• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Survivor Chronicles

Ridley Lockhart

So I'm guessing most of the fans here on the forums have played Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles which are the two rail-shooter RE games. UC retells the events of RE0, RE1, RE3 and gives us some new material showing the downfall of Umbrella. Darkside similarly covers the events of RE2, Code Veronica and new material in Operation Javier showing Leon and Krauser prior to them meeting in RE4.

I believe, instead of "i want a remake of this", "this deserves a remake", "let's remake the REmake of the the OG", something more original as an addition and sequel in the Chronicles Series could be a Survivor Chronicles.

Reader's Digest version, there are technically 3 games in the Survivor series, RE:Survivor on Ps1 featuring a character named Ark Thompson in the first FPS RE game and it takes place on Sheena Island(mentioned in RE0 opening along with Rockford Island), with a really interesting story involving the Mass Production of the T-103 Tyrants, some amnesia and a baddy named Vincent Goldmann.

Then there is RE:Survivor 2:Code Veronica, which to be fair i don't really know much about, it's the only RE prior to RE7 that i don't own nor have i played. Moving on, the third game in the series is RE: Dead Aim for Ps2 featuring Bruce McGivern and Fong Ling(very much a poor man's version of Leon and Ada js) and a baddy know as Morpheus Duvall who steals the T/G-Virus from an Umbrella lab in Paris or France or somewhere then hijacks an Umbrella ship called the Spencer Rain. Funny how in Code Veronica Claire goes and causes a ruckus looking for her lost brother Chris and breaks into an Umbrella lab in Paris. Those french Umbrella facilities really need to work on their security but i digress.

It could go over the events on Sheena Island from Survivor.
Then the events on the Spencer Rain from Dead Aim.
And following the layout of the UC and Darkside, add in a completely new chapter/scenario.

Would anyone like to see a Resident Evil Survivor Chronicles?

Ikawaru

Honestly, I would be thrilled if they "remade" a "2-in-1" game featuring 'Operation Javier' and the last chapter of 'Umbrella Chronicles', but instead of arcadey rail shooters they would be full blown survival horror games with modern mechanics. They'd probably be like 10-20 hours apiece and fairly short by normal standards but if they manage to jam pack really good quality into 2 separate games, it could be one of those cases where 1 + 1 = 4. Instead of playing as Wesker though, you would be playing as Chris or Jill (or both) and actively participating in destroying Umbrella.

There's probably more popular on-demand than this but it would be cool if Capcom managed to queue it in somewhere for a future project.

Sometimes, really short games can actually be better than a single game because it is forcing you to jam all of the best elements into a smaller space so I think survival horror "2-in-1" could be a good experiment for Capcom and treat it as a full blown release and not a side game.

Ridley Lockhart

Honestly, I would be thrilled if they "remade" a "2-in-1" game featuring 'Operation Javier' and the last chapter of 'Umbrella Chronicles', but instead of arcadey rail shooters they would be full blown survival horror games with modern mechanics. They'd probably be like 10-20 hours apiece and fairly short by normal standards but if they manage to jam pack really good quality into 2 separate games, it could be one of those cases where 1 + 1 = 4. Instead of playing as Wesker though, you would be playing as Chris or Jill (or both) and actively participating in destroying Umbrella.

There's probably more popular on-demand than this but it would be cool if Capcom managed to queue it in somewhere for a future project.

Sometimes, really short games can actually be better than a single game because it is forcing you to jam all of the best elements into a smaller space so I think survival horror "2-in-1" could be a good experiment for Capcom and treat it as a full blown release and not a side game.
I really like that idea. If we could play through "Umbrella's End" with Chris and Jill and "Operation Javier" as Leon and Jack, but with as aforementioned with modern mechanics that would be so good. I'd wonder if it would be co-op or your partner is just A.I. controlled.

Originally i suggested Survivor Chronicles which i still think would be neat, but scratch that for a second, having Sheena Island AND Dead Aim's stories in this pack, modern mechanics, in addition to Umbrellas End and Operation Javier. Now That sounds badass. All four of those are through a first-person point of view (Dead Aim is when aiming but moves around 3rd person when walking/running)and i think they'd all benefit. Maybe if i write a letter to Capcom.

One more thing i shall suggest. In addition to Umbrellas End, Operation Javier, Sheena Island & Dead Aim, but what if Capcom also have a scenario in that 'pack' same drill, modern mechanics and everything the whole shebang in which we play as some of the BRAVO team during the whole Mansion Incident. There are 12 S.T.A.R.S. members:

ALPHA Team
Albert Wesker
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Barry Burton
Joseph Frost
Brad Vickers

BRAVO Team
Enrico Marini
Forest Speyer
Kenneth J. Sullivan
Richard Aiken
Rebecca Chambers
Edward Dewey

Edward gets turned into a zombie early on, Richard get killed by Yawn, Rebecca goes off and meets with the fugitive so those STARS members are all covered but from July 23rd-July 24th there's a good chunk of time which Forest and Kenneth's whereabouts can't be accounted for. Enrico as well but we do see him in the Underground Labs with Rebecca, "And i never saw him again".

We get to see the inside and out looking in of Raccoon forest and the Arklay Mountains, however in the Flashback scenario in Outbreak File#2 we get to see a lot more of it. I think it would be super cool to have a chapter in which we play as Forest or Kenneth in a level that shows what they were up to leading up to making it to the Spencer Estate. Kind of like how Umbrella Chronicles added some extra stuff with Richard teaming with Rebecca.

Just an idea

Last edited:

Ikawaru

"4-in-1" purely survival horror games may actually be a great idea, much better idea than the stupid "4-in-1" purely action games that was 'Resident Evil 6' (which I think is by far the worst game in the entire franchise). Let's take Stephen King for instance, I really do not like his novels very much but I think his short stories are great because they come off as very authentic and rich in content even though they are short. If we actually had a single game with 4 survival horror games that are rich in content but not very long, I smell a lot of potential.

I can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of co-op though, but that is my bias. Maybe it's because I'm in charge of managing several people at my job and do not like the idea of "playing work" on my free time and just want to be a lone gunman. That is why I cannot stand DnD party-based games like 'Dragon Age' and 'Baldur's Gate', because managing a party of 4-6 feels way too much like work!

Ridley Lockhart

"4-in-1" purely survival horror games may actually be a great idea, much better idea than the stupid "4-in-1" purely action games that was 'Resident Evil 6' (which I think is by far the worst game in the entire franchise). Let's take Stephen King for instance, I really do not like his novels very much but I think his short stories are great because they come off as very authentic and rich in content even though they are short. If we actually had a single game with 4 survival horror games that are rich in content but not very long, I smell a lot of potential.

I can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of co-op though, but that is my bias. Maybe it's because I'm in charge of managing several people at my job and do not like the idea of "playing work" on my free time and just want to be a lone gunman. That is why I cannot stand DnD party-based games like 'Dragon Age' and 'Baldur's Gate', because managing a party of 4-6 feels way too much like work!
Have you seen Stephen King's IT? Those were great the two part tv series from around 1990 and even the remakes IT Part I & II

In regard to co-op...i also would prefer a more Lone Wolf experience and straight up survival & horror, well done please, not medium rare. Co-op is fun, or it CAN be but Capcom should save that for other projects, like their Mercenaries, Raid Mode, REsistance, etc. As much as i enjoyed the silly back n forth between the player and the A.I. teammates in Outbreak, Kevin, Mark, George, Jim, David, Alyssa, Cindy, Yoko, it was hilariously ridiculous.

Top Bottom