• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 4 HD PS3 Controls

ReFracture

So I just got Resident Evil 4 HD for the PS3. I played it for about 10 minutes, then I got killed by Dr. Salvador.

I held the ready button and tried to press X to fire.

Am I the only one who has X as the action button and square as run/reload wired into my brain?

Those were the controls for the game on the PS2, why are they not the controls on the PS3?

I know square is action in resident evil 5, but that really doesn't matter. They didn't bring over dual analog from the Resident Evil 5, so what business do they have changing half the controls and not going all the way, and worst of all making no options?

I am irritated over this.

benfen

Leon fan
So I just got Resident Evil 4 HD for the PS3. I played it for about 10 minutes, then I got killed by Dr. Salvador.

Am I the only one who has X as the action button and square as run/reload wired into my brain?

Those were the controls for the game on the PS2, why are they not the controls on the PS3?

I know square is action in resident evil 5, but that really doesn't matter. They didn't bring over dual analog from the Resident Evil 5, so what business do they have changing half the controls and not going all the way, and worst of all making no options?

WHUT! SO ALL THAT PRACTICE I DID OVER THESE FEW WEEKS HAS ACTUALLY BEEN DETRIMENTAL! AHHH CRAP!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Oh thank god i hated the controls for resi 4 on ps2.

Me too.

I'm happy with this. I hated having to rewire my brain every time I went from playing RE4 to RE5 and vice versa. And they have plenty of business. It's their creation.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Me too.

I'm happy with this. I hated having to rewire my brain every time I went from playing RE4 to RE5 and vice versa. And they have plenty of business. It's their creation.
Glad someone agrees, I thought the GameCube version had the best controls.

benfen

Leon fan
Sure, it's good now that I don't have to change evertime from 5-4 (I do 4 a lot more though, and find it's controls much better).

Top Bottom