• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) RE2 remake on Xbox

TonyKushfido

Just got Xbox Game Pass and saw RE2. Since it is a remake, do you guys have any tips or tricks? Or is there anything to look out for that you notice is different than the original?! Thanks ahead of time. Didn’t want to have to play the whole game to find out

Ikawaru

The gameplay has been completely overhauled from the original and is now over the shoulder with free aim. The best advice I can give for a newbie at the start of the game when using the handgun is to wait until the aiming reticle locks into place and go for headshots, waiting for the reticle locks before each shot, then when they drop use the knife to make sure they stay dead. Do not assume zombies are dead when you run into ones who are still and to slash at them with a knife to make sure so they don't come after you later when it's less convenient. Also, make the best use of wooden boards when you get them and be sure to backtrack and place them on the windows, or you'll regret it later.

Experts will eventually learn how get past zombies by shooting them in the leg until they are stunned and then running past them but that's probably on a later playthrough on hardcore when you're trying to get a better rank. Also, best to save grenades and heavier weapons for bosses, but that's probably pretty obvious. Lickers can usually be avoided by walking past them and not running or touching them. When you run into Mr. X, if he's on top of you try to head for a save room until he goes away and also gunfire attracts his attention.

I think this is a good starting point and you should learn things on your own as you progress in the game. Good luck and enjoy one of the greatest remakes in gaming history.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Something that was helpful for me when I first played was learning that if you shoot a zombie's leg off they can no longer leave that room. They can still grab you, but locking them in certain rooms, especially the stubborn ones that are real bullet sponges, really helped me navigate and conserve ammo.

Also: the knife is a lot more powerful than you would think. Learning how to knife Birkin's first form was another huge ammo save and, contrary to the belief of some, it's a completely viable strat for standard consoles.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy the game!

TonyKushfido

The gameplay has been completely overhauled from the original and is now over the shoulder with free aim. The best advice I can give for a newbie at the start of the game when using the handgun is to wait until the aiming reticle locks into place and go for headshots, waiting for the reticle locks before each shot, then when they drop use the knife to make sure they stay dead. Do not assume zombies are dead when you run into ones who are still and to slash at them with a knife to make sure so they don't come after you later when it's less convenient. Also, make the best use of wooden boards when you get them and be sure to backtrack and place them on the windows, or you'll regret it later.

Experts will eventually learn how get past zombies by shooting them in the leg until they are stunned and then running past them but that's probably on a later playthrough on hardcore when you're trying to get a better rank. Also, best to save grenades and heavier weapons for bosses, but that's probably pretty obvious. Lickers can usually be avoided by walking past them and not running or touching them. When you run into Mr. X, if he's on top of you try to head for a save room until he goes away and also gunfire attracts his attention.

I think this is a good starting point and you should learn things on your own as you progress in the game. Good luck and enjoy one of the greatest remakes in gaming history.
Thank you soooooo much. I didnt even think about slashing them while on the ground lol. I will be very active on here going forward. I love the overhaul. See you in the field.

TonyKushfido

Something that was helpful for me when I first played was learning that if you shoot a zombie's leg off they can no longer leave that room. They can still grab you, but locking them in certain rooms, especially the stubborn ones that are real bullet sponges, really helped me navigate and conserve ammo.

Also: the knife is a lot more powerful than you would think. Learning how to knife Birkin's first form was another huge ammo save and, contrary to the belief of some, it's a completely viable strat for standard consoles.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy the game!
Thank you so much! I knew the game had some linda cheat codes because of all the puzzles (which i love) but I’m having to run through in on regular instead of hardcore. I havent played since Y2K. I honestly didn’t even expect such quick responses! Hope you have an amazing rest of your day and week. o7

Top Bottom