• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) RE2 for psp

Dazed

Capcom has confirmed releasing its PS classics to the PSstore, altough I don't know when they will be releasing the classics. If you have custom firmware on your PSP and a PS copy of RE2, it's also possible to put that on your PSP. I'm already playing RE Director's Cut on my PSP :lol:

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Awesome! I'd like to see RE4 on psp!! that would be so heavenly, I'd save up an buy a PSP again just so I could get RE4 on small screen hahah

Godammlover

No, RE5 you read it wrong mate. The guy said all the Resident Evil classics. RE4, isn't a classic.. I think he means all the old ones like, Re1; Re1 Directors Cut; Re2; Re3; Stuff like that you know.

If they do come out for the PsP then I guess I'm gonna wipe the dust off my PsP and buy the games, my dad won't let me sell it because it cost him 100£ / 200£ and now I had it for awhile it went down price because of second hand and the fact they went down in general he moaned because he wouldn't get the price he wanted.

I was like, dad thats fxcking the price marketing.. Things do go down in price.

Dazed

Indeed, by PS classics I mean the Playstation 1 classics: RE1,DR,RE2,RE3. I don't think RE4 would be possible on the PSP. Maybe a bit stripped down form in terms of visuals and a different control scheme but not the same experience.

mastermind

i mean like capcom the company made a console jump from ps and gamcube to psp were they released it like they did for the 1st one
i heard about the firmware stuff i just can't find it anywhere and if i did find it i probably wouldn't figure out how to use the da*n thing

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
if you have firmware 2.71 (as far as i know ,maybe abit higher now, due to people finding new methods all the time) or below you can download games straight to mem card, that also includes psx games..so you wouldnt need it from the ps store or whatever its called.
im actually looking at psp's im ebay now, really want one, so if they did release them on psp it would be perfect timing.

mastermind

how would you download it to the memory card directly??

back on topic i think that they are only going to release the second one for the psp

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
you need to have firmware 1.5 to be able to do it, anything above 2.71 cant downgrade, well accoding to things i was looking at last time i was researching it,
then you download the psp or psx games off the net and transfer them to a folder in your memory card, i cant remember if its there or you have to make one..
any way its that easy..look it up yourself.

Jill

yeah i play RE1 RE2 RE3 all on my psp cuz of custom firmware but i want sony to put them up on the store so i can play them on my ps3 as well

Top Bottom