• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Regarding the influx of remakes...

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Some people seem to be angry with Capcom that they are making a bunch of remakes and seemingly milking the franchise for easy money, but I don't think it's fair to look at it like that. Now that RE2 is officially getting remade, there is the argument that Capcom is relying too heavily on the games they've already made and that RE2 is the last straw. However, the fans of RE have responded extremely well to the remaster of REmake (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-hd-breaks-sales-records/1100-6425190/), have been enthusiastic about the remaster of RE0, and have been begging for a remake of 2 for 13 years. Not to mention the fact that Capcom asked the fans if what a RE2 remake was what they really wanted and the response was overwhelmingly positive (http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/07/capcom-resident-evil-2-remake-poll/). So if you want to blame anyone for Capcom's latest trend, blame the fans. Capcom's only giving us what they think we want, and they have every reason to believe this is it. Not to mention, the fact that they are willing to hold off on RE7 in favor of other, smaller titles seemingly demonstrates that they are willing to incorporate fan feedback of their other titles into the finished product of 7. So frankly, I think Capcom is doing better regarding concern for the fans than ever before.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
It annoys me that people have been begging for a remake and now that it's announced, they're all complaining. People do that with every RE and it's so annoying.
But anyway, I'm fine with them holding off RE7 for remasters and remakes. We just had a new game, so I don't know why people are yelling at Capcom to finally make a new one.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
It annoys me that people have been begging for a remake and now that it's announced, they're all complaining. People do that with every RE and it's so annoying.
But anyway, I'm fine with them holding off RE7 for remasters and remakes. We just had a new game, so I don't know why people are yelling at Capcom to finally make a new one.

Well, you can't please everybody.

In Capcoms case I think it's fine. The reason why is because they have struggled alot with money recently. So making remasters is a great way for them to make some of that money back. They focus on Monster Hunter series which isn't a game that cost alot to develop. They focus on remasters which is cheap and make them alot of money. I think all this is good. When they have made enough they can start developing RE7 and make it a truly amazing game.

BadWolf

All About Video Game Challenges
If remakes are good why complain? They have been asking for this forever.

Top Bottom