• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New forum member, OG fan

Zvark

Hey everyone, my name is Zvark. I've been playing RE pretty much since it first hit the USA. From late 2002 to roughly 2009/2010 I ran a little known fan site called The Itchy Tasty Room, which is slowly undergoing resurrection. I was also in a team called the Umbrella Combat Commission Rebels which was a group on Capcom's Outbreak Control Squad forum to play Outbreak and Outbreak File #2 back in 2004/2005. I've been MIA as far as the online RE community since 2010 but still played the games, but now I'm back.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Hi and welcome, Zvark! Don't worry, feel free to express whatever opinions you like, as long as it's kept friendly! :wink:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Welcome. We have a great community here, hope you like it. Don't mind Toe Foo though, he's a long and pathetic story and unfortunately, this forum has to deal with him now, but he'll be banned soon. Anyway, hopefully you post around and get some activity going with some fresh ideas.:smile:

mjk321

Here's Nemy to welcome you and throw away any ruffians
yByfcO5.jpg

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Welcome to the forum Zvark! I’ve been here a long time and trust me when I say the folks here are like a family-a crew if you will. You’ve picked the right place :wink:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hey Zvark. Welcome to the site. I recall reading an email from you and responding; were you able to get the issue sorted?

Hey everyone, my name is Zvark. I've been playing RE pretty much since it first hit the USA. From late 2002 to roughly 2009/2010 I ran a little known fan site called The Itchy Tasty Room, which is slowly undergoing resurrection. I was also in a team called the Umbrella Combat Commission Rebels which was a group on Capcom's Outbreak Control Squad forum to play Outbreak and Outbreak File #2 back in 2004/2005. I've been MIA as far as the online RE community since 2010 but still played the games, but now I'm back.
Hmm.. intersting.. mind telling us more about the Umbrella Combat Comission Rebels group? I'm a huge fan of the Outbreak series and still play both games online through private servers for the Japanese release. I am VERY interested in knowing any bits of information you have from those times! :)

Zvark

Hey Zvark. Welcome to the site. I recall reading an email from you and responding; were you able to get the issue sorted?
I haven't tried again, but thanks for replying. My RE fan site is called The Itchy Tasty Room and for some reason it said my link was spam, but the link to my main site Full Morgue was not so I'll just leave it as is.

Zvark

Hmm.. intersting.. mind telling us more about the Umbrella Combat Comission Rebels group? I'm a huge fan of the Outbreak series and still play both games online through private servers for the Japanese release. I am VERY interested in knowing any bits of information you have from those times! :)
Okay so as I said when Outbreak was announced Capcom made a message board called the Outbreak Control Squad where you could talk to other fans and make teams to play Outbreak. You could also do contests to win merchandise like an Outbreak canteen, etc (which I still have in plastic wrap!). The Umbrella Combat Commission was the group I was in. A couple of my teammates got into some arguments with some other forum members and the site's moderators took the side of the other people so we left and made our own message board. It's a bit foggy but I think this is when we added the Rebels bit to our name. I don't have the details yet but I know Outbreak can be played on PC with an emulator and a private server so we might revive the squad.

Okay so as I said when Outbreak was announced Capcom made a message board called the Outbreak Control Squad where you could talk to other fans and make teams to play Outbreak. You could also do contests to win merchandise like an Outbreak canteen, etc (which I still have in plastic wrap!). The Umbrella Combat Commission was the group I was in. A couple of my teammates got into some arguments with some other forum members and the site's moderators took the side of the other people so we left and made our own message board. It's a bit foggy but I think this is when we added the Rebels bit to our name. I don't have the details yet but I know Outbreak can be played on PC with an emulator and a private server so we might revive the squad.
That's amazing dude! Are you able to provide picture of the merchandise? I play Outbreak online on a Japanese PS2 which is the easiest way to make it work! If you need any help or have questions about it feel free to message me. :) This is new information you providing us and me and my Outbreak friends are very interested in all this! ^^

Top Bottom