• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Resident Evil Revelations: Achievements Revealed?

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
So I don't know if you guys noticed, but I've been keeping my eyes open on the webz about this possible port. A few sites that I check once or twice a day just posted about this, going as far to say as its basically confirmed. Me being the pessimist that I am, am taking it with a grain of salt, but remaining slightly optimistic.

Though I've watched all the cutscenes for this a while ago, the gameplay would be brand new and I'm really looking forward to it if it's ever announced. So, here's the site that's REvealed(HA! See what I did there?) it: http://exophase.com/game/re-revelations-unveiled-edition-xbox/achievements/

And just so I don't feel like a dick about it, here's links to the other sites that posted it:
http://www.biohaze.com/
http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...il-revelations-achievementstrophies-revealed/

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I was just coming here to post about this! I want this game all kinds of now, please!
I know man the sooner the better! And hopefully a physical release(though I doubt it), even so digital would work to. I think it'd be a good move on Capcom's part to make a quick buck since their fiscal year wasn't as good as anticipated.

I remember seeing trailers for this way back when, and it looked awesome. But it wasn't really in my budget to get a new console just for one game. Last time I did that was for RE5 and I got an xbox, but that was justifiable I had a HUGE tax return lolz.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'm pretty much in agreement with you 100%. I was really bummed that a critical/fan darling of a game such as this would be stuck as a release for a system I was otherwise uninterested in. When rumor broke that it was being ported, I got really psyched for it!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
There's just one tiny flaw I see. As far as I can remember, there are no enemies wielding guns in Revelations, so the deflect a bullet with your knife achievement may be incorrect. Unless they're changing things up a bit. I could be wrong. But I totally hope that Revelations is ported, it's an amazing game, and it'll be great to play with people on Raid Mode on Xbox :)

[EDIT] Unless they're talking about the Tricorne Ooze, the enemies that fire their arm at you?

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
There's just one tiny flaw I see. As far as I can remember, there are no enemies wielding guns in Revelations, so the deflect a bullet with your knife achievement may be incorrect. Unless they're changing things up a bit. I could be wrong. But I totally hope that Revelations is ported, it's an amazing game, and it'll be great to play with people on Raid Mode on Xbox :)

[EDIT] Unless they're talking about the Tricorne Ooze, the enemies that fire their arm at you?
Hmm, I'm not sure. What exactly is Raid Mode? I've heard a lot of praise over it, so I'm looking forward to that too if it's ported over.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
(Pretty detailed explanation here). :p

Raid Mode is the mini-game in RER. Basically, there are 21 stages, and 3 difficulties - Chasm, Trench and Abyss. You can choose three weapons to take with you, and each weapon can have Custom Parts attached to them, which is sort of like the upgrade system in RER, there are loads of different kinds of upgrades you can find (you find them in both Story Mode and Raid Mode).

You play through various areas that appear in story mode, but there are a set amount and types of enemies to kill. Sometimes you have to kill the enemies to progress, sometimes not and you can run past them. In addition, there are sometimes locked rooms that you can get keys for, for extra goodies. You have a start point, and you have to reach the finish point without dying.

Also, you have a level in Raid Mode. You start at level 1, and the maximum level is 50. It takes a while to get to level 50 so it gives you something to work towards. The enemies also have levels 1-50, so you can tell how tough an enemy is based on their level.

There are enemies that have icons next to their level sometimes too. A shield icon means that the enemy has a strong defence, so it takes a lot more bullets to kill it. One icon signifies speed - they are smaller than normal enemies, but much faster. Fist icons show that enemies have higher strength, so their hits are more damaging, and finally bosses have crown icons.

As you progress, getting higher levels, the weapons available to you will get stronger. Weapons have levels required to use them, so you can tell from the level, as well as the stats, if it's a good gun. The amount of Custom Parts you can add to a weapon varies, so that can be an influencing factor on whether or not to use a higher level weapon - a higher level weapon may have slightly higher firepower, but if you add a custom part to your old one, it can boost the firepower over. So there's a lot of tactical decisions to make.

The store in Raid Mode allows you to stock up on ammo, weapons etc between stages. Also available in the shop are ammo bags, which mean you can carry more ammo with you - the upgrades are staggered, starting with ammo bag 1, and finishing (I think) with ammo bag 5. You can do the same with grenades and herbs, getting holders for these too so you can take more with you, which is necessary for the more difficult stages.

Finally, there are lots of different kinds of missions that give you rewards for completing them. You can keep getting missions, sometimes they do repeat themselves, such as 'BOWs based on wolves. Defeat 20 of them'. The rewards from completing such missions are points to spend in the store, new characters and new outfits for these characters.There are ten characters to chose from, all of whom star in this game, and each has their own ability (for example, Chris has shotgun and rifle mastery, meaning he can reload these weapons 200% faster).

It sounds very complicated but it's really not. It's a very fun experience, you'll be playing it for hours. :) It's so much fun playing both alone and with other people too, there's so much that's cool about this mode, and I think it makes a very nice change from mercenaries. :) Sorry for the long explanation. :p

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Thanks Jenevieva! That sounds like an entire game within a game lolz. With the disappointing DLC for RE6, this sounds like a breath of fresh air.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
You're welcome! :) It actually is, there's a lot to do! I should add that the types of enemies you encounter on the same stages on different difficulties will be different. :) Oh and there's the Ghost Ship stage, which basically has lots of different finish points, and you have to find the real one that will gain you the maximum points. This minigame, in my opinion, is much more diverse than mercenaries. :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Wow that's a very good explanation Jen lol

I have a question though.
Why do so many level 50 people host the "ghost ship" level, but put their level to 1 and hit the first coin?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Basically, whenever you play online with somebody, you receive a mission through Street Pass from them. These are either 'Wanted' missions, or 'Infected' missions. Wanted missions are those where you have to find a player that has supposedly mutated into a BOW and you have to put em out of their misery. Infected missions are a little trickier, you have to Street Pass with a certain amount of people with the exact same mission to get the reward, so it could say 'Infected: Progenitor 0/8', and you have to Street Pass with 8 people with that mission to gain the reward.

People use the Ghost Ship level to 'farm' these missions. You receive a Wanted mission every time you complete a level with somebody, via Street Pass. The Infected missions are much rarer, and offer the best rewards, such as rare custom parts or high level weapons both rare and not. Therefore they're highly coveted. The fastest way to get lots of these missions is to use the Ghost Ship level, because by hitting the first medallion in the level, the stage can be completed in roughly ten seconds. This means that they can gain these types of missions quickly and efficiently, so they get lots of Wanted missions, and occasionally an Infected mission.

Players set their level to 1 to let people know that they don't want to play the whole Ghost Ship stage. They're only farming the missions, so they only need to go so far as the first medallion. It's basically to prevent people getting annoyed because they think that someone wants to play the whole stage if they have level 50, when actually they just waste their time by hitting the first medallion. Basically, the level 1 thing is just for courtesy, so that people who want to play the full Ghost Ship don't join their game.

Hope this helps! :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Yes that helps very much so! :O
I thought people just didnt know what they were doing lol.
Thanks for the explanation!

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom