• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Thread

Red9

Can anyone explain the timeline of RE3 and how it interacts with RE2?

I believe the events of RE2 take place while Jill is unconscious in the church. I think she's out for a few days before Carlos goes to retrieve the vaccine for her. In that time I think the events of RE2 could of taken place, however I do wonder how the barricaded door becomes a door again, and also how that one black police officer that you meet in the beginning of RE2 is alive again (after find him dead in RE3)

So if you go by the black police officer's death then possible that RE2 did take place before RE3, however that still leaves the question of who barricaded the door. It would also explain how there's no hole from where Nemeis crashed through the window.

Then there's Brad Vickers...In RE2 If you go through the first part of the game (from the beginning cutscence to the police station) without shooting your gun once, you run into a zombie who looks rather worse for ware and is brandishing a yellow vest and camouflage pants... (wonder who that could be) Seeing Brad's undead self traipsing about in RE2 a big indicator that RE3 takes place before RE2, as brad shouldn't be dead unless nemesis killed him...but than....where's the broken window? and the door....uh...guh...

AHHH TIME PARADOX!...
???

See... I've never been able to get the time lines right. that or capcom ****ed up in the plot line department.

JP

Yeah I couldn't really figure out which one came first in the timeline sense. In my opinion it would probably be RE2, since the bomb that destroyed Racoon City happened in RE3. Or perhaps they were both happening at the same time, but RE3 just covers the end of the outbreak. Who knows? ???

theendoftheroad

RE2 takes place whilst Jill is unconsious in the Church. Marvin was unconsious in RE3 NOT Dead. My guess is that Chief Irons barricaded the door. And the Fixed window was because RE2 was made before RE3 so the guys at Capcom didnt know what they were going to do nextplus according to Chris' Diary in RE2 Jill should have been in Europe during the Raccoon City Outbreak.

Top Bottom