• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 HD Remaster (Official Topic)

Cure Zombrex

Since E3 is just a matter of weeks away, I thought I would begin more of an official discussion thread. Feel free to highlight all the things we know up to this point in a better opening post, and discuss any rumours too, but please remember to put the confirmed facts in bold to separate the differences.

Personally, I hope this isn't just going to be like "RE 4 in Raccoon City." RE 2 was the game that got me into the series c. 1999. So for a lot of people, this is Capcom's chance to redeem themselves.

Seeing is believing, so I don't have much to say until E3 comes around on 13 June.

Zacmac90

Just out of curiousity, the resident evil 1 remake was made in what 2002,2003? Thats like only 6 or 7 years after the Original game came out, so why would it take so long for this one to be made and released? If they can make a good looking remake all those years ago with what they had back than, imagine how good it would have to look with all the modern technology and resources and money they have in 2018

berto

I Saw the Devil
Just out of curiousity, the resident evil 1 remake was made in what 2002,2003? Thats like only 6 or 7 years after the Original game came out, so why would it take so long for this one to be made and released?
It's not as simple as that.

You see, in 2002 RE4 was going through several phases. The sales of the series were solid but players were starting to complain that the games all played the same, so after code Veronica they were scratching their heads as to how to fix that for the next game. Shinji Mikami, for shis part, started to do work on a dream project of his, a remake of RE1, one that ewas made the way he originally envisioned it, now that the hardware could actually match his vision, but the game sold like every copy came packaged with antrax, same for the other game that released that year, RE0. They were not popular games. That's what lead to the drastic revision that was RE4.

With the games being so unpopular it was a really strange miracle that they were remastered to the PS4 at all but as it turns out it was a good call. Maybe all it took was a little time for people to get hungry for that RE formula they were complaining about so much because this time the game sold like hotcakes. It was this unexpected success that lead to the production of REmake 2, not some logical production process, we already did 1 now clearly we should start work on 2, kinda thing.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I've been thinking, since we know there's gonna be a bunch of new content/enemies added to REmake 2, any chance we see Nemesis added to the REmake? I ask this because I heard somebody toss this idea around on other forums, and I'm down with it. Of course, it would have to be sometime before Jill's arch in RE3 and he can't be killed, but I think it would be an interesting way of expanding the RE2 lore, and why not? He appears in Raccoon City at around the same time Leon/Claire appear in RE2 (RE3 is taking place concurrently by the second act of RE2), it would be a good way of connecting the two games. It would make Claire finding the picture of Jill's supposed ex-boyfriend in her S.T.A.R.S. office that much more meaningful as well.

Cure Zombrex

I think they could do that, but Nemesis was only really focused on killing Brad and Jill. Of course, he would target anyone who got in the way, like Mikhail and Carlos, then later Nicholai. But I don't know if it would make sense for Leon or Claire to meet him, beyond a quick cameo.

MisterScott

I think they could do that, but Nemesis was only really focused on killing Brad and Jill. Of course, he would target anyone who got in the way, like Mikhail and Carlos, then later Nicholai. But I don't know if it would make sense for Leon or Claire to meet him, beyond a quick cameo.

Claire encounterd Mr X in the original Resident Evil 2, so there’s no need to involve Nemesis.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Considering RE3's story was designed to bookend RE2's, it wouldn't be completely unlikely for Leon or Claire to at least catch a glimpse of Nemesis. If I've got the timelines right (which I'm pretty sure I have, but by all means, correct me if I'm wrong), by the time Leon and Claire show up in Racoon City, Jill is already unconscious and infected in the clock towers chapel after the helicopter got shot down, meaning Nemesis has wandered off to recover after the battle in the clock towers courtyard.
So, theoretically, Leon or Claire could catch sight of Nemesis somewhere in the streets at any point up to their individual arrivals at the RPD building.it doesn't have to be a combat encounter, just a quick glimpse of the big guy wandering around injured.

MisterScott

I just saw the Trailer for the Resident Evil 2 Remake, unfortunately it looks like it will only have over the shoulder camera angles so there goes any hope of the classic camera angle returning.

