• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6 is already breaking shipment records for Capcom

zeroskaterz92

I wish more then anything I could get my money back for this pos game. And yes, I played the entire game. It's as bad as the movies and as someone said above me, they might as well add Alice as she's trying to get herself in the games anyway. You bitch that people complain it's not scary, yeah, it's not and it should be because that's what they're claiming it is and was the initial genre type. When I was little playing RE 1-3 was scary as hell to me and in my opinion, were the best. RE4 was fun and refreshing but it just went downhill for me after that. Perhaps I'm too old? Or perhaps some of you just don't fully appreciate what true horror was when it was first introduced into the gaming community. "Survival horror" should no longer be a label for Resident Evil in my opinion.
you said about some of us don't fully appreciate what true horror was? exactly how much do you really know about true horror? RE games never been fully show us what the survival horror means, it's just some random cheap jump scares that only spook you for the first time playing it.
so far as i know, i played all the RE games, not even one of them ever given a proper Survival Horror feel.
only Silent Hill and Amnesia really catch the suspense of the Survival Horror aspect.

horror never works for the second time and so on, it's only scares us when we seen it for the first time 'cause it's something new, fresh and never seen before like Jason, Freddy, Leather Face, George A. Romero's zombies, Stephen King's works.
'cause all of that were something new back then in the old days, now whenever we seen zombies films, it's crap and ain't scary no more, everything is cliche, same crap. same goes to Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street series, everything became cheap and lame idea, that Jason even went to space!

we can't demonstrate what true horror would be unless if you personally experienced it - seeing a ghost, demon or worst, probably went through hell.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Can't imagine that would happen. Taking it back anyway.

RE7 will prolly have another new virus, plant 42, throw in Son of Nemesis, wesker returns or is cloned, whatever they see fit to make up. Maybe a grave digger worm.

Might as well bring in Alice.

yesss,the ending (after one finishes the three main campains and plus the bonus campain). was rather open-ended, but Wesker returning? (well it has been confirmed that Wesker is dead by Capcom), so the cloning thing is the only way, he (Wesker) could make a come back, unless some-one has a viral-strain of his DNA or makes a clone, from scratch, and as far as Alice (Milla, from the live-action films), i don't see it to it being. (not very likely)

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
High five for top 2000! I'm 1340-something. Got a full 150 combo in a match and ended up with like 500,000 points.
Haha nice one i got 1150000 now on Mining depths for my top score :) I was top of Rail Yard leaderboard for a few days when it came out i had it two days early.! Now i m about 30 for urban chaos i think and in top 20 for the High Fortress.if the res.net leaderboard work i could check :(
vacant do you play on xbox you sound like you need some good back up!

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Haha nice one i got 1150000 now on Mining depths for my top score :) I was top of Rail Yard leaderboard for a few days when it came out i had it two days early.! Now i m about 30 for urban chaos i think and in top 20 for the High Fortress.if the res.net leaderboard work i could check :(
vacant do you play on xbox you sound like you need some good back up!

I do indeed play on the xbox and would kill for a decent partner! If your tag is Wake up Ne0 i'll add you dude :)

DarkJackal

yesss,the ending (after one finishes the three main campains and plus the bonus campain). was rather open-ended, but Wesker returning? (well it has been confirmed that Wesker is dead by Capcom), so the cloning thing is the only way, he (Wesker) could make a come back, unless some-one has a viral-strain of his DNA or makes a clone, from scratch, and as far as Alice (Milla, from the live-action films), i don't see it to it being. (not very likely)
Sorry, I was being sarcastic about all that. Just thought that would be a bit absurd lol.

ZombieKrauser

Quick question for a new forum user.

Are these forums full of biased, drooling leon, squealing fan-girls.

Or.

Are these forums populated by unbiased people who really are seeking improvements?

Thankyou.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Quick question for a new forum user.

Are these forums full of biased, drooling leon, squealing fan-girls.

Or.

Are these forums populated by unbiased people who really are seeking improvements?

Thankyou.
IS that a joke question or what? Why dont you read some threads and make your own mind?
I for one am seeking many improvements which i detailed since the demos and continued to add ideas on these threads as well as supporting the game and been a fan, so make your own mind up.

eric838

Maybe the original games were scary for you for the same they were me: We were young and they were new. I also found RE4 incredibly fun, i even enjoyed 5 on a gameplay basis, but i LOVE 6. I don't see where all this hate comes from.

