• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Predators [New Predator Film]

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
It has laurence fishburne, and some others which makes it look good enough plus the newish predators haha and thats good enough for me.

When I see new films I like the look of I decide if I should wait to see it at a cinima or watch it before its out on a dvd lol

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT! Damn... 5 more months...
drool1.gif

From the looks of things I want to say that it will, at the very least, be as enjoyable as Predator 2.
The actual trailer is supposed to be out on the 18th- this Thursday, so keep an eye out.

www.predators-movie.com

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
BUMP two more weeks! Also the site has been updated with more videos and such so chek it out!

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
''This video is no longer avialible due to a copyright claim by blablabla''

I hate WMG so bucking damn much >.<!

O(+>

I really don't think it's gonna be that great...
Sorry to **** on people's parades but the reason why the first Predator worked was because it was just one Predator. A squad of soldiers had no idea where it would come from next. It toyed with them, taking them out one by one. Just one monster/alien thing, and you had no idea what it was gonna do next.

While there's nothing technically wrong with being in a similar scenario, it just isn't as exciting when you see about 9 tri-lasers aim at one guy. I know it's supposed to make the Predator fan-boys & girls go "OOOHHH **** SON, LOOK HOW MANY", but what's the point of making the film? All those Predators could take them all out in a second. It seems like that idea stretched out for over an hour

The physchological drama has been lost. It could be an ok film but it won't set the world on fire.

/stops ****ing

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Actually that clip where Adrien Brody has all the dots on him was modified for commercial purposes; to let the audience know (and get their hopes up) that there is more than one Predator hunting in this film.

***Possible Spoiler***
The one that appears on his head is real though the rest are not.

As for the preds being able to take out these character with ease, sure, but you could say the same thing for the predator in the first film too. He could have easily taken out Arnie and his team of commandos with the type of weapons he had but he didn't. It's not about killing it's about hunting and making it a worthy fight.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
JaguarsSoul;76451 said:
''This video is no longer avialible due to a copyright claim by blablabla''

I hate WMG so bucking damn much >.<!
You too? That happens all the time to us Europeans. ****es me off.
I think WMG is one of them who most often cause me problems, but this time it was Twentieth Century Fox.

O(+>;76490 said:
I really don't think it's gonna be that great...
Sorry to **** on people's parades but the reason why the first Predator worked was because it was just one Predator. A squad of soldiers had no idea where it would come from next. It toyed with them, taking them out one by one. Just one monster/alien thing, and you had no idea what it was gonna do next.

While there's nothing technically wrong with being in a similar scenario, it just isn't as exciting when you see about 9 tri-lasers aim at one guy. I know it's supposed to make the Predator fan-boys & girls go "OOOHHH **** SON, LOOK HOW MANY", but what's the point of making the film? All those Predators could take them all out in a second. It seems like that idea stretched out for over an hour

The physchological drama has been lost. It could be an ok film but it won't set the world on fire.

/stops ****ing
I think you have some good points there. It's like the newer RE games, the enemies are so many that the game doesn't give you time to feel any horror.

STAR_738;76494 said:
Actually that clip where Adrien Brody has all the dots on him was modified for commercial purposes; to let the audience know (and get their hopes up) that there is more than one Predator hunting in this film.

***Possible Spoiler***

As for the preds being able to take out these character with ease, sure, but you could say the same thing for the predator in the first film too. He could have easily taken out Arnie and his team of commandos with the type of weapons he had but he didn't. It's not about killing it's about hunting and making it a worthy fight.
Hmmm you win. :p

Feng-Hi

I'm in two minds but not holding my breath for it. It's a film I'd like to see BUT a film I will wait to see as there are plenty of films this summer I want to see but with work/family/baby 2 on the way I know I won't get to see!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Although I may just make the effort to see RE:A in 3D....maybe, not seen any at the cinemas but I'd like to see the 3D aspect of it.

O(+>

STAR_738;76494 said:

***Possible Spoiler***

Dear God, that makes it worse! Look how cool this is everyone!!...Cus it won't actually be there in the film...

Well, the thing with just having one is that you can't believe how good it is at taking out everyone in the film. As you say, it's about the hunting. It isn't so much as a hunt when you could have several Predators just twiddling theyre thumbs for the right moment. In Resident Evil terms, imagine seeing the Wesker fights from RE5. Now imagine 9 Weskers fighting a team. At first it's cool. But then it's just a bit too much.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
O(+>;76644 said:
Dear God, that makes it worse! Look how cool this is everyone!!...Cus it won't actually be there in the film...

Yeah it is kind of lame.

Well, the thing with just having one is that you can't believe how good it is at taking out everyone in the film. As you say, it's about the hunting. It isn't so much as a hunt when you could have several Predators just twiddling theyre thumbs for the right moment. In Resident Evil terms, imagine seeing the Wesker fights from RE5. Now imagine 9 Weskers fighting a team. At first it's cool. But then it's just a bit too much.

The pred in the first movie could have easily killed them all at once with a few shots from it's shoulder cannon (and various other weapons). The thing is it didn't want to take them all out at once.

Just because there is more than one predator hunting in this movie doesn't mean it can't be considered a hunt; human hunters hunt in groups all the time. From what I've read, the preds aren't going to be ganging up on one person at a time; each pred takes a pick on who they want to fight.
There really is only 4 main predators in the movie too, not 9.

Also there is a big difference between an alien race of hunters hunting a selected group of killers and 9 Albert Weskers fighting a random team. Big difference.

It may not be oscar winning material but it could be a decent si-fi flick if portrayed right. Here's hoping!

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I went to go see it at the cinima last saturday. I liked it. Might get it on DVD...

When you was talking about the dots on the guys head, There are lots of predators!! LOTS!! I just think a few of them want to fight and tthe rest just observe Im not sure though...

It was abit weird I did like the guy from the Yakuza though haha he was pretty cool. Good film not as good as the first one but almost as good.

Top Bottom