• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Official Desperate Escape Thread

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
ALL Desperate Escape talk here. i'm currently downloading both DE and costumes, from what i have seen, it looks amazing

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Omg I can't believe I forgot this was out today if I hadn't checked this forum I probably wouldn't have even though about it. I'm downloading it now, 2 mins and I'll have it. Hope its not as short as LIN.

EDIT: Just completed it.....wow even shorter than LIN.
definitely not worth it, and i didnt think i would say that but im sorry to all fans, waste of money.

leon83

aintnoscrub;67250 said:
Omg I can't believe I forgot this was out today if I hadn't checked this forum I probably wouldn't have even though about it. I'm downloading it now, 2 mins and I'll have it. Hope its not as short as LIN.

EDIT: Just completed it.....wow even shorter than LIN.
definitely not worth it, and i didnt think i would say that but im sorry to all fans, waste of money.

How long was it ???

aintnoscrub

Premium
It may have been only 400 MS points but it still didn't feel worth it. There was nothing exciting about it and I can't believe we are being charged when to be honest this kind of content should be free.when I got the completion achievement I just sat there open mouthed like " wtf????...Is that all, where's the rest"

weskersbarber

when is it released for ps3.it said 4th of march but it still isnt in my psn store and im going mad because i was so exited for this

Samurai Edge

I think the DLC was worth it, considering that it was only 400MSpts (when usually DLC like this would be 800) and that you get the 2 extra characters for the Mercenaries Reunion. Sure, that might not sound like much, but for 400MSpts, it's worth it!

It took me around 50 minutes to complete Desperate Escape with my brother on split screen, but there was 2 or 3 deaths involved, and we ended up killing over 200 enemies total.

DE is more about the action, whereas I think LiN is more about the story and tension (and to bring back old memories to RE1 fans). Sure, DE didn't give me the "OMG this is awesome!" feeling as soon as I began, but that's most likely because I wasn't playing as Jill & Chris in a rather familiar looking mansion (huge REmake fan here)

If people think either DLC is too short or too easy, I highly recommend playing on veteran / professional (especially professional). LiN was great fun on professional in co-op with a friend, not being able to see the enemy on the map during the sewer scene required good communication and teamwork. If you can't get someone to play co-op with for either DLC, don't bother playing until you can find someone. This game & DLC was made for co-op between 2 friends in my opinion.

aintnoscrub

Premium
I really do regret buying it yesterday. I can't believe how much I dislike it and I was so excited for it aswell. Oh well...still got LIN to fall back on if I want to play decent DLC

Chris-BSAA

so awesome! lovin' Rebecca and Josh! Still haven't completed DE. was busy yesterday, but i couldnt finish it.

JordanFreeman

Samurai Edge;67313 said:
I think the DLC was worth it, considering that it was only 400MSpts (when usually DLC like this would be 800) and that you get the 2 extra characters for the Mercenaries Reunion. Sure, that might not sound like much, but for 400MSpts, it's worth it!

It took me around 50 minutes to complete Desperate Escape with my brother on split screen, but there was 2 or 3 deaths involved, and we ended up killing over 200 enemies total.

DE is more about the action, whereas I think LiN is more about the story and tension (and to bring back old memories to RE1 fans). Sure, DE didn't give me the "OMG this is awesome!" feeling as soon as I began, but that's most likely because I wasn't playing as Jill & Chris in a rather familiar looking mansion (huge REmake fan here)

If people think either DLC is too short or too easy, I highly recommend playing on veteran / professional (especially professional). LiN was great fun on professional in co-op with a friend, not being able to see the enemy on the map during the sewer scene required good communication and teamwork. If you can't get someone to play co-op with for either DLC, don't bother playing until you can find someone. This game & DLC was made for co-op between 2 friends in my opinion.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the DLC packs.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Samurai Edge;67313 said:
I think the DLC was worth it, This game & DLC was made for co-op between 2 friends in my opinion.
The mansion in Lost in Nightmares.. even though its not the same it reminds me of the REmake mansion, which takes me back to who I use to play it with lol so I agree it's worth it, if you have friends to play it with lol

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
i can't seem to beat veteren, it's amazingly cheap when they shoot the rockets at you, i HATE it, but the rest is good

aintnoscrub

Premium
I can't stand playing reunion when your partners using heavy metal chris. If your going for S or even SS ranks then make sure you host and kick anyone who uses that douche. I always end up carrying the team and it ****es me off. The second I get hurt or reload we lose the combo because that idiot is just spraying hundreds of inaccurate bullets.....

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
i hate that charactor too, he runs slow , i will use him once just to get an SS with him on PA, i hate him because he makes my game lag

Top Bottom