• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Piers E-Mail to Claire

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
So, Leon's dragqueen. Then let me guess Jill's a lesbian who has a crush on Lara Croft and idolizes her... oh wait... that actually makes sense. That's why she looked like Lara Croft in Revelations, you know in her swimsuit and all. She looks exactly like Lara did in Underworld during the Helheim level. Hah

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yes, her wetsuit does indeed look a little like the one Lara was wearing when she visited me in Helheim. And in RE5 she looked like Fiona (Haunting Ground) with Claire's ponytail and Nina Williams's outfit. Really, Jill, you're such a copycat! How about you come up with your own style?

So, Leon's dragqueen.

I would say so... And Helena is the sun queen Himiko.

leonundhelenarrupr.jpg

But I'm afraid we're derailing the thread...

N7Valentine

Jill is indeed a copycat. Can't deny the fact. My initial thoughts when we met her in 5 was "Isn't that Nina Williams from Tekken?" But if we let her have her own style she only ends up looking like a prostitute *I'm looking at you, RE3 Jill* -_-' Oh and don't forget about Chris and his very questionable unlockable outfits. They might give us a hint what he's into...

Apropos Himiko. I think Alex Wesker is in secret a fan of the new Tomb Raider... That's where she got her plans from :D

I think it's okay going off-topic. We can't be dead serious the whole time, can we?

But back on topic.

As someone who wants an answer for everything I asked my said gay friend on his stance on this whole PiersxChris shipping thing. He's a gamer himself and plays RE games, too. (As you can imagine, he also got the hots for Chris Redfield, but even he thinks that his unlockable outfits are ridiculous as hell. He's not into overly gay stuff)
Since I'm not gay myself, I asked him to see it from a gay point of view, so to say. But he only laughed at me and told me that Piers and Chris are certainly not romantically involved and there was nothing which alluded to a gay romance between those two. He doesn't get Nivanfield either. He only said that Piers admires Chris, but some people take that as a sign for romantic feelings, which is completely wrong in this case. They had more of an brothers-in-arms or master-protégé relationship, but they were also friends. That's about it.

However, he added that Chris has actually shown romantic feelings towards someone in the past... You just have to play RE5 and save a certain person there... That's what he told me ;)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, good for him, but in the end his opinion is just that, an opinion, just like everybody else's (and I have gay friends too, who happen to disagree with your friend). I still know what I believe concerning Nivanfield, Valenfield and all the other potential couples, no one is ever going to convince me otherwise without any concrete evidence, and I love Chris's extra outfits. I don't think we will ever agree on this point, so let's not get into it any further.

N7Valentine

goddamit Capcom if you wanna make a gay character then make it clear/official statement, if he's straight then don't let the fans speculate too much lol
I agree. That's one of the reasons why I can't take Chris' character serious anymore, because of this whole "Is he gay with Piers or not" thing.

But Capcom loves to tease fans, some people like it some people find it annoying. I guess it's a matter of taste.

But if they really wanna have a gay character they should take a look at Naughty Dog or Bioware, because these guys know how to do it.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Opinions will always differ as there are billions of people in this world.

I don't think of Piers and Chris as a gay romantic couple (both are straight to my knowledge), but these two hardass soldiers were def like bros ;) That's what I think.

TJay

Premium
I'm not going to point out any specific posts in this thread, but there are quite a few that are borderline offensive & ignorant regarding sexuality. Quite shocked by it to be honest.

goddamit Capcom if you wanna make a gay character then make it clear/official statement, if he's straight then don't let the fans speculate too much lol

I don't really get this. May I ask why you think a statement is needed regarding his sexuality either way?

The truth is, in real life, nobody's sexuality is completely black & white. Why should it be any different in fiction?

As for the line in the email, it seemed more like acknowledgement to the fans that Chris' appearance has changed rather dramatically over the years, rather than a nod to any fan "shipping". Although I'm quite sure Capcom are not overly concerned with either...

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
May I ask why you think a statement is needed regarding his sexuality either way?
Well not really a statement but rather some sort of a clear indication. The reason is because that'd start something like the other thread here discussing this issue with some of its reponse/posts being something that you may consider ignorant, that could be "prevented" if they just portrayed someone distinctly in my opinion.

As for the line in the email, it seemed more like acknowledgement to the fans that Chris' appearance has changed rather dramatically over the years
Yes seems that way

umbra aeterna

but in response to the email,i read it as piers wanting to dig some dirt on chris so he can tease him to death :)
chris would never live it down....especially if said picture has wesker in it

RedPanda

4x the awesome
As for the line in the email, it seemed more like acknowledgement to the fans that Chris' appearance has changed rather dramatically over the years, rather than a nod to any fan "shipping". Although I'm quite sure Capcom are not overly concerned with either...
That's what I thought too. I figured it was just a way of referencing the fact that Chris went from an averagely sized dude to a gorilla overnight. If you look further into it I guess it's weird to ask for pictures of your captain from his sister, but I could see Chris being all no-nonsense and never divulging anything about himself or his past, so I get why Piers would be curious. Either it was never intended to mean anything and everyone is blowing it out of proportion or Capcom is being their usual selves and slipping in little messages just for the sake of stirring up ship wars, which they seem to love doing with RE in particular. Regardless, the matter will never be fully settled so there's no sense getting all hot and bothered over it, and personally I'm of the belief that none of the characters should get with any of the others because they are basically living in hell on earth and I don't think realistically finding a mate should be one of their priorities. Nivanfield can't work because Piers is dead and Valenfield would be the most boring couple ever because neither one has any personality whatsoever, so I'm perfectly fine with Chris riding solo

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I was browsing Deviant Art the other day, and I found a cute fanmade comic about Chris, Claire, Piers and the email in question. Whether you're a Nivanfield fan or not, you should give it a try because it's quite funny, especially Claire. I put it in a spoiler tag because the pictures are rather big, not because of any "mature" content, unless you think one photo of topless Chris is enough to steal your innocence. Have fun!

comicreunion1eeor0.jpg

comicreunion20cph6.jpg

comicreunion3mmqls.jpg

Source: http://xth13teenx.deviantart.com/art/REUNION-Page-1-523656008 (for the first page)

xTh13teeNx is a Nivanfield artist, and a good one at that, so make sure to visit his/her/its page if you're into the pairing.

handle that facial hair and get a nice wig and we're in business

I think it's even funnier with the facial hair. Conchita Wurst, anyone? And if you're looking for a wig (and nice fitting earrings), scroll up to the second post on this page. ;)

Top Bottom