• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Remake Very Possible

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I wouldn't trust this. They use Kdramastars as a source and they are extremely unreliable and known for making up everything they publish.

I would love to see the game remade, but until Capcom announces it, I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I wouldn't trust this. They use Kdramastars as a source and they are extremely unreliable and known for making up everything they publish.

I would love to see the game remade, but until Capcom announces it, I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

There are multiple sources, apparently. But I don't fully believe it either.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The only thing I can think of is that the GameCube remake had the benefit of been directed by Mikami who was the director of the original PS1 game. All they did for the HD remake was upgrade the graphics and add a new option as opposed to the tank controllers. Kamiya and Mikami, who made 2 are long gone. If they make a remake to 2 it won't be the same as the RE1 remake, it might not be in the same vain as the source material.

Last edited:

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
Of course an HD Remake would be welcome and although I wouldn't get my hopes up until Capcom comments on it, it's still fun to discuss.

I would personally like to see a new game mechanic, which will probably not happen, but one can dream. My idea is that since you have Leon and Claire on opposite sides of the truck, you could have a co-op mode where one player takes control of Leon and another controls Claire. Eventually they meet, but must split up just like in the game due to different skill sets of abilities or whatever.

KingGhidorah80

Man, I've been waiting for that RE2 remake since, like, 2002!

I think I'd be way more into revisiting that material than a "Resident Evil 7" at this point. Either way, I think it'd shift more units, as RE6 turned off a whole lot of casual fans.

Top Bottom