• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 7 Talk

Zomie0f3vil

What characters do u think will be in Resident Evil 7. I think maybe Claire, Ada and Leon. But I don't know about the main Bad Guy.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Claire and Ada? Yes, please! And Sherry too.
Leon? No, please! Let Ada finally have a game without him.
Same for Jill: If Chris doesn't appear to make her whole story arc revolve around him (as always), she can be there too.
Supporting roles: Hunnigan, Sheva, Helena...
Bad guy: Maybe Alex Wesker? And what if, despite everything we already know about him, he turned out to be a woman?
After RE6 was so male-dominated, wouldn't it be great to have a game full of the female characters?

But despite what I wish, I think Jake and Jill will be there in any case. Jake because he's kind of a new main character in the series (which I don't mind, I have nothing against him), Jill because she went AWOL after 5 and that can't be left unexplained. I'm pretty sure Chris won't be in the next one because he already appeared in three games in a row, let's give him some rest. So it's probably going to be just Jake, Jill, and a few new faces.

Reactions: Jen

Turo602

The King of Kings
As much as I still want a Chris and Leon game, since Capcom managed to even ruin that, I think Chris and Jill should be the way to go. The duo who started the series should be the ones to bring the horror back if Capcom does truly intend on returning to the series' roots. Alex Wesker would be the ideal villain here, since Resident Evil 6 was according to Capcom "the start of act 2." Resident Evil 7 should shed some light on the past and set up a bigger picture for the series.

I seriously hope Jake doesn't return because his character was just so asinine and his personality has no place in this series. I also hope we stop getting new faces and that they stop making so much time pass. Capcom needs to focus on their established cast and stop aging them so damn much or even leaving so many gaps between events. It's becoming too damn crowded turning the series into a mess that will never give us closure on the whereabouts of past characters. Seriously, what the hell happened to Billy? Rebecca? Carlos? Steve? At least mention Barry and tell us about him. It took them long enough to bring Sherry back, but even then, she was still growing up. What, now we have characters like Jake, Helena, and Sheva out there. ****... why couldn't it be Jake who died instead?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I doubt we will find out what happened to Carlos, as he didn't even get an epilogue is the game he co-starred in. They also gave an epilogue to Barry, but didn't give one to Rebecca.

I really want Jill and Claire to star in a game together. With Rebecca and/or Barry as a supporting character(s). And Jessica, Raymond and Alex as the main villains that live long enough to replace Albert Wesker as the long-running villain. Other scenarios can include Leon, Chris, Ada, Sherry, Jake, Helena, Sheva and Josh. And I want at least one main character death, not a random supporting character death.

cemotions

Honestly it doesn't matter to me ... I just hope they do what they say and go back to Survival Horror style of game ... back to what made RE great! ... then it will be insane!

Thanasis

don't disturb. I eat dinner
I would say Rebecca and/or Barry as a supporting character. For basic characters Ada and Claire.

L

Lurker
At this point, I'd be truly surprised if another main-series Resident Evil game will be made. I mean, we all know Revelations is great, but can the same be said about Resident Evil 6? Sure, Ada's campaign was really good, and Leon's was at least decent, but if anyone tried to tell me Jake's and Chris' campaigns were close to good, I would simply laugh at them. They're mediocre, at best.

Now, don't go yelling at me that people have different tastes; I understand that, but Resident Evil is not a shooter. Ada's campaign was the closest Resident Evil 6 got to the older games. Ever since Resident Evil 4, it seems we haven't gotten anything remotely near the original (excepting Revelations). I'm not saying Resident Evil 4 is a bad game, I ****ing loved it, but it simply isn't Resident Evil. At least it got survival horror right, though...

Simply, I feel as if Resident Evil 6 killed a lot of fans' hopes in the series. I was willing to give Resident Evil a final chance after Resident Evil 5, but it simply didn't capture my attention. Yet I still sat through the entire game just so I could talk about how terrible it is, for some peculiar reason. They were some of the most boring moments of my life. Even Operation Raccoon City was excusable considering it wasn't developed by Capcom, but after two consecutive Resident Evil games that simply couldn't capture the feeling of survival horror, I think it'd be better if Capcom ditched the series.

