• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

rate each movie out of ten

Fallen One

Λεωνίδας
Resident Evil: 8.5 Strong casting, Solid storyline, Zombies looked real good enjoyed the hell of it.
Resident Evil Apocalypse: 7 Had some great scenes but Alice turning into Neo/Anakin skywalker and running down a building made me spit up very good vodka. Nemesis looked great except that whole emotional whatever at least jill was hot.
Resident Evil Extinction: 5 Dont know where to start just say that maybe it was just me but the special effects looked rough and the sound effects especially to the guns seemed off. Had some good scenes but it lost me.

Resident Evil Afterlife: 4 Holy jumpin Jesus this one makes my eyes bleed. Storyline a complete mess so many WTF moments i cant even begin and of course Alice at this point can bitch slap Superman, Wesker well i wont say much its already been said. Casting is horrible, acting just bad.

Like most I will be watching more i love RE.

sbr999

'Resident Evil': Hive.........4/10
Decent clausrophobic atmosphere but it's just not Resident Evil for me :/
'Resident Evil':Apocalypse............4/10
Probably the most accurate one from the whole series, though the MMA fight scene at the end was *khm* interesting
'Resident Evil':Extinction.............0/10
global warming, talking 'tyrant', plot-holes, psychic powers
'Resident Evil':Afterlife................1/10
slow-motion every 5mins, plot-holes and badly choreographed action scenes (noticable wire-usage etc), Wesker and Chris have no BG story
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resident Evil: Degeneration.........9/10 Good story and animation, missed the B.O.W-s from the lab scenes though
Resident Evil: 4D Executer..........8/10 Nice and neat

jabrice

there is no possible way i can give afterlife anything higher than a 6 the movie was all around horrible

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
Resident Evil (1) : 7 Idk why, but I just didnt like it, I mean there were some parts yes, but others...naw
Apocalypse: 8 (Okay, so this one was my fav of them all, because it was most like the games, AND had zombie kids in it)
Extinction: 0 I was lost from the time I put the dvd in the player, to the end when the credits came up...
Afterlife: 6 alright 3D effects, but had alot of improving...and again we went from the "desert" to an actual city? hmm am I the only one lost on this??
Degeneration: 7 only because you cant have a re movie (live or animated) with only 5 minutes of zombies, and the rest talking...imo
Executer: WAIT!! I havent seen this one yet!! when did it come out?? Are there any trailors? Man I feel like I've been living under a rock....helllp

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Resident Evil-3
Resident Evil: Apacolypse-8
Resident Evil: Extinction-3
Resident Evil: Afterlife-8
Resident Evil: Degeneration-10

bruno

Chief Researcher
Executer: WAIT!! I havent seen this one yet!! when did it come out?? Are there any trailors? Man I feel like I've been living under a rock....helllp
4D Executer is an old CG movie. It's not too big, you can easily find it on youtube. Basically, it's a UBCS team visiting an underground lab and finding a new virus. It's non-canon by the way, but REALLY worth watching.

RedAndWhite

Resident Evil (1) : 7 Idk why, but I just didnt like it, I mean there were some parts yes, but others...naw
Apocalypse: 8 (Okay, so this one was my fav of them all, because it was most like the games, AND had zombie kids in it)
Extinction: 0 I was lost from the time I put the dvd in the player, to the end when the credits came up...
Afterlife: 6 alright 3D effects, but had alot of improving...and again we went from the "desert" to an actual city? hmm am I the only one lost on this??
Degeneration: 7 only because you cant have a re movie (live or animated) with only 5 minutes of zombies, and the rest talking...imo
Only Nevada, Salt lake became deserts. At the back of my DVD cover it even says the "Nevada desert". It's a common misconception, such as why did they show an outbreak in Tokyo. Simple as well, it was either the first Japanese to get infected but what I think is that the Apocalypse outbreak WAS contained, and it was released again somewhere between Appcalypse and Extinction. That would explain why it says FOUR YEARS LATER instead of EIGHT YEARS LATER.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post :S

bruno

Chief Researcher
Only Nevada, Salt lake became deserts. At the back of my DVD cover it even says the "Nevada desert". It's a common misconception, such as why did they show an outbreak in Tokyo. Simple as well, it was either the first Japanese to get infected but what I think is that the Apocalypse outbreak WAS contained, and it was released again somewhere between Appcalypse and Extinction. That would explain why it says FOUR YEARS LATER instead of EIGHT YEARS LATER.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post :S

I actually think they mean the outbreak wasn't contained in the second movie. If around 20 people escaped from Raccoon infected, each travelling to a different place would explain outbreaks throughout the world. However, I think four years isn't enough time for the infection to spread so much, and I think it would be possible to contain it quicker in real life.

