• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil tattoo.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Just got back from the tattoo shop run by a pal of mine with this!

The Umbrella Corp logo around the elbow. Resident Evil 1 was the first game i ever played, and completed and it's been a deep love since then! With how good RE6 is it finally made me 110% sure i wanted a Resident Evil tattoo and couldn't think of anything better. Will be getting the Gears Of War omen on the other elbow!

Anyone else here got any game-related ink?

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it :)

TheVacantThrone

Haha that's awesome! It's an insane addiction for sure, i've spent 50+ hours and thousands of pounds getting tattoo'd. Elbow tattoo is meant to REALLY hurt, but didn't really feel it at all.

And yeah i get some random tattoos, hence the big Monster Energy M under that haha, also got an Avenged Sevenfold tattoo, a Bleeding Through tattoo (bands) and a big tattoo for my mum on my chest, then loads of random filler and meaningless things just to get a fix haha.

Darkness

Infected
I can understand the umbrella logo because your a RE fan, but the monster symbol i don't get. Monster is not something you do, it's not really a hobby or something that represents you, it's a product. I would never get a product logo tattoo, that's like spending your own money to advertise someone else's product on your body. I sure hope you have stocks in Monster or something. :rolleyes:

TheVacantThrone

There hasn't been one single day in the past 5 years where I haven't had a can of monster. Its my all time favourite drink, it helps me unwind from ANY amount of stress knowing I can crack open a monster and smoke a joint. So its been a point of happiness in my life, the same as resident evil, or the few bands I've got tattoos of :) even if I start to dislike it in the future, like I dont currently listen to avenged sevenfold, but love my tattoo because their music played a big part of my teenage years. I want my tattoos to be good memories and thoughts about points in my life and how ive grown. So when im 80 ill look down and remember how happy I used to be to just open a can of monster, roll a joint and out some music on, because honestly? When everything else in life gets ****ty, its always nice to know what can help me relax :)

TL;DR: I didn't get the tattoo for the company, i got the tattoo for me because it means something. Your words came across as very judgemental and condescending btw. Just because I have a tattoo of Monster, doesn't mean it's just some meaningless tattoo, it holds just as much meaning to me as my RE tattoo.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I can understand the umbrella logo because your a RE fan, but the monster symbol i don't get. Monster is not something you do, it's not really a hobby or something that represents you, it's a product. I would never get a product logo tattoo, that's like spending your own money to advertise someone else's product on your body. I sure hope you have stocks in Monster or something. :rolleyes:
Tattoos don't have to depict a hobby, something that represents you or even mean anything at all; as long as the person who got the tattoo is satisfied with the end result, that's all that matters. Body art needs no justification, sometimes it's just art.

@TheVacantThrone: Nice ink. ;)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Half the people I know don't get tattoo's for the comitment. Alot of time's it just looks cool. And my only complaint with the monster tattoo, is it's not red!

TheVacantThrone

@Darkness, no offense taken :) @AgentZero, Red?! Are you crazy haha, Green Monster FTW! Having said that I do prefer the fruit ones haha! But ive had that tattoo for so long it was before any other flavours but the green were available in the UK :D

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Awesome! I want a red/white Umbrella logo behind my left shoulder. I saw it on a guy in some por---EDUCATIONAL FILM... *ahem* Anyway, I saw it, and I was like, "Ooh, an RE fan! :D" Then, I realized what a conversation starter having such a recognizable tattoo would be, and now, I want one. I think it's the only thing I could get that I know I'll never regret.

TheVacantThrone

Awesome! I want a red/white Umbrella logo behind my left shoulder. I saw it on a guy in some por---EDUCATIONAL FILM... *ahem* Anyway, I saw it, and I was like, "Ooh, an RE fan! :D" Then, I realized what a conversation starter having such a recognizable tattoo would be, and now, I want one. I think it's the only thing I could get that I know I'll never regret.

Yeah id've gone classic white and red, but unfortunately, getting white to stay someone as bony as an elbow is impossible, it would've faded right back out so i decided to go with black and red instead :)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
@Darkness, no offense taken :) @AgentZero, Red?! Are you crazy haha, Green Monster FTW! Having said that I do prefer the fruit ones haha! But ive had that tattoo for so long it was before any other flavours but the green were available in the UK :D
Come on, you know the coolest looking can is assault!

Chris452

I got my umbrella tat a year ago along with a zombie biohazard mine is white and red my tattooist used my regular skin as white and its turned out perfectly

Top Bottom