• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Original or Remake??

qcevolution

Fallen91;76421 said:
But you haven't played it yet! :lol:

Lol i've pretty much youtubed the whole game. I know its sad. :( I was so anxious to c the Lisa Trevor stuff that I went ahead and spoiled it for myself :p

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
I haven't played REmake. But I have played the original version and the director's cut version enough to know its a classic. I've seen a lot of gameplay of REmake on youtube though and I think it looks amazing. Lisa Trevor is the creepiest thing I have ever seen. Makes you wonder what the hell happened with RE4 and RE5. I'm really annoyed that they never bothered to port RE0 or REmake to the PS2. I might buy a Wii someday just so I can play the Archive versions. Speaking of which has anyone played the Archive versions?

N3M3S1S1294

I prefer the original because it was what laid the way for the rest of the games. The remake was good because capcom really knew what they were doing and made the graphics amazing especially for the gamecube but it was far too easy. I finished it in 2 hours on my 3rd try :p lol. Plus you cant make fun of a game and love it so much at the same time like you can with the original :D

Albert_Wesker

Premium
I prefer the REmake, don't get me wrong I love both but the REmake was alot more intense with the Crimson Head's. Not to mention the graphics were stunning, and still hold up pretty well today. It just seemed creepier than the original.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I have not played the first RE1 for playstation, Id agree that the graphics were good for the RE1make, Id still play it maybe if I had the time. & RE4 haha.

cgat22

Romero;59070 said:

My conclusion was that the Remake is my preferred version. But I actually wanted to get both versions, until it dawned on me that I'll have to buy not only a Game Cube, I'll have to buy a PS One as well. (I don't think any RE game is easily controlled with a keyboard, so I don't consider getting the Windows version.)

You can get the REmake for the Wii.. if you have one.

Umbrella Corporation

I prefer the Original to play with. Honestly I played 2, 3 Nemesis, 4 & 5 (Getting on progress) but never played Resident Evil 1 (Original Version). Its kind of sadly coz i got this Data for PC Version but no intention to play WTH >.<"

weskerfan

Ive never played the origional(re1)
but i dont think i would want to because im the type of person that prefers new age things.
but i hold re1 for gamecube in high regard.
because i can honastly say that it is the only RE game that actualy scared me.

Eris

Resident Vorta
Meow, I haven't played the Remake yet, butt I've seen a "Let's Play" on Youtube, it loox ameowzing! However, the original can never be beaten, it's unique. So I'd go for the original still. :)

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
You missed out d: The graphics is awesome.
and It's exactly the same game, just newer.

In previous posts I said I prefer'd The Remake. probably because I ain't played the original. Remake is awesome though. I'd consider playing it again but it really is dated, and I'm to use to RE4&5 kicking doors open in a second lol considering how long it takes to walk through the doors in all the previous games... it's not the best part about the game.

Silverfern

The Haka: "Ka Mate!"
echoey;92131 said:
You missed out d: The graphics is awesome.
and It's exactly the same game, just newer.

In previous posts I said I prefer'd The Remake. probably because I ain't played the original. Remake is awesome though. I'd consider playing it again but it really is dated, and I'm to use to RE4&5 kicking doors open in a second lol considering how long it takes to walk through the doors in all the previous games... it's not the best part about the game.

I know, but is that they didnt have the remake game here. not even game cube or other remake games. (stink)

Eris

Resident Vorta
The remake is not exactly the same. There are new rooms, other item placings, other enemies at sum places even ... it's a cumpletely new expurrience, butt still I prefer the original. :D

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Silverfern;92139 said:
I know, but is that they didnt have the remake game here. not even game cube or other remake games. (stink)

www.play.com !! Lol I dunno if it's on play.com but I'm pretty sure you can order it online from somewhere.

Eris cat girl, meow meow, You prefer the original, yeah you are right there are a few minor changes. but you've played the remake and still prefer the original Lol Boooo!! d:

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
lol I've played them both and I prefer the Original! It started EVERYTHING! The fact that it's responsible for everything Resident Evil is today, trumps it all!

Top Bottom