• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 resident evil 7 double monitor issue

mwesten1

so i have this weird issue where game turns off my second monitor when it loads or applies settings and then turns it on... its annoying since i want to watch e-league

bro_hugger

Is multi-monitor even officially supported by the game? I know that 21:9 support isn't there too.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
That sounds like a pretty weird glitch! Which graphics card are you using and are you updated to the latest official drivers? I know that Nvidia rolled out some brand spanking new drivers a day or two before Resident Evil 7's official launch, but not sure where AMD stand driver-wise.

Also, have you tried running Resident Evil 7 in Windowed or Borderless Windowed mode?

bro_hugger

That sounds like a pretty weird glitch! Which graphics card are you using and are you updated to the latest official drivers? I know that Nvidia rolled out some brand spanking new drivers a day or two before Resident Evil 7's official launch, but not sure where AMD stand driver-wise.

Also, have you tried running Resident Evil 7 in Windowed or Borderless Windowed mode?

Does windowed mode cause a performance hit?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Does windowed mode cause a performance hit?
Not to my knowledge, but my thinking is that perhaps the game, with its many faults on PC, is trying to full screen across both monitors, failing to do so, then perhaps putting the second monitor into standby mode. When I've had a HDTV in the past as a second monitor, it would be triggered into standby mode by the craziest things, even by alt+tabbing. I currently have a projector as my second 'screen' and it does not like displaying different content to monitor #1. When the screens are duplicated it's all fine and dandy.

It's a bit of a stretch, but might be worth a try in Windowed mode. If the TV is immediately turning off when Resident Evil 7 is booting up that tells me that the monitor isn't getting a signal, likely because the game is in dire need of some bug fixing and optimisation.

Top Bottom