• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 RE 4 HD Survival Horror Mode! Ashley Scenario

hangar40

Hi! I was just playing my Biohazard Revival Selection in my ps3 (yes, biohazard not resident evil, just cause the pshysical format) and I was playing RE 4 HD. I was in chapter 3.3 I think it is, just after Saddler kills Luis and you have to save Ashley. After I saved her you know she grabs the key and opens the door and in that moment Ashley becomes a playable character. We all know that because all of us played this game on the ps2 or GC. But what a surprise I got when I realized that I was playing with Ashley in survival horror mode!! yes! Survival horror mode! Just like the old games. I was looking for a video on youtube that shows this but I couldn't find anything. Did you know about this new feature on RE4 HD? 'Cause I didn't. Was it announced? maybe but again I didn't know anything.
I'll try to get some images or video to show you if you want.

Aleck

Biohazard
Survival Horror as in, no weapons and just basic, run and dodge tactics? Hmm...I guess if you put it that way, that is reminiscent of old classic Resident Evil games. I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it, but thanks for pointing it out.:)

Popo

Survival Horror as in, no weapons and just basic, run and dodge tactics? Hmm...I guess if you put it that way, that is reminiscent of old classic Resident Evil games. I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it, but thanks for pointing it out.:)

I think he means like, with the classic camera angles.

hangar40

I think he means like, with the classic camera angles.

I missed that detail, indeed I meant the camera angles. I still cannot find any videos to show you ¿Am I the only one who has realized about his? I don't think so... I'll capture a video to show you

bruno

Chief Researcher
I like playing the Ashley part. Having no weapons and solving puzzles, with the armors after you etc. I think it's the only survival horror part in the whole game.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I like playing the Ashley part. Having no weapons and solving puzzles, with the armors after you etc. I think it's the only survival horror part in the whole game.
I too liked the Ashley part, but that part in the game was also the only part where I would be stuck without a guide. That puzzle is so freakin' difficult. I don't know if I could have done it without help.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I too liked the Ashley part, but that part in the game was also the only part where I would be stuck without a guide. That puzzle is so freakin' difficult. I don't know if I could have done it without help.
Actually every single puzzle in the game has more than one solution and 1 of them is always super easy. For example in the slide puzzle u had to just move one block from the outer part in the middle and the rest move 1 space around the outer circle and it was done lol. But yh the problem is if u try to come up with a solution thinking that itll be difficult usually u dont even notice the obvious.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Actually every single puzzle in the game has more than one solution and 1 of them is always super easy. For example in the slide puzzle u had to just move one block from the outer part in the middle and the rest move 1 space around the outer circle and it was done lol. But yh the problem is if u try to come up with a solution thinking that itll be difficult usually u dont even notice the obvious.
Really?! I'll try to remember this next time I play. Of course I assumed the image had to be solved properly. I know I tried to put down the final piece before it was solved, but that was just to see what sort of message I got. The door didn't open.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't usaually like those puzzles, but I just move the pieces around for a while, and then I always end up finishing the puzzle faster than I was expecting. Romero, have you ever finished your perfect RE4 playthrough? :p I though you'd never finish that game...

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Really?! I'll try to remember this next time I play. Of course I assumed the image had to be solved properly. I know I tried to put down the final piece before it was solved, but that was just to see what sort of message I got. The door didn't open.
The middle piece will be in the outer part u just need to identify that and slide it in the middle then when u move the others 1 spot clockwise till the lower right corner is free itll be done. Just making it clear. Thats how it was as far as i remember, maybe counter clockwise but it will be obvious when u see it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Romero, have you ever finished your perfect RE4 playthrough? :p I though you'd never finish that game...
Yes I finished last year. It did take a lot of time and I had many long breaks from the game which also delayed the finishing. I got an impressive score but I don't remember all the numbers now. I do have the save and I'll not over-write it.

The middle piece will be in the outer part u just need to identify that and slide it in the middle then when u move the others 1 spot clockwise till the lower right corner is free itll be done. Just making it clear. Thats how it was as far as i remember, maybe counter clockwise but it will be obvious when u see it.
It is possible that this works differently on various versions. What version of RE4 do you have? I have PS2.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
It is possible that this works differently on various versions. What version of RE4 do you have? I have PS2.
Played both PS2 and PC, was the same. But maybe, either should be like this if u got the PS2 one.

Top Bottom