• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Sequel: Ada Wong

Leo33322

Whoever Ada Wong works for
The Resident Evil series numbers are adding up, which is awesome, and we all know our main characters. One character that has been mainly a side character and IS my favorite, is Ada Wong. I hope in the near future a sequel comes out with Ada as the main character. It can even go into her personal life and her work as a spy; for that we're "not sure if that's her real name" (records). Don't even know her age either. This idea could greatly please Ada fans and it has to include Leon and maybe a few others :) However, coming off of RE6, the story line(s) are increasing as well with multiple characters and it can include intersections and clarification of Carla & Ada to Chris.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Great idea, I would definitely buy an Ada game! :) If you had suggested this by the time RE4 came out, I would have said: "No, let's keep the mystery around this character." But now RE6 is out and nothing has changed about her, so I think it's time to evolve her character a bit.

I have one objection, though: Leon should not be in the game. This has nothing to do with my personal dislike for him, but with the fact that so far Ada has been in no game or movie without him. It's like she's dependent on him, and that's not how it should be in my opinion. Just like Jill proves that she can hold her own without Chris in RE3 (which is the only game in which I actually like her), Ada must step out of Leon's shadow already.

Also, if this is going to be RE7, I'm not sure if including Chris would be a good idea since he's already been in the last three chronological games (including Revelations), but on the other hand, the conflict between Ada and the BSAA because of that Carla confusion cannot be ignored. (And I'm a massive Chris fangirl anyway, so I wouldn't mind him being in every game. :p But most people would probably not agree with me here.)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
We do really need to give some spotlight to characters beside Leon and Chris. And I'm not just talking about Claire here, but Carlos, Rebbecca, HUNK, Jill, And perhaps, maybe even finding a note by Wesker, saying what actually happened to Steve.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I always thought it'd be cool to have an Ada oriented side game, maybe something leading up to the outbreak in RE2. Idk, just throwing out ideas here, but I think something interesting could come out of it.

Leo33322

Yes but you have to remember, Leon and Ada saved each other multiple times therefore they are partners in crime!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm sure no one will forget that, but it can't hurt Ada to get in touch with some other people as well. Up until now, Leon and Wesker are the only recurring characters she has interacted with (but Wesker is dead, and I don't count mini-encounters like Ada saving Sherry in RE6, or Chris briefly spotting her while he's after Carla), so it's time for her to build relationships with other characters too, or else her right to appear in a game will be dependent on Leon forever. Personally, I'm pretty tired of their eternal "(S)He loves me, (s)he loves me not" daily soap by now.

How about an unusual pairing like, for example, Ada and Carlos? It's highly unlikely that those two will ever meet or even know of each other, but that's what makes it all the more interesting. But come what may, I stick with what I said before, I would buy an Ada sequel either way. :)

Leo33322

I'd rather not have Ada with anyone else lol but IMO Ada with Leon or Ada with no one. Friendly relationship is fine. But yes Ada sequel!!!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think Ada should remain the really cool mysterious side character. The less we know about her, the more we can be surprised with later. Besides, Leon being a main character, it's great that he has such a mysterious character to play off of. I'd still play an Ada game, just because it's RE, but I highly doubt it'd be near as good.

Leo33322

It makes sense but later is now! Ada sequel with my favorite character please! It's gotten far enough with her as a side character and after re6 and her skills she deserves to be a main character. Time for spotlights on new charaters as stated before!

Reactions: Hel

Personally I consider Ada to be the main character of RE6 in a way. Despite the fact that she's in the shadows a lot her and Carla are the main focus and reasons for the events that play out in RE6.

I vote for Ada being close to another character. She does need something new. If an Ada spin off does happen I would like them to explain some stuff about her. I know a lot of people say that her being mysterious adds to her character and is what makes her great, but I don't think so. I mean just showing up and disappearing without explained reasons or motivations get really old after 15 years. Even Wesker's possible motives were discussable (Before RE5)while fans still can't even agree with what alignment Ada's in. I do like mystery characters but it depends on how it's done.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I like your idea, but i think Ada should remain Mysterious woman in red (or side character) The less we know about her personal life it is better. I love the way how she is Mysterious, i hope it will stay the same way. She just pops out of somewhere and Provides assistance.

Top Bottom