• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

People need to give capcom a break...

black 93

Ok so iv been reading a lot of stuff this past week regarding resident evil 2 and capcom saying their interested in remaking it. Most of the feedback has been positive but as usual theres some that is making me scratch my head. Some people are saying this is a bad thing and that capcom have lost their way with the series ya know all the usual crap. When are people gunna be happy? We have been asking capcom to remake RE2 since 2002 when the RE1 remake came out. Whats the problem? People are saying screw 2 make 7 already! So... remaking 2 means their not gunna do 7? This goes beyond RE2 though, ever since RE5 people have done nothing but complain. Worse case scenario is capcom makes another RE6 with RE7. I certanily got enjoyment out of that game and there are MUCH worse games out there. Revelations 2 was fantastic, Claire and Barry came back like people have been asking for ( people complained about that too regarding claires face and barry not looking like he did in RE1... yea seriously) they gave us the remake remastered, their working on RE7 and seem to be really taking their time with it, their more than likely going to remake RE2 and their ASKING us as fans for input and asking us what we want in a game, rather than making a game that they assume we want. In fact i beleive the reason RE6 was as stuffed as it was was because capcom listened TOO MUCH and tried to appeal to everybody. Everything capcom have done since RE6 is what we've been asking for for years.

Bring back claire- Done
Bring back Barry- Done
Bring back jill- revelations 2 secret files made it inevitable.
Port remake- Done
Port zero- Working on
Bring back the survial aspect-Done ( revelations 2 was damn hard in parts, mutant pedro anyone?)
Remake RE2- its inevitable at this point.
Take your time with RE7- seems to be the case.

What more do people want?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I got to admit that what you're saying is pretty dead on. I really want RE7 more than anything but I suppose a remake for RE2 has been demanded by fans for years.... I remember people begging for it around the time of RE5 so I was NOT surprised when Capcom made the announcement. I'm actually surprised that it took this long.

The Resident Evil remake port and RE0 remastered port really doesn't look like it's taking them much effort. Just a cash in by raising the resolution. Yes I am aware this takes a lot of work but it's pale of making a new game from the ground up or even a remake.

Didn't Revelations 1 bring back survival horror? =P I'll admit Revelations 2 did a damn good job and is debatably one of the best games in the franchise :3 The game had it's moments but I wouldn't say it was that hard over all. Did you kill mutant Pedro as Claire or Barry? I killed him as Claire on my first play through for the trophy... I was starting to get quite ****ed at one point because he was such a damage sponge that I thought for a bit that maybe there was an alternative way to kill him. When I did finally kill him and the trophy popped... the guy behind me slashed me down LOL xD I was like NO! I am killing Pedro here and now! I killed him and killed the afflicted and got away the next attempt -_- Want hard? Try the hardest difficulty invisible mode with no upgrades and make it like a fresh start LMAO! You're welcome and have fun :3

black 93

I got to admit that what you're saying is pretty dead on. I really want RE7 more than anything but I suppose a remake for RE2 has been demanded by fans for years.... I remember people begging for it around the time of RE5 so I was NOT surprised when Capcom made the announcement. I'm actually surprised that it took this long.

The Resident Evil remake port and RE0 remastered port really doesn't look like it's taking them much effort. Just a cash in by raising the resolution. Yes I am aware this takes a lot of work but it's pale of making a new game from the ground up or even a remake.

Didn't Revelations 1 bring back survival horror? =P I'll admit Revelations 2 did a damn good job and is debatably one of the best games in the franchise :3 The game had it's moments but I wouldn't say it was that hard over all. Did you kill mutant Pedro as Claire or Barry? I killed him as Claire on my first play through for the trophy... I was starting to get quite ****ed at one point because he was such a damage sponge that I thought for a bit that maybe there was an alternative way to kill him. When I did finally kill him and the trophy popped... the guy behind me slashed me down LOL xD I was like NO! I am killing Pedro here and now! I killed him and killed the afflicted and got away the next attempt -_- Want hard? Try the hardest difficulty invisible mode with no upgrades and make it like a fresh start LMAO! You're welcome and have fun :3
I get what your saying, revelations 2 wasnt like silent hill hard, but compared to RE6 i found it much trickier in places. The ammo count seemed to be much lower and i found myself depending on molotovs and decoy bottles quite a lot. i played it over last weekend and if you start totally fresh with no weapons, upgrades or expansion bags its quite a challenge in areas. Haha i was exactly the same fighting pedro, iv killed him as both claire and barry. Id say its harder as claire because with barry its just one on one and you can shoot his eyes to save yourself ammo and take him down quicker. Whereas claire has to deal with being trapped in a cabin with afflicted pouring in lol. And i totally agree, the renevants and alex in invisible mode me so much greif.

