• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ok, I thought of the coolest way to experience Raccoon City.

Steeb

Ok, get this. Open world, time based, zombie and monster filled Raccoon City,

Okay, so what I'm thinking it would be like Ocarina of Time. Things would change over the course of several days. We have this great series of games. Many things are happening in one place, (Racoon City) at nearly the same time time. You can explore the city, do different things in different areas depending on when you get there.

Like for example lets say the main character is Bob. So Bob is running around trying to survive. So he decides to go to the Police station. Once he gets there he see nemesis fighting Jill or whatever. After that happens he goes into the station to find Marvin and together they pull down the boards that blocked Jill in RE 3, so they don't block Chris and Claire in RE: 2. THEN BOOM. Plot hole fixed and you get more Racoon city.

Does that make sense? I think it does. Get the nerds working the mod. Chop chop.

-Thanks

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Haven't you heard of the Outbreak games?

Seriously though, this has been discussed many times before. I think most fans would agree that this is a good idea, the problem is that Capcom wouldn't agree. Creating an open world game that takes place in Raccoon City would require a sh*t load of work, time and money, not to mention that it is something that Capcom has never done for the series before. Besides, outside of the RE2 remake it doesn't seem like they care about Raccoon City anyway. I mean just look how they treated the RE3 remake.

Capcom's main priority for years to come will be games that please the RE4 crowd and Twitch streamers.

Steeb

Haven't you heard of the Outbreak games?

Seriously though, this has been discussed many times before. I think most fans would agree that this is a good idea, the problem is that Capcom wouldn't agree. Creating an open world game that takes place in Raccoon City would require a sh*t load of work, time and money, not to mention that it is something that Capcom has never done for the series before. Besides, outside of the RE2 remake it doesn't seem like they care about Raccoon City anyway. I mean just look how they treated the RE3 remake.

Capcom's main priority for years to come will be games that please the RE4 crowd and Twitch streamers.
Gosh, your fun.

Anyways, it wouldn't really be like Outbreak because outbreak is still scenario based. I bough outbreak when it was new and I still remember each scenario only based in one place and taking place at one time. Also maybe you missed me alluding to the mod making community. (Not Capcom.) Which does any awesome job, they just made Durring The Storm, which is a huge mod and looks great TBH. All new areas and what not. What I was saying was trying to implement a time system into it. Where things change based on when you visit.

I think it's an interesting idea that I'd support on kickstarter and hasn't really been tried. A proof of concept done via mods would be awesome and would go a long way. Also, even if Capcom picks it up, they;ve constatily taken the fanchise in new directions style wise. So I think they'd do a good job if they tried. Anyways, cheer up. Maybe the re-makes will be remade in the next 20 years and you wont be as disappointed then. (I agree RE:3 Remake could've been a lot more. ) Still a good game though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom