• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Outbreak is Back Online

Zombie_Professor

I am proud to celebrate with all of you this great news about the Resident Evil Outbreak server recreation. I trust that many of you are already having a great time playing Resident Evil Outbreak with your friends. Special thanks to The Fog and all his buddies who made it all possible. For complete details about how to play online check out: http://www.obsrv.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=545

Also, as a veteran member of the Support Outbreak Campaign, I want to encourage all of you to join me in spreading the word about our Request for Resident Evil Outbreak File #3 petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html

When I joined the Support Outbreak Campaign back in 2009, the petition sported over 2000 signatures. As you know, much has changed since then. So far we have amassed 9850 signatures of support from passionate Resident Evil Outbreak fans.

With our target of 10,000 signatures within reach, the petition is sure to turn heads at Capcom HQ. Ladies and gentlemen, lets hit the 10,000 signatures milestone!

As always, every Resident Evil Outbreak fan is welcome to join our ranks on the Capcom-Unity forum. I look forward to seeing all of you in the game.

JillsPimp

The Armorer
So we need to get our PS2's out with our Harddrives and hook up out internet and play a old out dated game? Golly Gee Willickers Wesker I am in!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i hate to be that guy, but 10000 sigs isn't going to peak capcoms interest. financially they're in a bad position so taking a risk with an outbreak game wouldn't be on the cards IMO.
the servers coming back had nothing to do with capcom and so far they've showed little to no support.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
It's just like Metal Gear Online people are working so hard and they SEEM to have all this support. But in the end it's only going to be a few people playing. It's not like the entire fanbase is coming back. Otherwise all companies would reconsider terminated services.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The Outbreak games weren't too amazing as is...They are OK at best. My least favorite in all of RE to be perfectly honest. So this isn't such a huge deal to me...

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I have my old ps2, network ready, outbreak and file 2, but.....this server is only compatible with the Japanese versions....so it doesn't do me or most people in America much good, sorry.
I don't think there's enough support to petition for the servers to come back up, I think if anything we should petition for a "classic" release of the old games on a new gen console and network. They're not gonna open up a free server for a game that they can't make money off of anymore anyway. If they can rerelease and sell online copies, then MAYBE it would make them enough profit to be worth it.

Last edited:

Zombie_Professor

Actually the whole idea about Capcom staff not supporting Outbreak is simply not true.

Consider these quotes from well-known Capcom employees:

Capcom-Unity moderator Twiggy:

“The Outbreak games aren’t the most popular games in the Resident Evil franchise, but they do have some of the most loyal and die-hard fans out there.”

“I do feel that the petition is at least doing better than nothing, and at the very least, could bring to the attention of Capcom executives that there is a fan base for this series.”

“Keep supporting Outbreak! Capcom has been known to give their fans what they want.”

(Source http://gta-gamers.org/2012/04/22/support-outbreak-campaign-hopes-to-bring-the-series-back/ )

Assistant producer of Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Mike Ross said "that he was a big fan of Outbreak and even acknowledged that there was a huge support group on Capcom Unity." Capcom producer Rey Jiminez added "that he was also a big fan and added that Outbreak was ahead of its time."

(Source http://www.play-mag.co.uk/general/capcom-captivate-round-up/ )

Christian Svensson Capcom's Vice President of Strategic Planning & Business Development:

"I know that there are some fans who want old Outbreak to come back or a new title in the series. Very vocal ones at that. It comes up in planning discussions from time to time but it hasn't yet made it over the hump. Maybe someday it will."

"As Seth alluded to on the stream, there have been some extrodinary lengths some folks internally have gone to try and help those Outbreak stalwarts that unfortunately didn't come good. Unfortunately, I can't talk about those things but just know there are people internally, especially in our office, supporting your desires."

(Source http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...ak-a-low-priority?post_id=495136213#495136213 )

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
oh I agree, I would love outbreak to come back. I'm a big supporter. But not on the old console, I don't think that's a logical step. Having already re-released every main ps title as a download on ps3, now with ps4 already making an entrance, there's no reason to take a step back in technology and cut off any possible new fans, as well as the possibility of income...which is going to be necessary to run the server anyway.

Zombie_Professor

The Outbreak server revival gives Outbreak fans a great place to gather and play online together. It is a heart-warming story of resilience and dedication. Diehard fans of a ten year old game triumphantly construct an online server and continue to enjoy it even though the official servers closed down over five years ago.

When the plug was pulled on the official servers, the horror and excitement players experienced while playing Outbreak online came to an abrupt end. Many players came to the conclusion that Resident Evil Outbreak was finally dead. But our Bring Back Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign challenges that notion. Instead of giving up, we are urging all Outbreak fans to come together, play online and voice support for the series.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
The Outbreak server revival gives Outbreak fans a great place to gather and play online together. It is a heart-warming story of resilience and dedication. Diehard fans of a ten year old game triumphantly construct an online server and continue to enjoy it even though the official servers closed down over five years ago.

When the plug was pulled on the official servers, the horror and excitement players experienced while playing Outbreak online came to an abrupt end. Many players came to the conclusion that Resident Evil Outbreak was finally dead. But our Bring Back Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign challenges that notion. Instead of giving up, we are urging all Outbreak fans to come together, play online and voice support for the series.
No Offense. But the definition of "Die Hard Fans" has shifted greatly.

To be honest nowadays if it's related to RE Die Hard fans are just people who can't accept the newer games. They aren't very well versed either since all they generally play is survival horror.

Zombie_Professor

Friends, on behalf of the entire Bring Back Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign, I want to give you our heartfelt thanks for your support. The Outbreak games have some of the most loyal and diehard fans out there. Today we celebrate 10,000 signatures on our "Request for Resident Evil Outbreak File #3" petition. http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html

Our team has achieved great things by working together, that is what unity is all about. In the words of the Capcom Admin, "Stay enthusiastic! Keep making noise! Let Capcom know how important this is and how many other people agree with you."

Overwhelmingly, I have received positive feedback about our petition. Fans are growing more and more enthusiastic and are making noise. Our campaign is carrying a great deal of positive momentum right now. The petition numbers continue to climb upwards and Resident Evil Outbreak discussions across all gaming forums are hot topics. We are making great strides to show Capcom how much fans want Resident Evil Outbreak back.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Friends, on behalf of the entire Bring Back Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign, I want to give you our heartfelt thanks for your support. The Outbreak games have some of the most loyal and diehard fans out there. Today we celebrate 10,000 signatures on our "Request for Resident Evil Outbreak File #3" petition. http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html

Our team has achieved great things by working together, that is what unity is all about. In the words of the Capcom Admin, "Stay enthusiastic! Keep making noise! Let Capcom know how important this is and how many other people agree with you."

Overwhelmingly, I have received positive feedback about our petition. Fans are growing more and more enthusiastic and are making noise. Our campaign is carrying a great deal of positive momentum right now. The petition numbers continue to climb upwards and Resident Evil Outbreak discussions across all gaming forums are hot topics. We are making great strides to show Capcom how much fans want Resident Evil Outbreak back.

I have a terrible feeling Operation Raccoon City was supposed to be the Outbreak 3.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Gotta agree ORC gave me a feeling like that. It was a new concept.

But still outbreak is long gone along with about every other PS2 online game.

Top Bottom