IntoxNitram

I agree completely with what you are saying. No matter what happens people seem to moan. I think Capcom have done extremely well since they announced the HD Resident Evil. I see people on the Facebook posts seemingly unhappy that they want 3 done instead of 2 and they want Dino Crisis too. I want both of those too, but I understand that they can only do so many things at a time. I would rather they remade RE chronologically and finished that before looking to other series. I think they are doing great and people just need to cut them some slack.

black 93

I agree completely with what you are saying. No matter what happens people seem to moan. I think Capcom have done extremely well since they announced the HD Resident Evil. I see people on the Facebook posts seemingly unhappy that they want 3 done instead of 2 and they want Dino Crisis too. I want both of those too, but I understand that they can only do so many things at a time. I would rather they remade RE chronologically and finished that before looking to other series. I think they are doing great and people just need to cut them some slack.
I agree their doing great, iv never thought they've done badly tbh, they may have stumbled a little with RE6 but it was still a good game and when you compare it to some of these so called 'next gen' games its a lot of fun. I think overall capcom have done well ever since mikami left. Mikami left and capcom were left with this series that had evolved from survival horror into a much more faster paced, action based game, that had divided the fanbase but also brought tons more fans in. People did nothing but praise RE4 so what exactly did people expect capcom to do? Go back to slow paced and fixed camera angles? then people would have said they were taking steps back. So they did what WE told them to do by adoring RE4 and stuck with action. Many people say RE6 is the worst of the series, well if the worst game this franchise has to offer can still provide you some entertainment, then we should be very grateful.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
People are being so unfair. They just want something to conplain about. Everybody says the series is terrible without Shinji Mikami, but it's been doing better since he left. People complain that there wasn't co-op in Revelations, then when Capcom put it in Revelations 2, everybody complained it wasn't as scary when you were playing with someone else. It's not like they were forcing you to get a friend and play it together. They say having a partner in-game makes it less scary, that it's scarier if your character is alone, yet people didn't care with 2 or 3 when you had a partner shooting with you.

black 93

People are being so unfair. They just want something to conplain about. Everybody says the series is terrible without Shinji Mikami, but it's been doing better since he left. People complain that there wasn't co-op in Revelations, then when Capcom put it in Revelations 2, everybody complained it wasn't as scary when you were playing with someone else. It's not like they were forcing you to get a friend and play it together. They say having a partner in-game makes it less scary, that it's scarier if your character is alone, yet people didn't care with 2 or 3 when you had a partner shooting with you.
I completley agree :) shinji mikami has made some incredible games so yes the guy deserves some respect. But all these mikami fanboys need to do their research, because it was mikami himself that changed RE and he said the series NEEDED a new direction because remake didnt sell as well as expected back in 02. I think that if remake had gone to ps2 it would have done a hell of a lot better. But yea, mikami was dumb enough to base the future of the franchise on a gamecube exclusive, (not dissing gamecube i have one but compared to ps2 it was a flop) and then he left. If you cant get some enjoyment out of Barry Burton ( awesome dialouge an all) working with claire Redfield to take down Alex Wesker... then sorry you may as well leave the franchise because theres no pleasing you lol

makto_san

Starkiller
It's quite funny how the fan base is constantly moaning about everything (include myself LOL). But I think that lately Capcom has been working on right direccion, RE Revelations 2 is one of the best entries in the last couple of years and I love see Claire and Barry back after all these years. Many people don't like the ports of previous games released,but I think that was actually a pretty good idea make a remastered edition of the Remake and Zero...And I do believe that they are working on RE7...Now I think also that it's little bit strange that when comes news about the fanmade RE2 game they just start listen the people about the Remake of RE2.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I don't know it's hard to please anyone anyways and people will always complain, but that's human nature unfortunately :/ I really hope they take their time and do as best as they can. I'm looking forward to the RE2 remake, although I personally prefer RE3 over 2, but demanding to release a RE3 remake next year would make me look like a tryant xD Anyways, I'm hoping RE7 will be released in 2016. It would makes sense since it's the 20th Anniversary of RE ;) But I'm certain they're already working on it, so let's just wait till they release a teaser/trailer.
Bring back jill- revelations 2 secret files made it inevitable.
I'm praying she'll be in RE7:love:, but hopefully she won't be nothing like in Revelations 1. They brought Claire and Barry back in Rev2, but Jill has been absent for way too long and I don't won't her to be forgotten in rehab, after everything she's done for Chris like saving his life, almost paying with her own life for that and going through hell being Wesker's mind-controlled slave for 3 years.

black 93

I'm praying she'll be in RE7:love:, but hopefully she won't be nothing like in Revelations 1. They brought Claire and Barry back in Rev2, but Jill has been absent for way too long and I don't won't her to be forgotten in rehab, after everything she's done for Chris like saving his life, almost paying with her own life for that and going through hell being Wesker's mind-controlled slave for 3 years.[/QUOTE]
if jill isnt in RE7 i will be VERY surprised. Shes the only character that hasnt made an apperance in the last few years. People always say she has with revelations 1 but that game was set 10 years ago in the RE timeline. Before lost in nightmares, before she was captured bu wesker and before chris rescued her in RE5. Jill hasnt been featured in an up to date role since RE5. Since then chris, leon, sherry, ada, claire and barry have all returned. As the original heroine of RE jill needs to come back in a big way! I have faith in capcom though, if they can find time to bring ol bazza back they can with jill

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Jill has made a appearance recently, in Revelations 2 to be exact as a unlockable raid mode character.