As for the double posting, you could have used the "Edit" button so you can add new information to a previous post.
The multiquote option is also useful to avoid multiple-posting.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Resident Evil - 8
Apocolypse - 5
Extinction - 8.5
Afterlife - 4

I think I like extinction the best because it is a different change of scenery for a horror movie. It also introduces my favourite character and I think Ali Larter does a good job. The crows sequence and the zombies coming out of that crate are in my opinion, two of the best sequences in the franchise.

APV

Wait, Who stole me Haggis?
Resident Evil = I would only say 6 out of 10 since i really didnt like the act that it didnt follow the original game scenarios such as the big snake, and where did a deadly laser field come into it in the game? Call me strange but i felt that the film should have followed the game a wee bit more. Though on a happier note i did like the zombies and the thought the acting was top notch!

Apocolypse = 8 out of 10, now i thought this film would follow the storyline of RE:2 but i was wrong. I did however like the fact that there was loads of zombies, lickers,mutant dogs etc I did feel that it kind of started a new storyline (Movies Wise). I did include the nemisis and best of all S.T.A.R.S (Granted they got destroyed) but hey a good film all in all!

Extinction = Now i will probably be linched for saying this but 2 out of 10. I say this because i just hated the fact that Alice now had 'superpowers' plus the fact that there was a convoy with idiotic people in it! Plus how the hell did the cowboy gain access to a British Military Rifle (SA-80 A2) which i believe is not sold in the US.

Afterlife = Never watched it i think

Degeneration = Hmm i would have to say 8 out of 10, This is only because it incorporated Leon (Like he was in RE:4) and Claire since it improved my current understanding of the gaming storyline! So all in all a great film!

letmelive311

Resident evil - 7/10. wanted to see more RE Characters then Carlos Olivera. It was somewhat of a let down to see so many things differet from the game. But the lickers where AMAZING!
Resident evil : apocolypse - 9/10. Thought this was definitly better with seeing Jill Valentine in the movie, and the actress chosen was amazing! SO glad the movie industry didnt **** up her outfit. BIG fan of Nemesis Thoughts the openening scene seeing Milla in a tank was pretty cool.
Resident evil : extinction -8/10. Yes Clair Redfield is finally in the Movie! But the movie was kind of weird to be all in the desert...But Alices powers where way cool. And the ending seeing all the other alices was awesome!!
Resident evil : afterlife - 10/10 WESKER! Claire Redfield, and my favorite RE character Chris Redfield! So happy with this movie. It was thrilling and had so much of the video games in it.

I cant wait to see the newst film. I really hope they make a 6th movie. It could be epic with everyone at one last stand!​

JMG29

To Let The World Be
Resident Evil - 6.5
It was okay. Not bad, but not an unforgettable masterpiece.
Resident Evil: Apocalypse - 8.5
More fan-service is good. This actually feels like this is how Resident Evil should be on the big screen.

After that it quickly goes down hill.

Resident Evil: Extinction - 4.5
Went too far away from the video games. It's a Mad Max rip-off.

I haven't finished Afterlife yet but so far it sucks.

Edit: I really liked Degeneration.

svp

what Resident evil movies? .......those stripper flicks should not be considered canon *face Palm & shrug* :confused:

Aleck

Biohazard
Resident Evil 1 - 8/10 - It was a nice movie and the acting was pretty damn good in my opinion. It was Alice in Zombie(Wonder)Land and I enjoyed it a lot. Would have loved to see some hunters, but it was good nonetheless.

Resident Evil Apocalypse - 5/10 - Introduced Jill and Carlos which was great. I enjoyed Sienna as Jill very much, but the dialogue was very weak. The acting itself, I think is good for all the movies, the script is what doesn't work many times. So I won't fault the actors. The ending was great, but I would have changed alot of things.

Resident Evil Extinction - 7/10 - Much better than Apocalypse in terms of character development and overall story. What upset me...was ignoring Jill and Angela's whereabouts and that the movie was a little too short. The crow scene was fantastic IMO.

