• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pet Peeves

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Well some people just feel scared that they might hurt someone if they were straight.
Most people who dislike me don't really know me. Most people who know me would know I wouldn't be upset in most cases. In fact, it bothers me most when someone dislikes me and acts otherwise to my face.

To be fair, it is a pet peeve thread. There's no rationality requirement.

Last edited:

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Teachers who can't read an advertisement that in order to receive a discount on your tickets you have to provide us with PROOF that you are indeed a current working teacher

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Teachers who can't read an advertisement that in order to receive a discount on your tickets you have to provide us with PROOF that you are indeed a current working teacher
I used to work in a theater and doctors were bad. A few times some of them would throw a fit over something like concessions pricing and then they'd throw their MD in your face like they deserve better.

Older folks can be pretty rude, but some of the movie title generalizations they make are hilarious. Angels and Deadbeats remains a favorite.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
- When people act outraged at things they're really not outraged at.
- When guys ask someone out, get rejected, and then go on and on about the person they just asked out ten seconds ago is fat and ugly anyway.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
- When guys ask someone out, get rejected, and then go on and on about the person they just asked out ten seconds ago is fat and ugly anyway.
I can understand how hurtful that is. If you're older than 13 years old, and can't face rejection without resorting to name-calling, you need to grow the hell up.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
- People who stare at you like they've never seen a human being walking before.
- People who keeps asking me every five seconds if i am done while i am working on something.
- People who keeps annoying with suggestions on how to do something even thou they have no ****ing clue what they are talking about.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
-People who automatically assume things
-People who when I ask to leave me alone they pester me more about it
-People who talk to me about their likes when I say I don't like/want to hear it.
Oh lets not forget
-Kids
-Politics
-People talking about Politics

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I can understand how hurtful that is. If you're older than 13 years old, and can't face rejection without resorting to name-calling, you need to grow the hell up.
I'm not sure it's hurtful, because I don't think anyone who does that has enough character to be taken seriously... I just think it's a tremendous display of weakness.

JHJ

I'm not sure it's hurtful, because I don't think anyone who does that has enough character to be taken seriously... I just think it's a tremendous display of weakness.
That's true. I think I just phrased what I wanted to say incorrectly. What I was trying to say was if a person isn't entirely confident or comfortable in their skin, then someone saying something like that can be a blow to the self-esteem. I know that from experience.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
- Old people with no manners whatsoever complaining about young people having no manners, thinking they're allowed everything just because they're old.
- Old people driving their bikes at a snail's pace in the middle of the road, forcing you to drive behind them at the same speed with no possibility of overtaking them. You can't even ring the bell because chances are they won't hear it.
- Dogs that bark every time they see another dog. Imagine what the world would be like if humans did that.
- Co-workers who print out their documents, but never go to pick them up from the printer.
- Files that ask if you'd like to save the changes you've made when you try to close them, even though you haven't made any changes. Paranoia fuel, anyone?
- The never-ending quest for the correct "Download" button that actually downloads the thing you want instead of leading you elsewhere.
- Sites on Google Search that contain the term you're looking for in their preview, but when you click on them, it's not there.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Another one of mine - lateness. If it's something that happens that's unavoidable, then fair enough. But if you couldn't be bothered to get out of bed, that's just ridiculous, especially when I made the effort to meet the person.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I know I've said it before, but in the light of current events, I feel like I can't stress it enough: If you can't drive your bike faster than a pedestrian walks, then GET THE F*** OFF THAT BIKE AND GO BY FOOT! There should be an official minimum speed for bikes on the road, and parents with children shouldn't be allowed there at all until the little ones learn that driving alongside big, heavy cars isn't a game.

And for those that can't go any faster because they're sooo old: If you're old enough to be at risk of a heart attack at any moment, what are you doing on a bike in high traffic anyway? You might cause an accident and get not only yourself killed, but a couple of other people as well! If you don't want to walk, there's still busses and trams and the underground for you.

People have already said about me that I must have been absent when "God" distributed tolerance, but at least I was present when he handed out brains.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Introvert/misanthrope pet peeve number 751: The corridor is quiet while you're preparing to leave for work, and no one is using the elevator. It seems like your neighbours are either asleep, already at work, on vacation, or just prefer to stay at home. Yay! :smile:

But then, the second you step out of your flat, someone else does too. :rolleyes: Not somewhere in the building where you'll only hear, but never see them, but right next to you. And since you're not keen on walking down seven flights of stairs, you also have to share the tiny elevator with them, that same elevator that was completely inactive for the last half hour or so.

I'm telling you, even in an otherwise lawless world, Murphy's law still applies. :mad:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I've deleted my previous posts in this thread so I can redo this.

Stupid people.
I include many things in the "stupid" category. So many things that I can't even list it.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm not a fan of hypocrisy or willful ignorance.

Not exactly pet peeves, but issues to be sure.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My two biggest pet peeves are when people chew with their mouth open (I have Misophonia) and I absolutely hate redundancy, whether it be having to repeat myself, someone asking me something over and over again, etc.

Reactions: Hel

JHJ

Something that I've found frustrating recently, and it's something that seems to be becoming increasingly more frequent, is people wanting me to do something for them, but not actually saying anything to me, and just assuming that I can read their damn minds. I'M NOT PSYCHIC, I NEED INFORMATION TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WANT!!!

Reactions: Jen

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Probably the pettiest pet peeve ever, but... Why is it so hard for people to spell "definitely"? Sure, everyone makes spelling mistakes, especially in the English language with its weird pronunciation rules, but I don't think I've seen any other word being misspelled as often, even by native speakers.

D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y

Not "defiantly" or "definatly" or any similar perversion. It's really not that difficult, just think of "Finite" from the Harry Potter spell Finite Incantatem, then call your left arm De, and your right arm Ly, and hug the word like this:

De-Finite-Ly

You're welcome.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y

Not "defiantly" or "definatly" or any similar perversion. It's really not that difficult, just think of "Finite" from the Harry Potter spell Finite Incantatem, then call your left arm De, and your right arm Ly, and hug the word like this:

With how often I've seen it spelled in that fashion, a significant percentage of the population doesn't seem to know what defiant means.

Top Bottom