• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question of the Week 5; KFC's 'Double Down Sandwich - is this going too far?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Has anyone heard of this thing? It's KFC's new 'Double Down' sandwich. Perhaps it was out for a while, I don't know because I don't go to KFC. But anyway, this thing has two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and the 'Colonel's Sauce' between two pieces of fried chicken fillets. Alot of people are saying it's just about the worse, unhealthiest thing you can order. The original version with the fried chicken is 540 calories, 32 grams of fat, and 1380 mg of sodium. The grilled version is 460 calories, 23 grams of fat, and 1430 mg of sodium.

KFCSandwich-resized-600.jpg

Do you think these fast food joints should be more devoted or obligated to promote healthy lifestyles by not providing customers with meals like this? Or should that responsibility be left to customers?

Is this going too far, or is it really any different from any other meal you'd order at KFC?

Hoady

Hahaha have the buns been replaced with chicken wings?!xD

Well to be honest i think its up to the people to make there own decisions, if your willing to take of your body you will put in the effort to not go to these places and support the products.I mean the fact is someone will buy this you know and thats all they need, but on the other hand...what the hell were they thinking?The kernel would be ashamed of that monstrosity but then again i can't say i know he had the best concerns of people either lol.

I don't think its any different to be honest, you expect places like KFC to be fattening and i don't care how many salads and cafes they start putting on there menus if i want a healthy meal i will make a sandwich.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yup, that's two pieces of fried chicken as buns.

Anyway, I think you hit it right on the nail, Hoady. I would never in a million years touch that thing with a ten-foot-pole, but it really is not any worse than anything else ordered at KFC. Don't most people eat 2-3 chicken pieces, with deep-fried fries and gravy? And then they finish it off with a piece of cake. I mean, the difference is not much.

And you're right, when people want to eat healthy - they don't go to a fast food joint to do it. At the same time though, I do think these places should exhibit at least some degree of responsibility with their products. There's really no reason to include something like that on their menu, but I guess if people are dumb enough to eat it...

We Are Ninja

LOL. I had one two weeks ago... I had to, just so that I could say I did. And it was beyond overkill. I could feel my arteries clogging up...

The Jack in the Box Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger (formerly known as the Colossus), however, is probably the worst (health-wise) "sandwich" for sale in the US.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Well, I rarely eat at this kind of restaurants, and i think i never entered a KFC (there's not many here). When i eat at McDonnald's on something like that, i feel the grease down my esophagus and i feel like i am sick (this is probably just psychological). I like how the food tastes, but i know it's no good for me at all.
Some people, however, are addicted to this kind of food. I know some people who eat at fast food restaurants every single day.
I think that there should be a control over this kind of food, and the most dangerous ones should, at least, have a warning like those in the cigars packs, because these thinkg are as dangerous, if not more yet than the cigars.

We Are Ninja

bruno;73620 said:
...I think that there should be a control over this kind of food, and the most dangerous ones should, at least, have a warning like those in the cigars packs, because these thinkg are as dangerous, if not more yet than the cigars.

That is a brilliant idea. A Surgeon General's warning... These companies would fight that tooth and nail, though.

EDIT:

La Femme Fatale;73604 said:
...The original version with the fried chicken is 540 calories, 32 grams of fat, and 1380 mg of sodium. The grilled version is 460 calories, 23 grams of fat, and 1430 mg of sodium...[/b]
^ That's a "light" sandwich. I did a little digging. The Jack in the Box Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger I mentioned earlier is 1090 calories, 77 grams of fat, 2040mg of sodium and 53g of carbs... On the plus side, it's got 46 grams of protein...

You'd have to eat two KFC Double-Downs to get the nutritional bad karma of a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger...

L

Lurker
It is insane, companies just think of money instead of health. Remember KFC, when your customers have heart attacks there wont be money anymore.

tequila

Bottle Lover
It is the responsibility of the consumer and producer. It is dangerous for one's health from over consuming amounts of greese, sodium, and other stuff. That's why I prefer homecooking.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
That's a "light" sandwich. I did a little digging. The Jack in the Box Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger I mentioned earlier is 1090 calories, 77 grams of fat, 2040mg of sodium and 53g of carbs... On the plus side, it's got 46 grams of protein...

You'd have to eat two KFC Double-Downs to get the nutritional bad karma of a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger...

Either way, I'd hardly call the KFC DD 'light'. Sure, it might be light in comparison to that cheeseburger, but it's kind of a lesser of two evils... that Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger clearly isn't something that any reasonable person would touch more than once their entire lifetime, if that. :)

We Are Ninja

^ True.

tequila;73629 said:
It is the responsibility of the consumer and producer. It is dangerous for one's health from over consuming amounts of greese, sodium, and other stuff. That's why I prefer homecooking.