Resident Evil Afterlife - 7/10 - As far as visuals go, I'd give the nod to this movie. It looks cinematic and has a slightly epic feel to it. I appreciate the attack of the clones in the beginning, following up on the ending from the last movie. They did however, ignore what the White Queen had told Alice about her blood being the cure to the virus. They never touched on it again. That ****ed me right off! The storyline could have added more dimension to the film, which dragged a little during the prison scenes. I would have had Alice separate from Claire and Chris towards the second half. Alice could have searched another area where she might have found more information; perhaps a scientist who could help her synthesize a cure for the T-Virus.

Then I would have had more dialogue between Chris and Claire where she finally remembers everything in the ship and is determined to find K-Mart. The ending sequence would have seen the Redfields takeout Wesker/including his escape and fake death. At some point from shore, Alice sees the explosion and notices the parachute; paying little mind to it after Claire radios Alice. Everything will be fine, Alice makes the Arcadia announcement, "There is hope." As she readies herself to get to Arcadia. she sees the fleet of Umbrella Aircraft approaching the ship.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This would lead into the next movie where in Retribution, Claire and Chris are captured by Umbrella before Alice returns to the ship. After they are captured, Alice arrives and goes head to head with Umbrella and Jill Valentine. After she's almost killed, Alice jumps into the ocean as the Arcadia sinks and then she is captured.

I would have only tweaked things here and there, but regardless I still enjoy the movies very much. ;)

RedAndWhite

That is so freaking good
Resident Evil 1 - 8/10 - It was a nice movie and the acting was pretty damn good in my opinion. It was Alice in Zombie(Wonder)Land and I enjoyed it a lot. Would have loved to see some hunters, but it was good nonetheless.

Resident Evil Apocalypse - 5/10 - Introduced Jill and Carlos which was great. I enjoyed Sienna as Jill very much, but the dialogue was very weak. The acting itself, I think is good for all the movies, the script is what doesn't work many times. So I won't fault the actors. The ending was great, but I would have changed alot of things.

Resident Evil Extinction - 7/10 - Much better than Apocalypse in terms of character development and overall story. What upset me...was ignoring Jill and Angela's whereabouts and that the movie was a little too short. The crow scene was fantastic IMO.

Resident Evil Afterlife - 7/10 - As far as visuals go, I'd give the nod to this movie. It looks cinematic and has a slightly epic feel to it. I appreciate the attack of the clones in the beginning, following up on the ending from the last movie. They did however, ignore what the White Queen had told Alice about her blood being the cure to the virus. They never touched on it again. That ****ed me right off! The storyline could have added more dimension to the film, which dragged a little during the prison scenes. I would have had Alice separate from Claire and Chris towards the second half. Alice could have searched another area where she might have found more information; perhaps a scientist who could help her synthesize a cure for the T-Virus.

Then I would have had more dialogue between Chris and Claire where she finally remembers everything in the ship and is determined to find K-Mart. The ending sequence would have seen the Redfields takeout Wesker/including his escape and fake death. At some point from shore, Alice sees the explosion and notices the parachute; paying little mind to it after Claire radios Alice. Everything will be fine, Alice makes the Arcadia announcement, "There is hope." As she readies herself to get to Arcadia. she sees the fleet of Umbrella Aircraft approaching the ship.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This would lead into the next movie where in Retribution, Claire and Chris are captured by Umbrella before Alice returns to the ship. After they are captured, Alice arrives and goes head to head with Umbrella and Jill Valentine. After she's almost killed, Alice jumps into the ocean as the Arcadia sinks and then she is captured.

I would have only tweaked things here and there, but regardless I still enjoy the movies very much. ;)

sbr999

what Resident evil movies? .......those stripper flicks should not be considered canon *face Palm & shrug* :confused:
+1
They're separate canons. Everyone knows that.

People see the 'Resident Evil' name on something, then they buy/watch it, regardless how bad it is. That's true for the majority of the fans.

Many fans say how they hate these movies, but buy them anyways, even if they are never going to watch them, just to have something RE in their collection.

Paul WS Anderson and his gang (and Capcom also) know that. They might well as make a film about -I don't know- picking flowers or milking cows on your farm.
As long as it's called Resident Evil: The Harvest or something, fans will happily watch it.

No offense intended. But that's the way I see it.

Reactions: svp
Top Bottom