And Revelations 1 was released back in 2012, sure its been 3 years since she stared in her own game but 3 years isn't exactly a very long time.

The only main characters that has been absent for far to long are Rebecca,Billy, and Carlos really.

Last edited:

black 93

Jill has made a appearance recently, in Revelations 2 to be exact as a unlockable raid mode character.

And Revelations 1 was released back in 2012, sure its been 3 years since she stared in her own game but 3 years isn't exactly a very long time.

The only main characters that has been absent for far to long are Rebecca,Billy, and Carlos really.
If we're going by that logic, rebecca has also had an apperance in RE5 mercs. Revelations 1 was set in 2005, RE5 was set in 2009. So yeah revelations was released in 2012 in our time but in the actual RE canonical timeline jill hasnt been seen since 2009.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
If we're going by that logic, rebecca has also had an apperance in RE5 mercs. Revelations 1 was set in 2005, RE5 was set in 2009. So yeah revelations was released in 2012 in our time but in the actual RE canonical timeline jill hasnt been seen since 2009.

Oh so your talking about Jill being absent from a storyline standpoint?

I was talking about a appearance in video game standpoint and while Rebecca was a unlockable character in RE5 gold edition mercs that was still before Revelations 1 which was a game that stared Jill valentine.

Bottom line is that Jill has had MUCH more exposure than Rebecca and while there is nothing wrong with that I just think that its time for some other characters to get some staring time in a game.

Jill last had a game staring her 3 years ago, Rebecca on the other hand has not had one in over 10 years.

black 93

Oh so your talking about Jill being absent from a storyline standpoint?

I was talking about a appearance in video game standpoint and while Rebecca was a unlockable character in RE5 gold edition mercs that was still before Revelations 1 which was a game that stared Jill valentine.

Bottom line is that Jill has had MUCH more exposure than Rebecca and while there is nothing wrong with that I just think that its time for some other characters to get some staring time in a game.

Jill last had a game staring her 3 years ago, Rebecca on the other hand has not had one in over 10 years.
I see what your saying, jill has had much more exposure than rebecca. I think the main reason people are expecting jill is because she just vanished after 5 with a lot of questions about how she got there and what she did after. But yea, rebecca should also make a comeback. Maybe they'll both appear in the same game like claire and barry did who knows.

Airaku

Stray Jedi

lolwut? Mercs doesn't even have play in the RE canonical timeline whatsoever.... Unless you think it's like some parallel universe **** or something..... I don't understand "that logic" either of you are going by...... -_-

That being said I'd like to see Jill return. Actually there is a rumor that Jill will be the star of RE7 and Albert Wesker will return.... in her head! Obviously flash backs because of the p-30 mind control. Of course that is a rumor and it had a few things that made it sound pretty bogus. Ugh there's so many rumors on the game xD Only one of them imo ever had a shed of being legit from a few years back.... kind of foreshadowed the direction the series is going from a few angles. That is just me though....

black 93

lolwut? Mercs doesn't even have play in the RE canonical timeline whatsoever.... Unless you think it's like some parallel universe **** or something..... I don't understand "that logic" either of you are going by...... -_-

That being said I'd like to see Jill return. Actually there is a rumor that Jill will be the star of RE7 and Albert Wesker will return.... in her head! Obviously flash backs because of the p-30 mind control. Of course that is a rumor and it had a few things that made it sound pretty bogus. Ugh there's so many rumors on the game xD Only one of them imo ever had a shed of being legit from a few years back.... kind of foreshadowed the direction the series is going from a few angles. That is just me though....
And neither does raid mode that was my point. Bonus modes dont count as an apperance to me. I said that because he thought raid mode counts as an apperance for jill and that rebecca has been a no show for years. So i meant if he thinks bonus modes count as an apperance then rebecca has had one too. I was being sarcastic lol

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
And neither does raid mode that was my point. Bonus modes dont count as an apperance to me. I said that because he thought raid mode counts as an apperance for jill and that rebecca has been a no show for years. So i meant if he thinks bonus modes count as an apperance then rebecca has had one too. I was being sarcastic lol

Technically Raid Mode in Revelations 2 can be canon if you want it to be, since it's a simulation with the Red Queen Alpha. :p

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It wouldn't be the real Jill, though, just some creature created by the Red Queen that looks like her. I don't count Jill's e-mail as an appearance either, and even then, the game takes place in 2011, Jill was rescued in 2009, and it will be 2016 (at the earliest) when RE7 comes out. Which means we don't know what Jill has been up to in 7 years, and if she doesn't appear in RE7 either, it will be even more, so... bring her back now!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Technically Raid Mode in Revelations 2 can be canon if you want it to be, since it's a simulation with the Red Queen Alpha. :p

Yeah I suppose. You are a test subject of one of Alex's twisted experiments. Yes the Red Queen Alpha IS Alex Wesker and yet I believe they are the same voice actor. Heck you pretty much know for sure it's her by her dialogue and the rude **** she constantly says to you! LMAO

Top Bottom