I remember a few years ago, a bunch of fat people tried to sue McDonald's for making them fat. It didn't go anywhere...

lena

for a past period of time when i was in arabia i had been eating this i mean kfc, broasted thing-i didn't know about this double down until now-for almost every other day and it gained me 8kg within a few months which had thoroughly frustrated me. basicly i'm not a fast food fan i was doing my time only during that few months in these places because i was bad in cooking. i remember before i tried one rice hamburger not in kfc, with two rice buns and fried shrimp between i think it's a v good idea and seemed healthier and yummy!

Kellyrose

tequila;73629 said:

This.
It it not the job of the company to babysit it's consumers. I think its crazy that some people would sue fast food places on that grounds that they are responsible for their illnesses. Its not like the nutritional information of their food is hidden away in some secret vault somewhere, its all readily available. The company is not to blame for people's ignorance.

Mr Sunshine

I like fast food. I wish it could fatten me a bit but nothing seems to be working with me on this matter. Oh well.. :(

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i think since its fast food anyway, and most fast food is unhealthy, then why not go all out and have something extreme like this.
i rarely eat kfc or maccy d's or anything like that but if your going to treat yourself to unhealthy crap once in a blue moon you might as well go all out and buy something like this.

Hoady

aintnoscrub;73656 said:
i think since its fast food anyway, and most fast food is unhealthy, then why not go all out and have something extreme like this.
i rarely eat kfc or maccy d's or anything like that but if your going to treat yourself to unhealthy crap once in a blue moon you might as well go all out and buy something like this.

Haha thats true the only reason i can see myself eating this is to go "yeah lets see how far we can go!" when you replace buns with chicken wings you can't not expect to be pressured by someone for the challenge.

Rathit;73628 said:
It is insane, companies just think of money instead of health. Remember KFC, when your customers have heart attacks there wont be money anymore.

Remember those heart attack victims have kids with the same intentions..There will never be an end to the cycle.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;73604 said:
But anyway, this thing has two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and the 'Colonel's Sauce' between two pieces of fried chicken fillets. Alot of people are saying it's just about the worse, unhealthiest thing you can order. The original version with the fried chicken is 540 calories, 32 grams of fat, and 1380 mg of sodium. The grilled version is 460 calories, 23 grams of fat, and 1430 mg of sodium.

Do you think these fast food joints should be more devoted or obligated to promote healthy lifestyles by not providing customers with meals like this? Or should that responsibility be left to customers?
We don't have KFC here. And that burger does NOT look tasty. No bread.
Is it 540 calories per 100 grams or is it per meal?

I want to say that it's up to each one of us to take responsibility. KFC and Burger King is not to blame when people get obese after eating too much junk food. Junk food only becomes bad when people eat too much of it. Like Hoady said, if I want a healthy meal I make a sandwich.

When Bruno said it should be warnings on junk food like it is with tobacco, I first thought it sounded like a great idea. But not after second thought. I don't think we can start labelling everything unhealthy with "Surgeon General's warning". We as human species must be able to think a little on our own. We can't have the government to do all the thinking.

But junk food is a source to alot of health problems. I almost want to say that weed should not be more illegal than junk food. Fatty food is maybe more dangerous than weed.

PS. I never smoked anything and I eat junk food maybe once or twice a year.

Fallen91;73650 said:
I like fast food. I wish it could fatten me a bit but nothing seems to be working with me on this matter. Oh well.. :(
The fatty food you eat is fattening you. You just can't see it because it's inside your veins. ;)

Hoady

Fallen91;73650 said:

Its funny because theres actually many, many people out there wanting to gain weight but don't know the proper way of doing so because its pratically impossible for them.I mean honestly when was the last time you saw an ad claiming "GAIN WEIGHT NOW".

Well the truth is you need to be eating about 4000-5000 worth of calories a day of healthy and fattening food(milk,tuna,chicken breast,veges,nuts etc) to gain mass, if your doing weights combined well your gonna get big.As Romero said all that **** just clogs your arteries and in 20 years BAM heart attack.If i could afford it i'd buy that much food for a few weeks to put on an extra 3 kilos or so but i can't so i just wolf down what i got lol.

We Are Ninja

Hoady;73672 said:
Its funny because theres actually many, many people out there wanting to gain weight but don't know the proper way of doing so because its pratically impossible for them...

There are many more people that are just the opposite, and we LOATHE people like you... LOL :lol:

Trinity

We don't have KFC ,but we do have a fast food chain called MC Donald's ...It offers plastic unhealthy food like the one on the photo.And it isn't cheap. For a meal in MC Donald's you could buy a whole bunch of vegetables and fine meet. I don't know what the big deal with fast food is..I always thought that they put some kind of addictive chemical,like in coce....

Top Bottom