• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Resident Evil 4: Code Veronica

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I found this on the Resident Evil Wiki because I've always wondered myself why this wasn't a numbered entry:

"Capcom had originally planned 'Resident Evil Code: Veronica' to be their third installment in the series. However, due to a contract they signed with Sony which stated that their next numbered game was to be released on the PlayStation system, they made Resident Evil: Nemesis, their original spinoff, a main series installment (Resident Evil 3: Nemesis). Resident Evil: Code Veronica, which was meant to be their next main series installment, was instead made into their spinoff. Be that as it may, Resident Evil Code: Veronica is still considered part of the main series."

So technically this would've been Resident Evil 3 if anything.

Salt Dog

I consider it the true RE3 (as Capcom intended it to be). It makes more sense if you think about it anyway. Nemsis took place during RE2 for the most part so it would make sense if that one was the "spin off". Where as RECVX actually takes place a few months after RE2 if memory serves. It's a shame this game is so underrated by many.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I found this on the Resident Evil Wiki because I've always wondered myself why this wasn't a numbered entry:

"Capcom had originally planned 'Resident Evil Code: Veronica' to be their third installment in the series. However, due to a contract they signed with Sony which stated that their next numbered game was to be released on the PlayStation system, they made Resident Evil: Nemesis, their original spinoff, a main series installment (Resident Evil 3: Nemesis). Resident Evil: Code Veronica, which was meant to be their next main series installment, was instead made into their spinoff. Be that as it may, Resident Evil Code: Veronica is still considered part of the main series."

Yeah, should have been the other way around. RE3 seemed like an addon to RE2, most agree with that.

zaccam47751996

I don't like the idea of subtitles...but if i did, here's what it would be
Resident Evil 0 (No Subtitle)
Resident Evil (No Subtitle)
Resident Evil 2: Raccoon City
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis or Resident Evil 3: The Last Star(Star would be a reference to Jill being part of S.T.A.R.S.)
Resident Evil: Veronica Effect (I don't like how it's called CODE: Veronica...maybe cause it seems the CODE is unnesicary...
Resident Evil 4: Parasite Rising
Resident Evil 5: Jaded Memories (A talking about the memories of all the past RE's and how Chris and Wesker have their final showdown)

I like how these ones are named, they make more sense this way!

zaccam47751996

So code: veronica is basically res3

Sekakäyttäjä

Oh yeah! Capcom should hit the gaming market with ultimate RE package containing all the following games fully remade and Steve with a new voice actor.

Resident Evil 0 Biological Nightmare
Resident Evil 1 Mansion of Monsters
Resident Evil 2 Horrific Atmosphere
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Resident Evil 4 Code Veronica
Resident Evil 5 Deleterious Sample
Resident Evil 6 Hail Of Bullets
Resident Evil 7 Universal Plagues
Resident Evil 8 Redfield's Workout

Darkstar Darin

Wesker's secret project. D-Virus.
Hmmm...
  1. Resident Evil Zero/Original: The Nightmare Begins...
  2. Resident Evil 2 (plus Nemesis): City of Terror
  3. Resident Evil 3: Code Veronica
  4. Resident Evil 4: Las Plagas
  5. Resident Evil 5: Shadows of Umbrella
  6. Resident Evil 6: Forget I Exist
  7. Resident Evil 7: I should've been 6

Reactions: Jen

sergio reyes ledesma

Hmmm...
  1. Resident Evil Zero/Original: The Nightmare Begins...
  2. Resident Evil 2 (plus Nemesis): City of Terror
  3. Resident Evil 3: Code Veronica
  4. Resident Evil 4: Las Plagas
  5. Resident Evil 5: Shadows of Umbrella
  6. Resident Evil 6: Forget I Exist
  7. Resident Evil 7: I should've been 6
l like resident evil zero

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Honestly, I like the subtitles for the books too much to change any of them or make my own.

Zero Hour
The Umbrella Conspiracy
City of the Dead
Nemesis
CODE Veronica

And I just thought about it, and does anyone think that Resident Evil 2: Caliban Cove kind of inspired the Las Plagas parasite of Resident Evil 4? Considering the properties of the virus in that book, it'd seem like quite a coincidence.

Top Bottom