• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City RE: ORC 3MB update out now (X360)

CrashOkami

The Survivor
A title update is available for download when you launch Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, on the X360 (need confirmation for PS3).

As of now, I'm not aware of what the list of fixes is, but I've contacted Slant Six about it, and hopefully I'll get a reply.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Still working on it. I have some facts, though:

1) Melee is still infinite, and exploitable, online and offline.
2) Some latency issues have been ironed out.
3) The Assault Shotgun (i.e., Saiga automatic shotgun) seems to do less damage online. This needs confirmation, since I've not tested it enough.

My main gripes are 1 and 3. If 3 has indeed been taken care of, #1 is left on the list. Need to play more to investigate more possible fixes.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
So... have they now really broken the game? :p

Tbh I haven't came across any major bugs or glitches on the ps3 version but then again I prob haven't played it as much as you guys lol.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Nothing game-breaking on my side either, apart from a couple of times, something which has happened on 9/10 games before - big deal. But I think the day-one patch did a whole lot of work. I've not seen any legitimate proof on the "AI doing nothing" apart from people reproducing what they read on IGN or other sites, and never justifying it, for example.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
UPDATE:

I've downloaded a 3MB patch more than 3 times, but not each time I boot up RE: ORC. So, I mailed Capcom Europe to inquire about the patch, and see if I can snatch some patch details while at it.

Unfortunately, they claimed they only know of one patch, and I asked if it's possible for the servers/game to be stuck and prompt us to download the same patch every time. No answer on that. I also asked for the patch notes, or at least some details, but they claimed they have none.

Extreme lack of organization, obviously. I asked them if they could pass them on so I could share with the RE community, but they said they couldn't do anything about it. Sadly, the mail I wrote to Slant Six last month has probably landed into a digital trash can already. Shameful and disappointing...

Top Bottom