• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident evil Relavations jill's new face?

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
What? I'm not going to pretend I even understand the last part of that, or what it has to do with anything.
Even though RE1 was on the playstation 1 the characters were fairly clear-cut in their appearance. Not only did you have their "Character Portraits" in the game manual, you also had the live-action actors in the opening movie. Now I know the actors weren't exact, but it serves to give you a great mental reference to the characters overall look. Based on this two things in my mind are certain.

1- Barry had a bushy beard, not stubble.
2- Barry may not be bodybuilder big, but he is depicted as slightly more muscular than most others.

Now what you have been saying is that, "I think new Jill is a travesty, and looks like a new character entirely." Meanwhile I am saying "and your point is what? I think she looks appropriately Jill-ish, and is not the only nor most drastic character makeover in the series"

I am sorry it bothers you so much, but to me nitpicking this one point is like a bunch of Star Wars nerds complaining about Greedo firing the first shot. (Retreats into underground bunker to hide from SW nerds.)

BobSapp

What? I'm not going to pretend I even understand the last part of that, or what it has to do with anything.
Even though RE1 was on the playstation 1 the characters were fairly clear-cut in their appearance. Not only did you have their "Character Portraits" in the game manual, you also had the live-action actors in the opening movie. Now I know the actors weren't exact, but it serves to give you a great mental reference to the characters overall look. Based on this two things in my mind are certain.

1- Barry had a bushy beard, not stubble.
2- Barry may not be bodybuilder big, but he is depicted as slightly more muscular than most others.

Now what you have been saying is that, "I think new Jill is a travesty, and looks like a new character entirely." Meanwhile I am saying "and your point is what? I think she looks appropriately Jill-ish, and is not the only nor most drastic character makeover in the series"

I am sorry it bothers you so much, but to me nitpicking this one point is like a bunch of Star Wars nerds complaining about Greedo firing the first shot. (Retreats into underground bunker to hide from SW nerds.)
and what are you talking about exactly?you didn't understood of anything that i said?

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
and what are you talking about exactly?you didn't understood of anything that i said?

Understand? YES! Care? NO!:D I kid, but seriously it doesn't bother me.
You aren't the only one talking about it though.- GamesRadar

Personally the only major difference I see is the less bulbous nose in Revelations when compared to the Julia Voth model. The Revelations Jill looks more like a evolution of her RE3 iteration than anything.

Jills.jpg

Note: The last Jill pic is Jill's RE3 Costume in RE: Mercenaries 3D, and looks nothing like the others.
Silverback Type1 said:
It's not, dude. She looks like a toad with fish lips.

Dude with the exception of the original RE3 Jill, they all do.

The example of Barry changing from RE1, RE3, and to REmake was to show that redesigns do happen with characters, and some are more drastic than others. I don't lose sleep at night because of it and I don't think you should either.

BobSapp

Understand? YES! Care? NO!:D I kid, but seriously it doesn't bother me.
You aren't the only one talking about it though.- GamesRadar

Personally the only major difference I see is the less bulbous nose in Revelations when compared to the Julia Voth model. The Revelations Jill looks more like a evolution of her RE3 iteration than anything.

Jills.jpg

Note: The last Jill pic is Jill's RE3 Costume in RE: Mercenaries 3D, and looks nothing like the others.

Dude with the exception of the original RE3 Jill, they all do.

The example of Barry changing from RE1, RE3, and to REmake was to show that redesigns do happen with characters, and some are more drastic than others. I don't lose sleep at night because of it and I don't think you should either.
i see what you talk about i definitely disagree with you,and i will leave you since i see talking to you only waste of time,i am not gonna give you reason and statistics since you don't care =)

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
You obviously missed the part that said I was kidding about not caring. I also said it doesn't bother me either way. Just because it doesn't bother does not mean I don't care, but in the grand scheme of things I have too many real worries in a thing called life to let changes to a fictitious character's appearance cause distress.

BobSapp

You obviously missed the part that said I was kidding about not caring. I also said it doesn't bother me either way. Just because it doesn't bother does not mean I don't care, but in the grand scheme of things I have too many real worries in a thing called life to let changes to a fictitious character's appearance cause distress.
if it doesn't bother you why would you reply and just make spam? i said my opinion that i hate they changed face FOR NO REASON you don't have to reply!

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I'll go ahead and state the obvious.

Jill's face in RE 1/REmake/RE 3/RE 5 = Beautiful.

Jill's face in RE: Revelations = Toad-esque and not attractive.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
if it doesn't bother you why would you reply and just make spam? i said my opinion that i hate they changed face FOR NO REASON you don't have to reply!

MoiGex
I replied to state my opinions. I continued because you asked about my reference to Barry, and whether i was understood or not, I have stated my opinion on the matter as it pertains to this topic.
According to you my posts that contain said opinions are spam, but what would that make yours?

You see just because you make a topic on any forum, doesn't mean everyone that posts in it has to agree with you.

SilverbackType1
What? The Julia Voth Jills have lips like the Goodyear Blimp compared to the others. Don't get me started on the bulbous nose that you could land a 747 on.

BobSapp

MoiGex
I replied to state my opinions. I continued because you asked about my reference to Barry, and whether i was understood or not, I have stated my opinion on the matter as it pertains to this topic.
According to you my posts that contain said opinions are spam, but what would that make yours?

You see just because you make a topic on any forum, doesn't mean everyone that posts in it has to agree with you.

SilverbackType1
What? The Julia Voth Jills have lips like the Goodyear Blimp compared to the others. Don't get me started on the bulbous nose that you could land a 747 on.
i wrote "i wonder if anyone else didn't liked jill's new face" and then you starts with your crap with PSX RE1 and Barry wtf barry has to do with it, i only asked if you didn't liked the new face say yes i liked it or no didn't not so hard...

AgentHunk lets stop this discussion =)

p.s i think topanga is very old and ugly,julia voth more beautiful.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Yes, but as soon as there were people who didn't think it was so bad you went out of your way to prove your point. Jill is my favorite female character, and I do like Revelations Jill far better than the others. The fact is whether they redesign her or not she is still Jill, and it is an RE game I will be getting. I am sorry the redesign bothers you so much.

The point of RE1 Barry is to show by example that redesigns do happen and not always for the better in terms of what we like or want to see. A character's appearance doesn't affect the games playability or fun factor (at least to me.) so as I stated complaints should be leveled at the games 3ds exclusivity.

You are right however that we should stop this discussion. You are welcome to your opinions, and I know you haven't really affected mine, but I will say this in closing.

Danielle Fishel (topanga) is 30 years old, only 4 years older than Julia Voth, and is nowhere near old and ugly.

Timur93z

Actually they had reason:
on resident evil panel
Nikole:
Q: Revelations, why did Jill's face change so much? A: Plastic surgery. We wanted to keep the character fresh. It's slightly different but very recognizable.
i think it is unnecessary change to,but we cant do anything

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Actually they had reason:
on resident evil panel
Nikole:
Q: Revelations, why did Jill's face change so much? A: Plastic surgery. We wanted to keep the character fresh. It's slightly different but very recognizable.
i think it is unnecessary change to,but we cant do anything

Agreed.

The new Jill looks ugly to me personally, and it was an unnecessary change, but like they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Welcome to REN, by the way.

ConnerJake1980

I red somewhere that resident evil revalations is before resident evil 5 and yet she looks nothing alike in revalations her eyes are to far apart
jill%20face.png
jill%20face.png

Top Bottom