• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New xbox 720 or ps4 what will you get?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Hi title says it all really! Wonder if anyone has more ideas about which next gen console they may support.

Theres also a 'pc/console' type thing, a STEAM Box, which is just a concept so far but is going to be marketed as a PC for your living room television and console gamers. It is all upgradeable which gives it noticable boost over the ps4/xbox 720 but it also comes in and like $1000.

Ps4 ive not followed too much but from what i can tell their going for a more pc based architecture which should allow game development to be easier rather than on ps3 where it was all its own awkward framework.

I've always been xbox mainly because of the unique IPs i prefer- Gears of war prety much does it plus a few others like Left 4 dead, and soon to be STATE OF DECAY! I think i will stick to the xbox when it arrives just for those. Ive seen some good looking unique ps games like The Last of Us but nothing that grabs my attention like Gears does.

Im also thinking about waiting 6 months after release till i buy either. I remember XBox 360, i brought it 6 years ago first, a bit after release and it was stil very unreliable. Went through 3 diferent xbox's ina year on the white xbox, then elite lasted 2 years, now had a Slim about a month. So if theres one thing thats worrying about geting another xbox 720 if they release it is the unreliability of hardware.!

Also what games do you hope will come on next gen near the launch. it would be awesome for me to see a new version of Gears of war, hopefully Class 4 (MMO sequel to State of Decay), Resident Evil 7 (or a new RE Boot), Ea's Skate, Fallout 4, Dark Souls II (im hoping will remake in high res for new console.)

Overall i feel xbox 360 got a bit of life left and i want to play it for maybe another 1 year, but some games look so old and tired compared to the top PCs. i remember playing BF3 about a year ago on friends PC and how damn amazing it looks. Then try on console and it looks like half the resolution and nothing like PC.

weskerondope

i think we will see titles as
michael bays resident evil 7
resident evil gaiden HD
resident evil merchant chronicles
resident evil reboot, the survival horror returns (cancelled after 80 percent is complete)
resident evil project alice (she finnaly made into the games)

but who knows, mayble ill be wrong

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Most likely I'll be getting a PS4. I've been using Sony a lot longer than I've been using Microsoft and Nintendo.

It's pretty much a given that the next RE will be next gen, so I'm looking forward to that. There's been talk the producer of the Metal Gear series was approached by the president of Konami to make the next Silent Hill game, so I'll be looking into that. Other than that, I have no idea what to expect for the next gen consoles.

i think we will see titles as
michael bays resident evil 7
resident evil gaiden HD
resident evil merchant chronicles
resident evil reboot, the survival horror returns (cancelled after 80 percent is complete)

lol, Michael Bay.

I don't think they'll redo Gaiden.

Merchant Chronicles?

Meh, I'm not into REboots anyway.

That would make me stop following RE. She needs to stay in the movie universe. No need for a crossover. Maybe in an ORC style game where you have to kill her.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.

I hope to God your wrong.

Honestly, I hate Microsoft. I told my parents I wanted a PS3 for christmas, and right before they were gonna buy one, my dad went to a friends house, who had an... xbox. He said, "Let's just get him that." So they got a pawn shop, and grab that. They bring it home, and guess what, Its broken!!! It has the disc read error, and I learn how to tap on it to get it to work. After 6 months of that, It just would not work at all, and now I have buy all my games online, or send it too Microsoft for 90$ plus shipping. And you have to pay for online? I will say that xbox has better online than PS3. But I'm not a big online gamer. If you think about it, If we didn't pay 100$ a year for online, if we didn't have pay an extra 10$ per game to download, we could have just spent 10$ more to get Sony.

I'm looking to get a job here in the next year to save up for college, and if I have saved up enough in 2 years, I will get the PS4.

I AM LEGEND

Shine Bright Like A Diamond
i have watched all the ps4 videos .. maybe about 3 hours ..

i will show you videos just watch'em all .. its AMAZING .. its SOMETHING

Absolutely i'll take PS4 .. its the best platform in the world ..

MissDomino

Premium
I've always had PlayStations, so I'll definitely be getting a PS4. I'm in no rush to get one though, it'll be way beyond my budget at launch.
I'll probably have to get a WiiU as well because of the new Xenoblade or Xeno something game (doesn't have a title yet) and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.

I'm still very happy with the consoles I have, so I'll try to put off buying new consoles for as long as I can.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
After seeing the PS4 announcement, I am not confident in the PS4, sure not everything is revealed yet but I'm still not confident.
If I do get a PS4, first thing I'm gonna do is get my screwdriver, take apart the controller and get rid of that f**king Share button, I don't wanna be social Sony, F**k you!

I don't give a damn what the consoles can do, I just want good games that will convince me to buy the consoles, Killzone, Infamous, Knack and those others do not interest me at all.

Too early to say about the new Xbox but I'm not gonna give a s**t about what the console can do, I'm gonna have my full attention on the games and the games alone, if none of them interest me, I won't be getting it. But if it's anything like the PS4, trying to force me to be social, then f**k both consoles!
I'll stick with my high powered PC.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'll be 100% honest. I really don't give a f*ck about the new systems. I mean. I'm gonna get a WiiU soon, and that's gonna be that.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I've always had PlayStations, so I'll definitely be getting a PS4. I'm in no rush to get one though, it'll be way beyond my budget at launch.
I'll probably have to get a WiiU as well because of the new Xenoblade or Xeno something game (doesn't have a title yet) and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.