As far as the designs go I am pretty impressed with how Leon is redesigned, I like how they kept the same look but trimmed his hair a bit and gave him real body armor over his uniform instead of it being integrated, making him look more like a real policeman, but Claire was a bit disappointing, the top half of her outfit looks NOTHING like her original motorcycle gear and I wish they made a her face a little rounder with thicker hair, you can definitely tell it’s Claire but she looks more like Revalations 2 Claire instead of Claire when she was younger, Sherry had the best redesign so far I always found her Japanese sailor schoolgirl uniform to be a bit awkward for a game set in America.

I Overall it looks like a pretty good game but Capcom could’ve done a lot better.

Cure Zombrex

Honestly, people; I don't even really care by this point. I just knew the day would come where we would all feel disappointed. This is going to be my only real opinions post about it, because I just somehow knew that this would occur. Personally, I was half expecting this from Capcom, yet again either way. And to all these sheep that support Capcom and their crappy decisions, and give my videos a thumbs down because I'm one of the few people online who can actually see through their false ways, well, that's your opinion. I'm not going to bash people for having an opinion that isn't like my own. I'm not going to block visitors to my channel, unless they start being derogatory for the hell of it. But with that said, I know that countless people on the Internet are often not a full shilling in general.

Anyway, I just knew Capcom were doing this half-baked crap again for the nostalgia blinded fans. I've been saying this constantly for years now, on more message boards than I care to remember by this point in time. Not just myself, but other people on forums and YouTube have been posting their thoughts as well, and we're not Capcom haters per se. We've been reiterating our honest thoughts about how Capcom operates as a company. They just do games like this because the original game (in this case, Resident Evil 2) is so beloved, and they think people will buy their trashy half-baked nonsense no matter what, because that name we all love to identify with is slapped onto it. And it's not just with their games either. Look at the music industry and Hollywood with their idiotic reboots, remakes and spin off titles, so they can make that quick dollar and anger a lot of the true fans who are so passionate. It's all about making money. They could really care much less if fans walked away and did rage quitting online, because people will still buy it and outweigh the minority, because these enablers are why Capcom are allowed to mess up the franchise. And other franchises too, that I'm not interested in, but I hear fans talking about regardless.

And my goodness - I don't like Claire's new stupid look.

MisterScott

Honestly, people; I don't even really care by this point. I just knew the day would come where we would all feel disappointed. This is going to be my only real opinions post about it, because I just somehow knew that this would occur. Personally, I was half expecting this from Capcom, yet again either way. And to all these sheep that support Capcom and their crappy decisions, and give my videos a thumbs down because I'm one of the few people online who can actually see through their false ways, well, that's your opinion. I'm not going to bash people for having an opinion that isn't like my own. I'm not going to block visitors to my channel, unless they start being derogatory for the hell of it. But with that said, I know that countless people on the Internet are often not a full shilling in general.

Anyway, I just knew Capcom were doing this half-baked crap again for the nostalgia blinded fans. I've been saying this constantly for years now, on more message boards than I care to remember by this point in time. Not just myself, but other people on forums and YouTube have been posting their thoughts as well, and we're not Capcom haters per se. We've been reiterating our honest thoughts about how Capcom operates as a company. They just do games like this because the original game (in this case, Resident Evil 2) is so beloved, and they think people will buy their trashy half-baked nonsense no matter what, because that name we all love to identify with is slapped onto it. And it's not just with their games either. Look at the music industry and Hollywood with their idiotic reboots, remakes and spin off titles, so they can make that quick dollar and anger a lot of the true fans who are so passionate. It's all about making money. They could really care much less if fans walked away and did rage quitting online, because people will still buy it and outweigh the minority, because these enablers are why Capcom are allowed to mess up the franchise. And other franchises too, that I'm not interested in, but I hear fans talking about regardless.

To me the Resident Evil 2 Remake looks like what a excellent Resident Evil 2 live action film adaptation should be like but not really that good of a game that’s supposed to be a remake.

If there is a way to change Claire back into her old look and customise the camera system then I might give it better reception when it comes out, and let’s be honest the Remake of Resident Evil 1 wasn’t perfect ether, they took away Barry’s beard and a lot of the memorable dialogue but it was still a decent game so it might be as good of a remake as that.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Honestly, people; I don't even really care by this point. I just knew the day would come where we would all feel disappointed. This is going to be my only real opinions post about it, because I just somehow knew that this would occur. Personally, I was half expecting this from Capcom, yet again either way. And to all these sheep that support Capcom and their crappy decisions, and give my videos a thumbs down because I'm one of the few people online who can actually see through their false ways, well, that's your opinion. I'm not going to bash people for having an opinion that isn't like my own. I'm not going to block visitors to my channel, unless they start being derogatory for the hell of it. But with that said, I know that countless people on the Internet are often not a full shilling in general
You say you're not going to bash people, yet you already did.

