• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6 praise thread.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I have not had the luxury of playing Revelations yet. RE 4 was a masterpiece, I need to revisit that game. Also I really enjoyed playing the walking dead series, I think they delivered all three, but that's an entirely different style of game. The point I was trying to make is that RE6 is EXTREMELY dependent on story. Multiple campaigns with story intersections. Balancing the story alone must have been very challenging to make, and I believe is under appreciated. They aren't catering to COD fans, they are aiming for high multiplayer action and high replayability. Not what everyone wants, but for what they intended I think they delivered. I honestly hope that the next RE will be more scary, but I was not expecting this game to be scary and I was not disappointed. Also enjoyed the crawling moments.
RE7 has to be more like Revelations if it wants to both be classified as a Resident Evil game and succeed, it will do great cause Revelations pleased the horror fans, story fans and even the action fans, RE6 pleased no one.
I don't want future RE games to focus on the story alone because at this point the story is just crap IMO, Wesker all of the sudden having a son, Ada having a doppelganger, guys mutating into dinosaurs, zombies with guns, organic chainsaw arms, I just don't like all that and don't want to see it continue, so as much as I hate reboots, I want RE7 to be a complete story reboot of the franchise.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
RE7 has to be more like Revelations if it wants to both be classified as a Resident Evil game and succeed, it will do great cause Revelations pleased the horror fans, story fans and even the action fans, RE6 pleased no one.
I don't want future RE games to focus on the story alone because at this point the story is just crap IMO, Wesker all of the sudden having a son, Ada having a doppelganger, guys mutating into dinosaurs, zombies with guns, organic chainsaw arms, I just don't like all that and don't want to see it continue, so as much as I hate reboots, I want RE7 to be a complete story reboot of the franchise.

I liked RE6. I guess that makes me "no one"

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Actually RE6 pleased a lot of fans. Me and you are the odd ones out bro.

Caldi23

Yes age. Like how old were you when Resident Evil 2 came out? or which Resident Evil game did you start with? How long have you lived the resident evil experience? Are you someone who has been through the Resident Evil journey as it unfolded, or someone who had to back track and missed out on the real experience? Do your words matter or not?

Popo

My question is why didn't they make the whole game like the Leon campaign, finally a Resident Evil with a creepy feeling and I even jumped 3 or 4 times so far (still on the beggining of chapter 2). My theory is, Leon campaign = please old school fans, other campaigns = please new gamers who only enjoy shooting the hell out of everything and everyone.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I liked Leon/Helena and Jake/Sherry's story intersection. I liked all of Leon's and Ada's campaign, and the China segments of Chris and Jake. The only thing I disliked was the awkward camera angles during the chase sequences.

The horror genre died when we gained the technology to make everything super realistic. It's been reduced to nothing but jump scares. And really, I never found RE scary in the first place. The first RE game I played was RE2 and not once was I frightened. I felt tense when I was cornered by an enemy with low ammo, but I felt that way in all the other RE games.

Caldi23

I think anyone who started with.. say.. RE 4 wouldn't be able to appreciate the story. The awesome super cheesy dialogue and story from the early games perfectly fits with RE 6. I would be unhappy if it was anything but cheesy. Some people don't like that Chris Redfield suddenly became super huge. I think it's cheesy hilarious and awesome. In Code Veronica, Chris Redfield weighed exactly 170 lbs. That said, I am thankful there aren't any cheesy characters like Steve. Steve proved to be quite useful, but come on Claire, you could do so so so much better.

EDIT: Sorry, 177lbs.

Caldi23

I liked Leon/Helena and Jake/Sherry's story intersection. I liked all of Leon's and Ada's campaign, and the China segments of Chris and Jake. The only thing I disliked was the awkward camera angles during the chase sequences.

The horror genre died when we gained the technology to make everything super realistic. It's been reduced to nothing but jump scares. And really, I never found RE scary in the first place. The first RE game I played was RE2 and not once was I frightened. I felt tense when I was cornered by an enemy with low ammo, but I felt that way in all the other RE games.