There will be haters in every single game released.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Go to 1:38:58 and listen. (Don't listen to half and then go fanboy, listen to them)

The massive hate is because Resident Evil 6 doesn't know what it is trying to be and it also tries to please everyone, but ended up just ****ing everyone off. (Only the fanboys are pleased)

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Go to 1:38:58 and listen. (Don't listen to half and then go fanboy, listen to them)

The massive hate is because Resident Evil 6 doesn't know what it is trying to be and it also tries to please everyone, but ended up just ****ing everyone off. (Only the fanboys are pleased)

Personally don't care what anyone else thinks about the game, it's selling well and that's what it comes down to. You saying only fanboys are pleased, i could just as easily say that only crybabys are dissapointed. I also find it untrue that it doesn't know what it wants to be, they specifically put 4 campaigns in, Leons is horror, Chris is action, Jake is a mix and Ada is a mix too, it does all those very well. The horror is scary, the action is mindblowing, and there's enough content to keep everyone happy.

zeroskaterz92

some of those are just bunch of bull****, they are just as the same as Gamespot, just hating without even look at the good thing the game has. so yes it's has flaws. so? all games has flaws. just like most people hating on Binary Domain, cuz they don't even ****ing try to play the game for what it is and not trying to compare it to another game.
all of their saying are more to oneself opinions rather than facts, they think their opinions are absolute and pretty much saying **** you to the one who defending the game. some of it are rather pointless, looks like some of them aren't even do a research, they don't even ****ing know the differences between J'avo and zombies.

RE6 has mixed kind of genre into one game, looks like those people never really did play the old classic games, since those days, most games had mixed genres and it don't even know what it's trying to be but still those games were great.

when a game that only has horror or action or rpg or adventure, people complain. when the game has mixed / multiple genre, people complain. -sigh-

Tim Newman

I've read a lot of game reviews for the game after it came and out. One of my friends bought a copy of the game so we played it. I have to say you cannot believe anything the game reviews say about the game. Capcom really put in a lot of work combining four story lines into one game. Yes it was a gamble in a way but I think they pulled off conveying the different aspects of what made Resident Evil big which was the scare factor (Leon's story), the action (Chris story), being chased like by Nemesis in 3 (Jake's story), and the puzzle solving (Ada's story). The new enemies for this game to give the series a new look was a great idea. All the enemy concepts are well done, the stamina system was genius, and the improved game play factors of running and shooting, breaking stuff with your weapon, and more physical combat makes the game more enjoyable. So far I"m very impressed with the new game. Obviously people aren't listening to the reviews cause the game is selling well. The reason, people know Resident Evil games are always good. Its one of Capcom's best selling games. If anyone's interested they can read a blog I wrote about the game based on a review I read on ign.

http://timmenewman.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/httpwww-ign/

xMobilemux

Everyone can believe what they want, I've played the game all the way through and it is the worst game in the main series IMO, I think I owe RE5 an apology.

But mark my words, RE6 will turn out the exact same way as RE5:
Lots of people love and cherish it since it's just recently released, but further down the road, people will come to their senses and realize what a train wreak it really is.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
But mark my words, RE6 will turn out the exact same way as RE5:
Lots of people love and cherish it since it's just recently released, but further down the road, people will come to their senses and realize what a train wreak it really is.

That sounds actually kinda familiar. I've had that feeling a couple of times about different things, one of them being an anime. I was totally in love with it, and considered myself an extremely obsessed fangirl. But now that I look back at it's quality... meh.

Anyway, am I the only one around here that hasn't played RE6 yet >_<??
Damn November 12th... just damn you.

xMobilemux

That sounds actually kinda familiar. I've had that feeling a couple of times about different things, one of them being an anime. I was totally in love with it, and considered myself an extremely obsessed fangirl. But now that I look back at it's quality... meh.
Yes, when a big thing has recently released, all the fanboys and fangirls will eat it up and love it no matter what, but they wont realize what it truly is until the fanboy frenzy has worn off.

Anyway, am I the only one around here that hasn't played RE6 yet >_<??
Damn November 12th... just damn you.
I would recommend waiting for a price drop or getting it preowned, this game isnt worth full price. People will say it has 4 different long campaigns and is awesome, but all the campaigns are exactly the same with only minor differences.

Orion Callisto

I want my jacket back.
All I have to say for it's reception is that Ive heard this all before. About 0, 1, 2, 3, CV, 0, 4, 5 and now 6. Among many of the spin offs. Some people hate them, others love them. It's just how it is. There is no reason to debate personal opinion. Personally? It's my new favorite in the series, replacing my previous favorites, CV and 0. However, many think it's the worst. Does that invalidate my opinion? No.

Now, I will not defend Capcom's bull****, especially after that nasty Rockman Dash 3 business,(Oh, how I hate them. Way to screw over Inafune-san, guys.) But, can we not all agree that it's better to see a series move along, shifting and changing? Sure, it wont please everyone, but through successes and mistakes they will avoid the true franchise killer: Stagnancy. So, I for one welcome this mixed up, messy little iteration. It's no master piece, but it's far from horrible. It is certainly more memorable than other supposedly AAA franchises this generation. *cough* Skyrim *cough* lol In other words, whether you love it, hate it, or are neutral about it, just move on and log away your opinion for later analysis. Fighting over the quality of a video game doesn't help anyone. >_<

Top Bottom