortunately the last gen versions of new releases aren't the best in the world, and are even subject to being cancelled on occasion. I would like to think that Capcom would try to look after the regular people of the world who can't afford to upgrade right this very minute but I have serious doubts.

Jamesy

I mean you never know I might be able to buy a ps5 in march or April.

problem is i have already preordered The game on my PS4 console and I am guessing upgrading the PS4 version of RE8 onto PS5 is complicated?

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Jamesy I'm not sure because I'm honestly not interested in the title myself, but I thought the PS4 version came with a free PS5 upgrade.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that was the impression I had.

Jamesy

@Jamesy I'm not sure because I'm honestly not interested in the title myself, but I thought the PS4 version came with a free PS5 upgrade.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that was the impression I had.

How do you upgrade it to the ps5 version?

Seems really complicated to me

oh yeah last question. Why are you not interested in the game?

Top Bottom