• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Inside Umbrella Chapter 4

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
Deseir was eyeing his knife with such yearning, one might think it was the only thing that was keeping him alive. He shifted his gaze back to Kai.
"Give it to me," Deseir said to him, his voice dripping with rage. He had done nothing to this man. Why is he messing with him?
Kai set the knife to the table beside him and flexed his arms, showing his bulging muscles. It was clear this guy worked out. Although, Deseir doubted he was trained in karate by Albert Wesker.
That thought stopped Deseir dead in his tracks. He knew that Umbrella was evil, but was Wesker? Did he actually kill Enrico Marini, and try killing the other S.T.A.R.S. members? The man Deseir knew wouldn't do that. Of course, he was cold, harsh at times, but does that mean he's a killer? Deseir highly doubted it. Inside, he knew Wesker was a good man. He just had a tough, cold exterior covering it.
The grin on Kai's face was what brought Deseir back to reality.
"Well," stated Kai, clearly trying to taunt him, "looks like someone's enjoying Cloud nine." Finally, Deseir snapped. Sliding off the table, he stood up straight, pushing away the urge to stretch and yawn. He flexed his fingers and walked towards Kai.
Deseir stopped when he was about a foot away, and Kai stepped forward. He was a good 3-5 inches taller than Deseir, but it didn’t really matter. Out of the corner of his eye, Deseir could see that Emma was tense. She knew what was about to happen.
While Deseir was distracted, Kai took advantage of that time to grab his arm and swing it behind his back, putting him in a successful arm bar. Deseir wasn’t giving in easily, but Kai began to twist harder. He began groaning in pain and frustration, and began to feel fatigued. There was a pounding in his ears, yet Deseir could faintly hear Emma screaming at Kai.
It was then when Deseir realized that Kai brought him to his knees. He felt as if his pride had been stripped away from him, being reduced to pure humiliation. This wasn’t going to happen to him. Not now, not by this guy and not after all that’s happened.
Slowly but surely, Deseir was on his feet again, although Kai still had him in the arm bar. Deseir stood on his toes and tipped his head forward, then swung it back with force. Kai cried and let him go, giving Deseir the chance to spin around and land two punches to the face.
Kai retaliated by punching Deseir square in the face and delivering a kick to the chest, which sent him sprawling into a few chairs. He flung one at Kai (who simply sidestepped) before jumping back up.
Kai swung a few times, landing every single punch, while Deseir was barely able to hit back. There had to be something he could to in order to win this fight, but what? Deseir grabbed Kai’s arm as he was about to punch him in the chest, then headbutted him.
Kai stepped back and rubbed his forehead, which gave Deseir the perfect chance to roundhouse him in the side. Kai jerked a bit, but immediately grabbed Deseir’s leg and swung him around, slamming him against the wall.
I guess all of the training I got from Wesker isn’t doing me any good, Deseir thought, as he pushed himself off the wall, right into Kai, going headfirst into his stomach. Kai doubled over, but grabbed Deseir’s head and kneed him in it. His head flung back and hit something (a table) on way down.
Before he knew it, Kai was on top of Deseir, but he was able to kick him off in seconds. When he got back to his feet, Deseir swung madly, yet precisely, striking Kai in the jaw, gut, shoulder and chest. Deseir could see that Kai was beginning to become tired, yet so was he. Deseir needed to finish this now.
Deseir used the “Tiger Uppercut” that Wesker taught him, then did a sweep kick at his legs, knocking the man to his feet. Deseir got on top of Kai and hit him. Once. Twice. Three times. Four. Five. Deseir stopped finally stopped, and when he was done, he was panting and breathing heavily. Balling his hands together, Deseir raised them over his head as he stared down at Kai, his nose bleeding.
Kai looked away, not wanting to see the next blow. Right when Deseir was about to hit him, he felt something against the back of his head. Something cold and metallic.
“Don’t do it,” Emma said, her gun against the back of his head. Deseir slowly put his hands down and stepped away from Kai, glaring at them both.
“Hands where I can see them,” she said cooly, showing that she wasn’t afraid to shoot if required.
“He started it!” Deseir exclaimed lamely.
“I don’t care who started it,” she replied with a snicker, “I’m finishing it.” Kai was already at her side sticking his tongue out at Deseir. Emma elbowed him in the stomach, and briskly walked over to Deseir when he laughed and slapped him. Both guys looked at Emma, clearly appalled.
“Now that that’s over,” she said walking over to the table of food, “let’s eat”.

Top Bottom