I'm still very happy with the consoles I have, so I'll try to put off buying new consoles for as long as I can.
I wouldn't want to get the WiiU because you have to have the Wii to get it to work right? The zombieU looked okay, but that would be the only game I would want on it.

I'm also content with my current system, (Even though its not playstation.) I've still got about 20-30 games I want for it, and I still have a couple survival horror games I want for PS2.

I AM LEGEND

After seeing the PS4 announcement, I am not confident in the PS4, sure not everything is revealed yet but I'm still not confident.
If I do get a PS4, first thing I'm gonna do is get my screwdriver, take apart the controller and get rid of that f**king Share button, I don't wanna be social Sony, F**k you!

I don't give a damn what the consoles can do, I just want good games that will convince me to buy the consoles, Killzone, Infamous, Knack and those others do not interest me at all.

Too early to say about the new Xbox but I'm not gonna give a s**t about what the console can do, I'm gonna have my full attention on the games and the games alone, if none of them interest me, I won't be getting it. But if it's anything like the PS4, trying to force me to be social, then f**k both consoles!
I'll stick with my high powered PC.

Tough and no comment !! :confused:

dont look at the small things man .. if you dont like share button ,then dont touch it !!
sony did a great job .. now i can say this is a PS4(PC) ..
if you want a good games .. ok thats cool just play with your ****ing PC .. and dont buy PS4 !!

these days .. i cant play alone like a ****ing zombie ..!! even if the game dose not have an online games .. but still want to share with friends .. and be connected to the world ..

its early to judge now .. maybe if you try it .. you will like to share things ..and be away from sitting alone ..

So .. its your opinion and i respect it ..
but still annoying me ..

have a nice day ..

weskerondope

sooner or later my goal is to have them all,
im like a pokeman master but with consoles, gotta have them all
as for the previous generation i started with 360, then wii, and then finished off with a ps3
the one before that i started with ps2 then xbox and ironicalle i got gamecube last, (an RE fan like me should have started with the gc)

xMobilemux

Tough and no comment !! :confused:

dont look at the small things man .. if you dont like share button ,then dont touch it !!
sony did a great job .. now i can say this is a PS4(PC) ..
if you want a good games .. ok thats cool just play with your ******* PC .. and dont buy PS4 !!

these days .. i cant play alone like a ******* zombie ..!! even if the game dose not have an online games .. but still want to share with friends .. and be connected to the world ..

its early to judge now .. maybe if you try it .. you will like to share things ..and be away from sitting alone ..

So .. its your opinion and i respect it ..
but still annoying me ..

have a nice day ..

dualshock%204-580-75.jpg

The share button is only an inch away from the d-pad and knowing me, I always slip off the d-pad, I don't wanna hit the share button by mistake in the middle of a game and I simply don't want this share crap, I use consoles to play games, not to get social, if I wanna get social, I'll go outside and talk to people, but so far I'm unhappy with the PS4, I know there's still more to be revealed but I may very well be sticking with my PC.

I just hope the new Xbox doesn't force this social crap on me.

I AM LEGEND

dualshock%204-580-75.jpg

The share button is only an inch away from the d-pad and knowing me, I always slip off the d-pad, I don't wanna hit the share button by mistake in the middle of a game and I simply don't want this share crap, I use consoles to play games, not to get social, if I wanna get social, I'll go outside and talk to people, but so far I'm unhappy with the PS4, I know there's still more to be revealed but I may very well be sticking with my PC.

I just hope the new Xbox doesn't force this social crap on me.

well .. maybe if your finger much taller :D..
i know we can go outside and talk to people .. you didn't get it man ..

look dont share anything if dont want to share .. just leave it :D
why you hate it so much ..

anyway .. you hate it i love it WTF ..

:)

xMobilemux

well .. maybe if your finger much taller :D..
i know we can go outside and talk to people .. you didn't get it man ..

look dont share anything if dont want to share .. just leave it :D
why you hate it so much ..

anyway .. you hate it i love it WTF ..

:)
No, I slip off the d-pad a lot when I'm playing fast paced games and if I slip off the d-pad when the share button is only an inch away, I'll unintentionally share something I never wanted to share, plus there's the stupid feature of the PS4 downloading games that I don't want just because it thinks that I will like them.

But as I said, if I do get the PS4, first thing I'm gonna do is take apart the controller and get rid of the share button.

Meg

So bin ich eben
Kinda hard to pick between an Xbox 720 or a PS4 when one of them hasn't even been revealed yet. :p Or did I miss something? :eek:

Either way, I'm getting a Wii U. :p

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
the whole share thing is actually quite interesting, as they have actually added a groundbreaking new feature allowing you to instantly upload any gameplay from any game. Much Like Skys + box, it can rewind the games you've just had and allow editing. Now i know the hard ware to do this usually costs at least £100 and needs connecting to a pc, so to have all that built in is great news for all gamers, we can share information and interesting gameplay videos, tips etc without having to be a youtube celebritity with expensive capture equipment. I will wait for the full specs to come out and probaly wait about 6 months after for the first batch of these new consoles to see how reliable they are and what the guarantees are like.

Hoady

Between those two xbox for sure. If i ever do end up getting a new console though it is always a toss up between games so my views may change.

Top Bottom