• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Hopeless Reckoning.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I also posted the story here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8135742/1/Resident_Evil_Hopeless_Reckoning but I will post it here as well. Feel free to review it there or here, whichever you please. I'll be updating the story periodically as it covers Rebecca's life from Raccoon city to the events of RE5. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Resident Evil: Hopeless Reckoning.
Rebecca's Diary:
"September 24th 1998: What can I say? They're here now. The infection is spreading and it will get worse, and this nightmare…this hell, has only just begun. I'm getting out of here. I can't stay here any longer, and there's no way a human being could survive an outbreak of this multitude. I hope I can convince Jill and Brad of this before I go. Chris and Barry went to Europe to fight Umbrella under our noses. I can't say I blame them, I want to do the same, but not here. I have to escape Raccoon before it's too late, knowing our luck Umbrella will nuke this place as a cover up.
I wonder where Billy is… I hope he's okay. Ever since we departed, I can't stop wondering where he is and how he is. Maybe someday we'll cross paths again, or meet in another life. I'd like to think that at least. As for now I bid you all ado. If I don't write another entry, well… you know what that means."
Rebecca stares at her computer diary, having nothing else to say. After some time she finally presses "save" and gets up to go look outside her window. There's smoke and faint screaming coming from Newspaper Alley. She quickly runs to her medic bag and packs everything she needs, including her laptop, first aid kit, samurai edge, ammo, clothes, a bit of water and food. She looks around her small apartment, but has no time to reminisce and leaves.
While getting into her car she could hear moaning from behind her, she shuddered and closed the car door quickly. As she reversed her car she saw what was moaning in her peripheral vision, a young girl with her throat ripped out and blood gushing down. She was one of them. Rebecca began to sob quietly as she drove to Brad's place two streets down.
Rebecca ran to Brad's home hoping not to attract any attention as she knocked on his door. "Who is it? What do you want?" A very cowardly Brad whimpered behind his door. "Brad, it's me Rebecca. Listen, we NEED to get out of here! If we don't leave now there won't be an escape, I saw in the news the military is beginning to barricade the city. They won't let us through Brad, they'll only let us die like the rest of the city! We'll need to leave before they do this. I still know of some back streets we can take that they haven't blocked off yet." Rebecca yelled, beginning to attract a few of the zombie's attention. She looked at the window beside the door to see Brad poking his head through the curtains, clearly furious with her at this point. "Shut up, they heard you! I'm not leaving this f*cking house, and if I HAVE to it certainly won't be with you!" He screamed, then shut his curtains.
"F*ck you Brad." Rebecca murmured under her breath as she ran back to her car driving to her last destination before leaving, Jill's. After arriving, she climbed the fire escape to the third level, forgetting which room was Jill's exactly. She knocked on a few windows until, "Becca… What an odd way to come say hello." Jill said half smiling, but with a worried tone. "Jill! Can I come in for a sec?" Rebecca said, relieved to see Jill. "Of course, come in… Err I mean climb in." Jill said opening her window. "Great, thank you." Rebecca said, a bit out of breath climbing through the window, into Jill's bedroom. Jill went into the kitchen and gave her a glass of water. "Looks like you need some." Said Jill. "Thank you…" Rebecca looked at Jill for a while.
After the mansion incident Jill and Rebecca became quite close, like best friends, even with their age difference. Their bond was very strong given the fact that they were the only two female S.T.A.R.S members in the group. "I think I already know where you're going with this. I'm not leaving, I have to stay and fight. After all, Raccoon needs me." Jill looked down, not wanting to face her friend. "I'm sorry… Rebecca. Please be safe on your way out." Rebecca stepped back a bit with tears in her eyes. "Jill please come with me, we need to get the hell out of here. You know this, you see what's happening out there. If we leave now I can take us to some back roads that lead out of the city. If we don't leave now they'll be blocked by tomorrow. You won't be able to survive this, this is suicide!" Rebecca said in tears.
Jill looked at Rebecca and then looked down again, "Nothing you say is going to make me leave, you're just wasting your time now. PLEASE go while you still can, Rebecca." A tear began to roll down Jill's face as she quickly wiped it away. No one had ever seen Jill in such an emotional state before. She was incredibly skilled at keeping her emotions to herself. Rebecca walked up to Jill and hugged her tight. Jill was taken aback at first, but she finally put her arms around Rebecca, patting her back softly. She certainly wasn't used to hugs as her Father wasn't very affectionate, but she had to get used to it after she met Rebecca. "I'll miss you Jill." Rebecca pulled away from the hug with tears in her eyes and a deep sadness beginning to appear on her face. "I'll… Miss you too Rebecca." Jill said trying to strain a smile, but couldn't.
Rebecca left the way she came in, through the window, but before she could leave. "Rebecca! Here, I forgot to give this back to you last time I saw you. You'll probably get bored on your journey, and want to listen to something." Jill handed Rebecca her CD's she had lent her. "T-Thanks Jill." Rebecca said as she put the CD's in her medic bag. "Hey, take care of yourself and I'll… see you again when this is all over. Don't worry about me."
Jill faked a smile obviously trying to make Rebecca feel better about the situation, even though Jill had no idea what was in store for her. "A little white lie won't hurt her." She thought. Rebecca knew it was bullsh!t though. "Goodbye Jill." Rebecca choked back the tears and climbed down the ladder back to her car. She had no idea where she was headed, but she knew one thing. It wouldn't be easy, especially alone.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
The 4th chapter is posted, and I know there are about two typos in there, but as long as the chapter is, and as long as I took writing it... I'm going to take a break for a little while as I don't know what else to write for now. :)

Jgraeme1979

@storyofmylife I went to the site and read all five parts and really enjoyed them, is part 5 the end or are you planning on writing some more and continuing the story?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
@storyofmylife I went to the site and read all five parts and really enjoyed them, is part 5 the end or are you planning on writing some more and continuing the story?

Thank you so much! Nah, I still have one more chapter to go, but I've been busy writing other things. The last one will lead up to the events of RE5 and Rebecca's life then... You know there will have to be a reunion of sorts when she finds out Jill is still alive! ;) Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad people enjoy this fic... I may just finish it up today. :D

Aleck

Biohazard
This kind of makes me want to play another game with Rebbecca in it. I loved playing Resident Evil zero, as a matter of fact. Im going to buy a gamecube with all the classic RE games including that one to relive the horror and pleasure of it all. Great story!

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
This kind of makes me want to play another game with Rebbecca in it. I loved playing Resident Evil zero, as a matter of fact. Im going to buy a gamecube with all the classic RE games including that one to relive the horror and pleasure of it all. Great story!

Thank you so much! I will definitely have to finish this story up. ;) You'll love the classic RE games on the gamecube! They're the BEST!!! :D

Top Bottom