• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil 7 Graphics comparison

Just for fun I took screenshots of the PS4pro and Xbox One versions just to see if the PS4 really made any differences.. here are the results

15369193_1272449329479319_6420194766540996951_o.jpg

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Ooh, they both look so cool in their own ways. The Xbox looks more washed out, fitting the whole "abandoned" dusty theme, but the PS4 makes it look more creepy and realistic, abandoned but not too abandoned, if that makes any sense.
Thanks for sharing!

Ooh, they both look so cool in their own ways. The Xbox looks more washed out, fitting the whole "abandoned" dusty theme, but the PS4 makes it look more creepy and realistic, abandoned but not too abandoned, if that makes any sense.
Thanks for sharing!
I totally get what you mean! I was impressed overall on how good the game looked on the Xbox. The PS4pro version looks great but I didn't expect anything less from it since it do have improved hardware.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
WOW The difference is insane... Though it's not really fair to compare the Xbox One with the PS4 Pro. I'm more interested in seeing the difference between the regular PS4 and Xbox One. Because the regular PS4 will still look better. How much better is what I want to know. You also have some strange line marks showing up on the Xbox One version which isn't appealing and the contrast looks like it's turned up too high. I don't think the Xbox One has that poor of lighting performance but I could be wrong. The difference in lighting between the two systems look generations apart. There's a really nice shine effect on the PS4 Pro that makes it look realistic. I want to say the texture quality looks higher on the PS4 Pro but it's actually hard to tell with those screenshots. I want to be technical and lean on the idea that it's just higher resolution and the lighting effects make it look like the textures are higher than they are. After all the data required for textures is a massive bitch! To fit it all on the disk or meet the data limits.... it sucks. It really sucks having to reduce your texture resolution in a game to meet a data size maximum requirement. There's a reason why larger games reuse assets and often have poorer texture quality.

WOW The difference is insane... Though it's not really fair to compare the Xbox One with the PS4 Pro. I'm more interested in seeing the difference between the regular PS4 and Xbox One. Because the regular PS4 will still look better. How much better is what I want to know. You also have some strange line marks showing up on the Xbox One version which isn't appealing and the contrast looks like it's turned up too high. I don't think the Xbox One has that poor of lighting performance but I could be wrong. The difference in lighting between the two systems look generations apart. There's a really nice shine effect on the PS4 Pro that makes it look realistic. I want to say the texture quality looks higher on the PS4 Pro but it's actually hard to tell with those screenshots. I want to be technical and lean on the idea that it's just higher resolution and the lighting effects make it look like the textures are higher than they are. After all the data required for textures is a massive bitch! To fit it all on the disk or meet the data limits.... it sucks. It really sucks having to reduce your texture resolution in a game to meet a data size maximum requirement. There's a reason why larger games reuse assets and often have poorer texture quality.
Both has the standard settings on contrast. I've not played with them at all. It's just how the standard game look.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Both has the standard settings on contrast. I've not played with them at all. It's just how the standard game look.

Really? Because those lines should be showing up..... I wasn't accusing you for editing the pictures or anything if that's what you thought. I actually assumed those lines may have showed up in the processing of the screenshot, and not actually in the game.

Though I did think you might have had your contrast increased too high on the Xbox One. Maybe for your TV but the screenshot just shows that. Which is why it looks washed out. That's just my theory. On the TV I'm playing on the standard PS4 game looks more like the Pro than the Xbox One in terms of color and contrast, just without all the shine effects. Judging by the screenshots the Xbox One version is really hitting limitations and Capcom could be doing more tbh to clean that out. Then again I don't know how big the game or what crazy stuff is in store. It's Capcom and they are known for really pushing hardware with the Resident Evil mainline games.

I'm honestly starting to think that the all the Baker stuff we've seen is only one chapter of the game. Maybe 10-20%. Kind of like how RE4 only showed the village for it's pre-marketing campaign and RE5 showed the first chapter of Africa and the public assembly sections. We know a lot less than we think we do.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Despite the clear difference, the Xbone graphics still look decent. As for PC no screenshots yet but here's what the graphics settings option looks like
I'm honestly starting to think that the all the Baker stuff we've seen is only one chapter of the game. Maybe 10-20%. Kind of like how RE4 only showed the village for it's pre-marketing campaign and RE5 showed the first chapter of Africa and the public assembly sections. We know a lot less than we think we do.
Yeah I got this feeling that the Bakers aren't really the ones pulling the strings. There may be a higher power.

Top Bottom