• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Resident Evil 4: Code Veronica

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Who else thinks that Resident Evil: Code Veronica should have been called Resident Evil 4: Code Veronica. I think it would have been nice to keep the numbers going. If that happened then RE4 would be RE5 and so on (hope Im not confusing anyone, lol). I also like the subtitles added to a title like Resident Evil: "Nemesis"... wish they did that with the others sorta. If I had to choose subtitles for the other games it would be..

Resident Evil (no subtitle since its the first game)
Resident Evil 2: City of the dead (stole that from the novel)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (already has a subtitle)
Resident Evil 4: Code Veronica (like I said above)
Resident Evil 5: A New Evil
Resident Evil 6: (not sure)

What subtitles would you give each game?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Resident Evil 0: Ghost Train / Arklay Mountains
Resident Evil: House of Death
Resident Evil 2: (The) City of Evil (stolen from A7X Album)
Resident Evil 3: Last Escape (official title) / Before Dawn
Resident Evil: Code Veronica / Games of Oblivion (like the TDC chapter)
Resident Evil 4: Awakening / The (Dark) Cult
Resident Evil 5: Deadly Sun / The Killing Sun (Sun has a huge simbology in the game).

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I like all that I read. I never really thought of it like that, but yeah, some of those are cool. And I do wish they had kept the games numerical too.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Yeah I've always thought about that. There's no reason Code: Veronica shouldn't have been RE4. It did star Chris and Claire Redfield and it took place almost immediately after RE3. It was set towards the end of '98 wasn't it? I was always surprised they didn't consider this when naming RE4. They could just as easily had called it RE5 even though CV didn't have a 4 in the title. Although I guess that would confuse some people when looking for RE4. But I also think that makes CV seem less significant. I think more people would have played it if it was called RE4: The Code is Veronica.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Yeah I've always thought about that. There's no reason Code: Veronica shouldn't have been RE4. It did star Chris and Claire Redfield and it took place almost immediately after RE3. It was set towards the end of '98 wasn't it? I was always surprised they didn't consider this when naming RE4. They could just as easily had called it RE5 even though CV didn't have a 4 in the title. Although I guess that would confuse some people when looking for RE4. But I also think that makes CV seem less significant. I think more people would have played it if it was called RE4: The Code is Veronica.
Yeah, not having a number did make it seem less significant. I think thats why some ppl over look it in the series, just because it's not numbered. The game felt like a side story when really it wasnt, it had Claire, Chris and Wesker.. big name ppl. It really should have got a number with them big names in there.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I definitely thing CVX should have been a numbered sequel. It did a better job of advancing the series than RE3 in my opinion. I don't think I would add another name to every game though, seems like over kill to me. Every game that has a subtitle has that title for a reason.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
By the same logic though, I kind of wish that RE0 was titled RE0.

Perhaps RE4: Zero, or something. I wouldn't want to have played RE0, before RE1. RE0 should probably be played after CVX.

Considering that it mentions those events in the intro, as well as the events of RE2/3 and Survivor.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
By the same logic though, I kind of wish that RE0 was titled RE0.

Perhaps RE4: Zero, or something. I wouldn't want to have played RE0, before RE1. RE0 should probably be played after CVX.

Considering that it mentions those events in the intro, as well as the events of RE2/3 and Survivor.
I think something simple like Resident Evil: The beginning or Resident Evil: Genesis would have been nice. I kinda understand what you mean by RE4:Zero.. I would have it RE4: Seeds of Evil or something like that. Even have it "RE4:Seeds of Evil" on the cover.. not spelling out Resident Evil. That would be kinda cool

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I think something simple like Resident Evil: The beginning or Resident Evil: Genesis would have been nice. I kinda understand what you mean by RE4:Zero.. I would have it RE4: Seeds of Evil or something like that. Even have it "RE4:Seeds of Evil" on the cover.. not spelling out Resident Evil. That would be kinda cool
The Beginning sounds real nice. I still like Zero Hour, the novel's title though.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't like the idea of subtitles...but if i did, here's what it would be
Resident Evil 0 (No Subtitle)
Resident Evil (No Subtitle)
Resident Evil 2: Raccoon City
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis or Resident Evil 3: The Last Star(Star would be a reference to Jill being part of S.T.A.R.S.)
Resident Evil: Veronica Effect (I don't like how it's called CODE: Veronica...maybe cause it seems the CODE is unnesicary...
Resident Evil 4: Parasite Rising
Resident Evil 5: Jaded Memories (A talking about the memories of all the past RE's and how Chris and Wesker have their final showdown)

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis or Resident Evil 3: The Last Star(Star would be a reference to Jill being part of S.T.A.R.S.)
Resident Evil: Veronica Effect (I don't like how it's called CODE: Veronica...maybe cause it seems the CODE is unnesicary...
Resident Evil 5: Jaded Memories (A talking about the memories of all the past RE's and how Chris and Wesker have their final showdown)
That sounds cool, I think actually I'd have Resident Evil Code Veronica called Resident Evil 4 Veronica. For Resident Evil 5 I'd have the subtitle Shadow of the past.

benfen

Leon fan
Resident Evil 0: The First Nightmare
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2: Another Fear
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 3.5: Code Veronica
Resident Evil 4: Horror Revamped
Resident Evil 5: Nowhere To Run

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Resident Evil 0: The First Nightmare
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2: Another Fear
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 3.5: Code Veronica
Resident Evil 4: Horror Revamped
Resident Evil 5: Nowhere To Run
Lol...No offense, but Horror Revamped makes me think of a vampire games...I love the idea of calling Veronica "RE 3.5"

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
Resident Evil 0: Train of horror
Resident Evil: Mansion of the dead
Resident Evil 2: The fallen city
Resident Evil 3: The evil beast
Resident Evil 3.5: Veronica's return (since alexia is a clone of Veronica
Resident Evil 4: Stuck in a nightmare
Resident Evil 5: B.S.A.A rising

I thought these would be cool

Loki

The Trickster
Premium

It's called Code Veronica because the code for the self destruct at the end of the game is Veronica

JMG29

To Let The World Be
Resident Evil 1: Wesker dies
Resident Evil 2: Wesker's still dead
Resident Evil 3: Dead, dead, dead,
Resident Evil 4: ...wait, Ada's working for Wesker? But I thought he... what happened?
Resident Evil 5: Wesker is the main villain again. Still no explanation for how he's alive. Chris said something about Rockfort Island. What the hell was that about?

That, plus it being a great game in general, is why it should have been a numbered game.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I also think it should be a numbered title, simply because I don’t see a reason why it shouldn’t. Apart from that it’s what makes Claire more than just another one-game-character, it also has Chris, Wesker and a new virus. If any of the numbered titles so far could be made a spin-off, it should be Nemesis. I like the game more than Code Veronica, but as someone else already mentioned, it doesn’t really advance the story. It’s only about Jill’s escape from Raccoon City, but none of its characters apart from Jill herself reappear in later games. Actually, the only story elements that make it important are the destruction of Raccoon City and Jill’s infection with Nemesis’s virus which leads to the circumstances of her collaboration with Wesker in RE5. Code Veronica, however, has (in my opinion) the greatest story of all RE games so far and explains how Wesker returned from the dead, which alone is more important than anything RE3 tells us.

Top Bottom