• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 RE5 FREE on PSN for Playstation Plus

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Hey guys, I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew. RE5 Gold Edition is now FREE for all Playstation Plus members on PSN. I'm not sure when the expiry is, but it's a damn good deal. I have RE5 on disc, but I still "purchased" it today. You don't have to download it right away, it will save your purchase history. That way if anything happens to my copy at least I have a free copy waiting for me online for as long as I stay a member =p. If you don't have it, or you don't have the gold edition and you're a PS+ member, def go for it. There hasn't been much new lately but this is a steal =p.

Martin GM

Is gold edtion the edition with the Nightmare DLCs included etc?? Cause if so OMG I want it!!!! I had RE5 back then on 360 but its story of the past and I now have a PS3 but not a PSN plus member..but this would make me subscribe to PSN + .. so whats the gold edition exactly??

MissDomino

Premium
Is gold edtion the edition with the Nightmare DLCs included etc?? Cause if so OMG I want it!!!! I had RE5 back then on 360 but its story of the past and I now have a PS3 but not a PSN plus member..but this would make me subscribe to PSN + .. so whats the gold edition exactly??
Gold edition includes all dlc.
I wouldn't recommend playstation plus if you want the game for good. You can only play it while you have an active subscription.

RE5 Gold Edition for the ps3 on disc costs about the same as one month of playstation plus. It was even $17 at some point for a new one.

Martin GM

aahhh thanks for the hint hehe..well Il lfinish outbreak and file 2 then yeah Ill look around for a gold edition of RE5. I want to play the nightmare DLC and Id play through RE5 again with my friend that went through RE6 with me

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
yeah, I'm already a Playstation Plus member because I like downloading free games all the time, and like to keep them, and it only costs me like 6 bucks a month which isn't a huge deal considering all the free stuff I've gotten. So this is just a freebie for me. But if you're not a member, and you aren't gonna stay a member, it's probably not worth it, since it'll cost you about the same to buy the game, and if your membership runs out you'll have to renew it again to play the game.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Gold edition includes all dlc.
I wouldn't recommend playstation plus if you want the game for good. You can only play it while you have an active subscription.

RE5 Gold Edition for the ps3 on disc costs about the same as one month of playstation plus. It was even $17 at some point for a new one.

However, it doesn't cost the same as ONE month. the 17 dollar member fee you pay for PS+ is for 3 months.

MissDomino

Premium
oh yeah, I forgot. I only had PS plus once, when they had RE4 and CVX for half price.

What I meant to say was if someone only wanted RE5, it's cheaper on disc in the long run.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
yeah, I'm already a Playstation Plus member because I like downloading free games all the time, and like to keep them, and it only costs me like 6 bucks a month which isn't a huge deal considering all the free stuff I've gotten. So this is just a freebie for me. But if you're not a member, and you aren't gonna stay a member, it's probably not worth it, since it'll cost you about the same to buy the game, and if your membership runs out you'll have to renew it again to play the game.
6 Dollars? I thought it was like 27?

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
no, mine renews every 3 months for 17 bucks. I think you can buy out the full year as well and it'll work out to around 4 or 5 bucks a month. You just have to pay all at once, but worked out per month it's not all that expensive. It's not always worth it just for one game though. I use it all the time, so I find it works out really well. I get a ton of free things I enjoy that I wouldn't have bothered with normally. Just depends on the person.

Top Bottom