Thanasis

don't disturb. I eat dinner
I think that the best Resident Evil was Resident evil Zero, 1 and 2 ( game cube, psx, wii). Only these.

weskerondope

At this point, I'd be truly surprised if another main-series Resident Evil game will be made. I mean, we all know Revelations is great, but can the same be said about Resident Evil 6? Sure, Ada's campaign was really good, and Leon's was at least decent, but if anyone tried to tell me Jake's and Chris' campaigns were close to good, I would simply laugh at them. They're mediocre, at best.

Now, don't go yelling at me that people have different tastes; I understand that, but Resident Evil is not a shooter. Ada's campaign was the closest Resident Evil 6 got to the older games. Ever since Resident Evil 4, it seems we haven't gotten anything remotely near the original (excepting Revelations). I'm not saying Resident Evil 4 is a bad game, I ******* loved it, but it simply isn't Resident Evil. At least it got survival horror right, though...

Simply, I feel as if Resident Evil 6 killed a lot of fans' hopes in the series. I was willing to give Resident Evil a final chance after Resident Evil 5, but it simply didn't capture my attention. Yet I still sat through the entire game just so I could talk about how terrible it is, for some peculiar reason. They were some of the most boring moments of my life. Even Operation Raccoon City was excusable considering it wasn't developed by Capcom, but after two consecutive Resident Evil games that simply couldn't capture the feeling of survival horror, I think it'd be better if Capcom ditched the series.

i find it interesting that you and many other people think that revelations is more old school than re6
personally i think its the opposite
i still think resident evil 4 is the last great resident evil game ever made
resident evil 6 is however a great call of duty or left 4 dead spin off if you ask me

as for future resident evil games im looking forward to the finished 1.5 aswell as evil within
i will of course buy resident evil 7 whenever it comes out but i have low expectations

Reactions: L

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Man, check out all the cynics haha.

In all seriousness though, Keep Claire retired. We cannot keep bringing back old characters that have run their course. By the same token, stop bringing in new pointless ones as well. I mean, they should have killed Chris, and left Peirs to take his place, but no, they Killed him. What a waste. He had SO much more potential than just a one game character like Billy or Steve. And also, I'd like to point out, In the currently established cannon, Claire is retired from the fight. They GAVE her closure, let's stay with that. I love her as a character, but they MUST work on wrapping some people up.

Characters that should stay retired are
Claire Redfield
Billy Cohen
Barry Burton - But throw a nod to him, explaining a thing or two.
Chris Redfield - After his ending in RE6, that was perfect closure, unless they bring him back for one more game for a heroic death.
Sheva - Never let Sheva EVER be f*cking mentioned in RE again. She is by far the WORST character to EVER raise her head, and she should never be brought back.
Helena - I have mostly the same feelings for Helena as I do for Sheva, but I'll give Helena this, her story was FAR more interesting than Sheva's was, even if her character ITSELF was a waste.

Focus on
Jill
Chris - Again, IF they're going to bring him back, make it only for a heroic death.
Leon
Rebecca - It would be nice to see her again, if only a cameo or working in a lab or something to that effect, to give her the closure she deserves.
HUNK - Because he has SO much potential.
Jake - While not a great character, Ada's ending made it apparent that he's coming back, so let's accept it. I personally like him, but I also COMPLETELY understand why most of you guys didn't.
Ada - But ONLY coupled with Leon. Ada cannot have her own game, and Leon can't have a game without her. The two of them together is a staple in the series that should stay.
Sherry
Carlos - Again, just throw a nod to him, maybe a cameo, to give him a bit more closure.

weskerondope

i dont think barry should be retired
i still have wet dreams about resident evil 7 going back to the survival horror roots
fixed cameras, zombies, and a gray haired barry in his late 50s as main character or at least side character

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
i dont think barry should be retired
i still have wet dreams about resident evil 7 going back to the survival horror roots
fixed cameras, zombies, and a gray haired barry in his late 50s as main character or at least side character
Yes, a Side character would be fine. Non Playable, and retire him at the end.

weskerondope

yeah that could work
they could make him playable for a short period in the gam though.
just like rebecca was playable in re1, and carlos in re3, and ashley in re4
well you know how i mean

zippiesdrainage

CAPCOM stated that they'll be changing the format again in order to please existing fans but also reel in newer younger fans. I take that to mean that they'll be changing the format to something very recognizable for younger players, what does that mean for RE7?

