• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

quotes

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
"Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained with stupidity."
-Hanlon's Razor

"I'm not here for your amusement. You're here for mine."
-Johnny Rotten

Silverback

Moving Mountains
"Revenge is a poison meant for others, which we end up swallowing ourselves."

“Revenge is a kind of wild justice; which the more man's nature runs to, the more ought law to weed it out.” - Francis Bacon

“We don't hate anybody because of their color. We hate oppression.” - Bob Seale

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"

And last but not least:

"In a state of faith denied, is it any wonder where the answer lie's?"

Good thread.

Genie

“I think that people who can't believe in fairies aren't worth knowing."
~Tori Amos

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
~ Marilyn Monroe

"When I'm hungry, I eat. When I'm thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it."
~ Madonna

“On some of my darkest days, Lucifer's the one who comes and gives me an ice cream.”
~ Tori Amos

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I'm a walking quote vortex.

"There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists, until it's too late to do anything about it. It's the only reason you get up in the morning. The only reason you suffer the ****ty puss, the blood, the sweat and the tears. This is because you want people to know how good, attractive, generous, funny, wild and clever you really are. Fear or revere me, but please, think I'm special. We share an addiction. We're approval junkies. We're all in it for the slap on the back and the gold watch. The hip-hip-hoo-****in' rah. Look at the clever boy with the badge, polishing his trophy. Shine on you crazy diamond, because we're just monkeys wrapped in suits, begging for the approval of others."

---REVOLVER Changed my view of the human psyche and gave insight into the Ego

"We believe the state of film marketing has become ridiculously expensive and exclusionary to the average filmmaker longing simply to tell their story. When the costs of marketing and releasing a movie are four times that film’s budget, it’s apparent the traditional distribution mechanism is woefully out of touch with not only the current global economy, but also the age of social media"

---KEVIN SMITH is a representation (to me) of the humanity of us all just crying out to help one another make life not as sh**ty through laughter, story, and life.

"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope."

---GEORGE CARLIN puts everything that people dont like to talk about at your feet and says chew on it because its true. And people just laugh it off....because he's a comedian and comedians are funny. I feel George Carlin was the epitome of Satire and all we can do is laugh because of his genius. Even though he continuously made fun of us all. :D A true comedic savant.

"When people use phrases like “See what I mean”, “You’re not hearing
what I’m saying” or “Something smells fishy”, they are indicating the
primary sense they use to process information about a situation. I find
it interesting that my credibility and the phrases that describe it
hinge on economic terms and whether or not I have something to sell. I
don’t. I also don’t know how to clarify my position any better so I
would suggest that if what I say angers you, it might be best to just
consider it fiction. Soon you’ll get bored and I will leave in a few
months. Either way, it won’t be an issue."

---JOHN TITOR rocked my world view and perception of time and demension....also it was a great read. Alot of human nature was poured out into that forum. Reinforcing my ideals about life in general.

"We got no food, no jobs... our PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"

---JIM CARREY changed the way i looked at humor. His almost automatic punchlines and body language set the tone for which all other humor was to be wieghed. After i saw the Mask and Pet Detectives for the first time it was over. He wasnt affraid to be himself and push the envelope with his eccentricities

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
When I think of the last time somebody made me feel good.. the last time somebody made me really laugh... the last time somebody made me happy... I was with you.

When I was in grade school, they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life

sometimes all you can do is walk away, hide your tears, and just pretend you're okay

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
"I don't believe in organized religion and I never have." - Sarah Michelle Gellar.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss.

"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe and leaves before she is left." Marilyn Monroe.

“When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them.” Marilyn Monroe.

“It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.” Marilyn Monroe.

"I'm doing things that are true to me. The only problem I have is being labeled." Johnny Depp.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." Bruce Lee.

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at." Bruce Lee.

"I guess I'm too outspoken." Sharon Tate.

"I love it on the beach- it gives me a kind of freedom." Sharon Tate.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
A stranger stabs you in the front; a friend stabs you in the back; a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but best friends only poke each other with straws.

When we first talked to each other I knew we would always be friends. Our friendship has kept on growing And I'll be here for you to the end.

You listen when I have a problem And help dry the tears from my face. You take away my sorrow And put happiness in its place.

We can't forget the fun we've had Laughing 'til our faces turn blue. Talking of things only we find funny People think we're insane-If they only knew!

I guess this is my way of saying thanks For catching me when I fall. Thanks once again for being such a good friend And being here with me through it all.

"If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile... But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me."

Watch your thoughts; they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Let us overthrow the totems, break the taboos. Or better, let us consider them cancelled. Coldly, let us be intelligent.
-Pierre Trudeau

Be ready when opportunity comes... luck is the time when preparation and opportunity meet.
-Pierre Trudeau

The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work.
-Oprah

Here's the deal, yes my boobs are real. Sometimes they bounce off my knees and sometimes we play hacky-sack.
-Kathy Griffin

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
-Mark Twain

If liberty means anything, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear
-George Orwell

Too many people are only willing to defend rights that are personally important to them. It's selfish ignorance, and it's exactly why totalitarian governments are able to get away with trampling on people. Freedom does not mean freedom just for the things I think I should be able to do. Freedom is for all of us. If people will not speak up for other people's rights, there will come a day when they will lose their own.
-Tony Lawrence

I don't exercise. If God wanted me to bend over, he would have put diamonds in the floor.
-Joan Rivers

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Ooo, nice thread! I like quotes, often ponder over them. On my Facebook Jackie Chan and Bruce lee send out alot of qoutes its a good read.

" Do not have a attitude, open yourself and focus yourself and express yourself. Reject external form that fails to express internal reality. - Bruce Lee "

I don't know what it means 100% but its Bruce lee for crying out loud. Contemplation from a fighter is a powerful thing.

There are quotes and famous words throughout history, finding the right quote that's meant for you and at the right time is also important. Otherwise your gonna set a path that wasn't meant to be trailed by someone none the wiser. Often how I
I interpret words of wisdom. Due to my horrid lack of life experience.

Something I've heard recently was hair off the dogs back. I think that's how it went. anyway good thread!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad- 2D of the Gorillaz...

Sure, he's a fictional character, but this lyric really speaks to me...I try to always be glad for something, even when happiness seems almost unattainable...

sadistic_greyfox

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” - Buddha

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all" - Oscar Wilde

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” - Buddha

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all" - Oscar Wilde
Those are all true...

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Some more quotes that define me as a person:

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." ~William Shakespeare

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught." ~J.C. Watts

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, virtue is doing it." ~David Star Jordan

"One does evil enough when one does nothing good." ~German Proverb

I hate to admit it, but that last quote is something I'm ashamed of. I've done little good my whole life. It's so true, looking at the state of the world today. It's in a miserable state because good people do nothing to stop the evil minority, which makes the "good people" just as bad as the wicked people.

Here's another great quote that many people today ought to meditate on:

"Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." ~Albert Einstein

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The biggest mistake people make is thinking I'm not smart- Billy Idol

This quote works perfect for me, because I focus more on trying to make people laugh and being a real character that people never stop to notice I'm actually quite intelligent...Frankly, a lot of you on here probably have this notion of me, though I'm not sure lol...

Top Bottom