Not even the arms bursting through the shutters, the licker on the window..? Also were you alone with all the lights off except for the tv?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Not even the arms bursting through the shutters, the licker on the window..? Also were you alone with all the lights off except for the tv?

Sure, I mean, who doesn't jump from a jump scare? But that's what it was, a simple jump scare that isn't real horror. And I always play alone with no lights on.

Darkness

Infected
My question is why didn't they make the whole game like the Leon campaign, finally a Resident Evil with a creepy feeling and I even jumped 3 or 4 times so far (still on the beggining of chapter 2). My theory is, Leon campaign = please old school fans, other campaigns = please new gamers who only enjoy shooting the hell out of everything and everyone.
Leon's campaign loses most of the horror factor after the first level.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
@Caldi, while the gamers who might've been ushered in by RE4 might have a differenet expecation of what RE is all about, based on that one experience, I know plenty of people, on and off the internet who were grabbed by RE4, and still were able to get into the other games in the series of RE, not just the RE4 OTS games.

It just goes to show how RE can really grasp your attention and pull you into the series. And I totally agree with Darkness, while Leon's early chapters are a really nice nod to the early games, like Leon in RE2, they seem to get a tad different after about chapter 3. I liked Leon and Helena in the plane and all, but obviously the stuff in China was more annoying.

Caldi23

Sure, I mean, who doesn't jump from a jump scare? But that's what it was, a simple jump scare that isn't real horror. And I always play alone with no lights on.

What games would you consider to be real horror? Silent Hill 2 had me on edge quite a few times.

Caldi23

@Caldi, while the gamers who might've been ushered in by RE4 might have a differenet expecation of what RE is all about, based on that one experience, I know plenty of people, on and off the internet who were grabbed by RE4, and still were able to get into the other games in the series of RE, not just the RE4 OTS games.

It just goes to show how RE can really grasp your attention and pull you into the series. And I totally agree with Darkness, while Leon's early chapters are a really nice nod to the early games, like Leon in RE2, they seem to get a tad different after about chapter 3. I liked Leon and Helena in the plane and all, but obviously the stuff in China was more annoying.

I guess it's not appropriate for me to comment on an experience different from my own. I can't justify prejudice like that, that was shortsighted of me.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I think anyone who started with.. say.. RE 4 wouldn't be able to appreciate the story.

Just because someone starts with RE4 doesn't mean that's all they know. RE4 was the first RE game I played and it really got me interested in the story of all RE games. And from that I've grown to know and love the older games.

Caldi23

Just because someone starts with RE4 doesn't mean that's all they know. RE4 was the first RE game I played and it really got me interested in the story of all RE games. And from that I've grown to know and love the older games.

I apologize and redirect you to my previous post.

I guess it's not appropriate for me to comment on an experience different from my own. I can't justify prejudice like that, that was shortsighted of me.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
The increased fluidity of the controls. I like how intuitively you can sprint and then go into a shoulder lunge as you approach an enemy. After playing RE6 a lot, I went back for a round of RE5 one time, and I could not get the hang of it for the life of me.

i like i have said in another part of this forum RE6 and RE5 are a complete opposite (and very much obvious at that) both titles have their "pros" and "cons". and to be honest i give RE6 a final 50/50 thing. i was very much impressed about RE6 (my first initial thoughts of playing it) but now it comes down to a 50/50 it has it's "pros" and "cons" :rolleyes:

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Yes age. Like how old were you when Resident Evil 2 came out? or which Resident Evil game did you start with? How long have you lived the resident evil experience? Are you someone who has been through the Resident Evil journey as it unfolded, or someone who had to back track and missed out on the real experience? Do your words matter or not?
Well, I'm 13, the first RE game I played was RECVX. I was 6 at the time, my dad later got RE4 for him self, I got more enjoyment out of that because it was a little bit easier than CVX. I havn't been ab;e to play the really originals until just now cause I just now have the console to do so.

Top Bottom