If I had to guess based on what's popular right now is the game will be a huge online presence and I'm guessing it'll be like a sandbox Outbreak with a GTA style map and they players play as regular people trying to survive with a heavy emphasis on co-op, establishing fortifications etc. etc.

As far as CAPCOM changing the gameplay again, there's nowhere left to go and win new fans without copying something that's already established elsewhere. Look at the games that are popular right now....The Assassins Creed/Batman play style wouldn't work and a First Person Shooter has already been done with Left 4 Dead.

At least that's my prediction...

weskerondope

oh crapcom
what idiots
will they never understand that they cant really please call of duty fans
they should try to satisfy us real residentr evil fans, we are the ones who bought the games and made them big
and this is how they thank us? by turning their backs to us and kissing the cod fans feets
cod fans wont like re cause its not cod,
capcom should just sell the resident evil rights to team igas, at least they can deliver what we want

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
If they turn RE into an open world/sandbox/whatever game, that's when I throw in the towel. Don't get me wrong, those type of games are fun as hell. Fallout3 is probably my current favorite game, but I play RE for the story at this point and I just feel like it'd be too hard to craft a decent experience for me, personally, like that. Revelations just pretty good with a "modern oldschool" experience, but it still left something to be desired. Whenever RE7 drops, will truly make or break the franchise for me. I've found some way to enjoy all the games to an extent, but I'm getting too old to drop time and $60 on something that just leaves me with a "Meh, it was okay" feeling.

Not to sound cynical, or talk trash on the recent games, but I haven't fully loved one since RE4 surprisingly, and that was major departure from their usual framework.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I had the Idea.

What if they actually mixed in various betas of other games?

Say like Re2 Beta has a new character Elza Walker join the fray with a Re5 Beta style story in a random location where (Most likely Jack) traveled to and is now helping out the Militia (RE5 Beta) fight back reminder of the J'avo/Zombies from the C-Virus where then he meets Alex W. and *Cue Re4 Beta* **** hits the fan with all this weird spiritual **** inside a mansion. After that section is done possible take a cue from RE5 go after Alex W. and then bam end it Re2 style still a possible entry.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I would love Jessica to return as a bad guy.

IMO the players stories who have ended and have no need to return are:
Claire ( found her brother )
Chris ( staying in army vs bows) - only come back as cameo or references
Billy (no need since he's supposed to be an escaped convict living a silent life)
O Brian (retired)
Barry (retired)

Don't get me wrong, Claire and Barry are awesome but I wouldn't like their characters to be ruined.

I would however like to find out if there was any missing story with Jill, Sheva, Claire in the 6montha Chris had amnesia.

I would like however:
Jessica
Raymond
Ada
Jill
Carlos
Sheva

I can see many fun back and forths with Jill, Ada and Jessica.

New characters yes as long as it's not solely about them or another "it's my fault " story.

There needs to be an actual threat of infection.

Sean_Pierce

It's selfish but I'm going to say it: Piers Nivans. Don't feel like explaining myself anymore lol.

But ultimately, it's Claire Redfield that I'm waiting for. It'd be one heck of a comeback, even as a teaser announcement. Claire and Jill duo would be neat too but I like the boy girl chemistry in co-op, which is something I hope they keep. With survival horror in co-op, it's pretty trippy. Not the most horrific but it was so messed up my sister couldn't hold the controller properly when playing through the submarine, looking for the three codes. Much as I enjoyed Chris' campaign, I wish more of it was like that submarine scare. I felt like I was playing The Thing or Fear.

Top Bottom