Last edited:

MisterScott

You say you're not going to bash people, yet you already did. I fully support what Capcom is doing, that doesn't mean I'm a sheep.

He didn’t bash anyone, he just provided his insight of the remake based on what the trailer showed us to give people a fair warning before they get dissapointed because this game has a lot of hype and fans have set high expectations.

Cure Zombrex

People can play what they want and buy whatever they want with their own money. End of story. But if they buy the games, then moan about Capcom screwing up the next lot of games that they may or may not have contributed cash to, whether it's sequels or remakes, just don't be surprised if people say nobody rabbiting on about the state of the series like that has a right to feel all that annoyed. At the end of the day, if someone supports Capcom by buying the game, then they will continue to do so because they must like some aspects of what Capcom is doing, but then sit there and complain about Capcom anyway. As a general horror game with zombies, it looks impressive. But keep in mind, that this game is supposed to be a full remake of one of the very best games of all time. And Venomous Oddball, was it you who posted on my channel? I'm not saying it was, but I do know that opinions aren't always respected as they should be, and this past hour, people have been saying crap on my channel. So I made a video about how I don't really care if they do that, because the people who do that, are kind of pitiful. Now I'm not implying that it was anyone from these forums, but I don't think an awful lot of other viewers would find my videos that fast when only one person has subscribed.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
He didn’t bash anyone, he just provided his insight of the remake based on what the trailer showed us to give people a fair warning before they get dissapointed because this game has a lot of hype and fans have set high expectations.
He called people who support Capcom sheep and basically said we're stupid.
People can play what they want and buy whatever they want with their own money. End of story. But if they buy the games, then moan about Capcom screwing up the next lot of games that they may or may not have contributed cash to, whether it's sequels or remakes, just don't be surprised if people say nobody rabbiting on about the state of the series like that has a right to feel all that annoyed. At the end of the day, if someone supports Capcom by buying the game, then they will continue to do so because they must like some aspects of what Capcom is doing, but then sit there and complain about Capcom anyway. As a general horror game with zombies, it looks impressive. But keep in mind, that this game is supposed to be a full remake of one of the very best games of all time. And Venomous Oddball, was it you who posted on my channel? I'm not saying it was, but I do know that opinions aren't always respected as they should be, and this past hour, people have been saying crap on my channel. So I made a video about how I don't really care if they do that, because the people who do that, are kind of pitiful. Now I'm not implying that it was anyone from these forums, but I don't think an awful lot of other viewers would find my videos that fast when only one person has subscribed.
No, it wasn't me.

Peep

Something Horrible

How the hell are you already saying this game was a poor-effort cash grab? It's not even out yet, and of course Capcom is doing this for money, they're a giant company, but that doesn't mean the development team is not passionate about the game, from what I can tell it looks great, and the graphics and small clips of gameplay we've seen so far are pretty fantastic. This game is pretty much guarenteed to have more added areas, like with REmake 1, if you pause around the trailers, there's many areas and buildings we haven't seen yet, obviously, they must've put some effort into this game. Plus they're adding the game modes from the original. Maybe if you pessimistic gamers would have a little confidence in developers, games like what REmake 2 is likely shaping up to be would be more frequent.

Cure Zombrex

Because it has little relevance that ties in with the original. It's a remake in name only. That's my one major beef with the game. I've defended it somewhat by saying it looks like a decent game in general. I don't particularly like the modernized feel to it, but as a survival horror game, it's great. Pretending the original did not happen may make people appreciate it more. That's all I really said.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Why does Claire look like a high school alpha bitch? And I hope not the entire game will be that dark, otherwise I like what I've seen in the trailer. Leon is hot!

Cure Zombrex

I still think they are doing this for the nostalgia blinded fanboys, but whatever, right? That's how you feel, because you don't get it, but at the end of the day, you're still a consumer or a customer of a company as I am. If Capcom made a Resident Evil soccer game with the Tyrant as one of the goalies, I'm sure you'd still eat it up. But hey. That's just my opinion, once again. No need to get worked up...

Top Bottom