• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Resident Evil Facebook Post asks fans about their feelings on a Resident Evil 2 Remake

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This is the first Facebook post from last night.

Hello Resident Evil fans!
This is Capcom R&D Division 1!

First off, we would like to express our deepest appreciation to all Resident Evil fans, for your passion, enthusiasm and continued support for the Resident Evil brand.

Enthusiasm for a Resident Evil 2 Remake is something we've been hearing from you over the years, and has drawn some recent attention in the media.

However, as the team owns the RE brand, we're not certain how we feel about this approach, and would like to ask your honest and frank opinion about the “Resident Evil 2 Remake” and what the brand identity is supposed to be about?

And this is the post from this morning. What do you guys think this will lead to!?

Hi Resident Evil fans!
This is H from Capcom R&D Division 1!

Wow...!!

I was told by my boss to check out the post by "R&D Division 1" on the Resident Evil Facebook page, and THIS IS AMAZING....

Thank you so much for your passion and continued support for Resident Evil brand!

He was also telling me...“can YOU make a worth seeing game to answer these fans full of passion???"

This order actually makes me SUPER excited...!!!

IntoxNitram

I am so happy. This practically confirms that they are at least going to work on it, so probably something we can expect to get our hands on, probably not until at least 2017 based on the previous time frames, but the fact that they are actually working on it is just perfect.

wayne

This is the first Facebook post from last night.

Hello Resident Evil fans!
This is Capcom R&D Division 1!

First off, we would like to express our deepest appreciation to all Resident Evil fans, for your passion, enthusiasm and continued support for the Resident Evil brand.

Enthusiasm for a Resident Evil 2 Remake is something we've been hearing from you over the years, and has drawn some recent attention in the media.

However, as the team owns the RE brand, we're not certain how we feel about this approach, and would like to ask your honest and frank opinion about the “Resident Evil 2 Remake” and what the brand identity is supposed to be about?

And this is the post from this morning. What do you guys think this will lead to!?

Hi Resident Evil fans!
This is H from Capcom R&D Division 1!

Wow...!!

I was told by my boss to check out the post by "R&D Division 1" on the Resident Evil Facebook page, and THIS IS AMAZING....

Thank you so much for your passion and continued support for Resident Evil brand!

He was also telling me...“can YOU make a worth seeing game to answer these fans full of passion???"

I was so excited when i saw this!! Im pretty sure this is a confirmation that are going to start work on it... i just pray they bring back alyson court for claire and use her model from darkside chronicles, she looked beautiful there. Would i be accused of craziness hoping to see a trailer at toyko game show??? :p

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I definitely agree with most of the comments to the facebook post in that I would rather have a REmake style remake than a remake in the style of RE4 etc. (remake remake remake... doesn't look like a real word anymore does it xD) but the main things i'd hope for are to keep the music (obviously re-composing it), the story and basic atmosphere of the game the same.

If they bring back Alyson Court, I will forgive them for Revelations 2.

Mark Mane McIntyre

I have only played 30 mins of RE2 but it was scary and fun. I still saw walkthrews on it

As for a person for who started with RE4 and played RERR early this year.
I would like the Resident Evil 2 Remake should play like Remake Remastered.
but with a few changes,
You can shot and move.
They need to add over the shoulder - For people who like them
Fixed Camera Angles - For People who like them. Everyone wins
Keep story the same and show us how this intersects with RE3. Since RE3 takes place before during and after 2.
RE2 was scariest of the first trilogy. The only game that is scary in the second trilogy is RE4.
I don't want RE to be action. ORC,5, and 6.
Time to go back to basics

Meg

So bin ich eben
Ugh. Who do I have to put out to to get a Dino Crisis remake? Sheesh.
I know Capcom said they want remakes to be a focus going forward. I can imagine doing a bunch of RE games first since it's one of their biggest franchises, but I can see Dino Crisis coming within the next couple years. *hopefully*

EDIT: I want to see Viewtiful Joe return. :'(

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I have only played 30 mins of RE2 but it was scary and fun. I still saw walkthrews on it

As for a person for who started with RE4 and played RERR early this year.
I would like the Resident Evil 2 Remake should play like Remake Remastered.
but with a few changes,
You can shot and move.
They need to add over the shoulder - For people who like them
Fixed Camera Angles - For People who like them. Everyone wins
Keep story the same and show us how this intersects with RE3. Since RE3 takes place before during and after 2.
RE2 was scariest of the first trilogy. The only game that is scary in the second trilogy is RE4.
I don't want RE to be action. ORC,5, and 6.
Time to go back to basics

Really? I thought RE2 was the least scary in the whole series...... I played it when I was 14 or something and I didn't find it creepy in the slightest. I thought it was more action orientated than RE and 0 was. Those leeches sucked ughh!

I would say the scariest in the series was RE4 on the Game Cube. Honestly if you had the right TV seeing those Regenerators eyes glow as they come to you and you can't see anything else? Oh man that was awesome. I remember hearing stories about people returning the game because they couldn't handle it! LMAO

I still remember the first time I saw the Regenerator on the table and I kept looking at it with my gun thinking "I know this ****er is going to jump up". Nothing happened so I went into the other room and explored the area and grabbed what I needed. I heard the Regenerator at the door so I walked up to the door and drew my shotgun as it was pounding on the door. The door slammed down right on my head and I jumped! I ACTUALLY JUMPED!!! LMAO!
For the record... I beat this game the first time without ever picking up the thermal scope -_- I actually missed it and I needed to buy a rocket launcher to kill that one Regenerator that had the key. Ugh It was definitely a struggle lmao! After playing both ways, I think the game is better WITHOUT the thermal scope.

As for Resident Evil 2... the interrogation room where the licker jumped out. Didn't even make me budge, I picked up my shotgun and killed it and moved along. I fully expected it the second I entered the room. It's a freaking interrogation room and no **** it's a one sided window. I was 14 and I knew this. It was one of the most predictable scares I've ever seen in my life. I don't understand why anyone says RE2 is scary? I find it to be the most action orientated of the original games. Plus the Zombies were so easy to deal with, or they made a path you could just run through xD

Then again what do I know? Games and movies don't scare my at all :( I'm immune to that because.... it's just a movie and just a game lmao XD

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I want re2 and re3 to be included together with the same Remake treatment as the first.
Include Crimson heads and other additions. Puzzles ect.

Not just a graphic enhancement, I want things to feel fresh and new again.

I prefer re3 to re2 but I don't think either of them deserve to be remade alone.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I want re2 and re3 to be included together with the same Remake treatment as the first.
Include Crimson heads and other additions. Puzzles ect.

Not just a graphic enhancement, I want things to feel fresh and new again.

I prefer re3 to re2 but I don't think either of them deserve to be remade alone.

Honestly it would make sense to remake both of them and package them as one. The timeline all fits nicely but at the same time.... they kind of deserve their own standalone release.

Plus as I've been saying about a Nemesis remake.... that game would be so much better today and it was ahead of its time. Could you imagine Nemesis less scripted and the Raccoon City a bit more open for exploration and destructible environments with that guy chasing you? Behind the back view where you can't see anything behind you as your trying to survive from this BAMF while everything else is going down? The game would be crazy and far more terrifying than the original as he'd be constantly breaking down walls everywhere. Destructible environments can stay permanently destroyed and saved that way. Who cares? Raccoon city is getting nuked in a few hours anyways. Capcom has an opportunity to have the franchise once again push the limits of technology!

Top Bottom