• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Outbreak Similarities

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I see a resemblance in the USS characters to some of the survivors in Outbreak. Am I the only one?

Spectre has the same ability Jim has; both can see items on the map. They are both smaller guys in build, too, and I wouldn't be surprised if Spectre is the jokester (though that appears to be Beltway). If only he could play dead, I would have a stronger case...

Bertha is obviously like Cindy. They are both blonde and can carry extra health items to heal their allies. The biggest difference is that Bertha is sadistic, and Cindy is most definitely not.

Four Eyes is like Yoko. I think this is obvious, too. Both are Asian (Japanese/American, even) and adept in science. Four Eyes can also carry more anti-viral sprays; Yoko has the slowest virus rate in Outbreak.

Beltway is most like Mark. Both are big guys, and Mark's special ability is that he can take more damage, and he had the highest damage rate in Outbreak.

Lupo is most like Alyssa. Alyssa is the strong female character in Outbreak, and she likes to boss other around. She also has the highest health and damage rates of the girls, which makes her suitable to have on the front line.

I think Vector is like Kevin or David, but I'm not sure why. :p

2 characters get left out, but there's always the Echo 6 side (George=Harley?).

So am I crazy, or does anyone else see it? I'm not saying the ORC characters are the Outbreak survivors, but I feel like I've seen this 4P equation before. Perhaps Outbreak is where Slant 6 got its inspiration for character design.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I think Vector is like Kevin or David, but I'm not sure why. :p
I see where you're coming from.

In the case of Vector, I believe he fits more closely with David - the mysterious, resourceful plumber who is exceptionally adept at putting down zombies, making you wonder just what, exactly, they teach you in plumbing school... I don't think he has anything in common with Kevin at all...

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
And, I've started to notice Lupo and Four Eyes have a relationship similar to the bond of Alyssa and Yoko--a sort of mutual respect.

B.Martin

I agree with you, but i was always gonna be hard for this game to avoid sililarities with outbreak or any other RC RE game for that matter.

However i'm cool with it, outbreak was awesome!

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Right! I've always noticed the similarities between Outbreak and ORC. In a way this is Outbreak 3, but wayyy better.

Top Bottom