• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

'Resident Evil Needs More Action' - IGN

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/122/1221455p1.html

My best friend wrote about this:
"This is why Call of Duty is ruining the games industry. Games that were perfect JUST THE WAY THEY WERE are now being influenced by CoD and striving to be more like it to "compete" and earn more dollar. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a little action here and there, infact action is sometimes just what you need, but when companies start refering to Call of Duty as their main influences, structure and genre for their new titles, it becomes increasingly frustrating and insulting to those true fans of the original games. I keep dreaming that someone will make a truly terrifying, current gen survival horror...Alas, if this article is anything to go by, the RE franchise is being run into the ground. I guess only time will tell."

I completely agree.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
RE is not about action...RE has ALWAYS been and will ALWAYS be about horror...Sure IGN disagrees, but I've never known IGN to be CORRECT LOL...Capcom hasn't failed us yet...Well, hasn't failed ME yet...Sure, they've taken some wrong turns, but everyone does at one time or another...I think they're gonna get back on the right track with RE6...In all honesty, you know what game did good with inducing fear in the player...Resistance: Fall of Man...It wasn't scary HORROR scary like we want RE to be...But it had moments that were heart pounding and intense...It really sucked you in...I don't think RE should become a Resistance knock off or anything...But it's certainly better than CoD...RE has always managed to do its own thing...And Capcom won't fail us...I'm sure of it...

Silverback

Moving Mountains
IGN doesn't know what it's talking about because it has dollars on the mind.

Resident Evil always was primarily about horror, hence "Survival Horror". To think the serie's needs more action at this point is ridiculous.

Top Bottom