• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 New character ideas?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I know all of us want to see some of our long-time favorites come back (understandable), but virtually every RE game since the first has featured at least one new character, and I don't see that tradition changing now. So, suffice it to say there will be new characters featured in RE7. The latest release, Revelations 2, featured Moira Burton, Barry Burton's sister, Natalia Korda, and Alex Wesker, Albert's equally-diabolical sister, who I think they nailed as the next truly "innovative" star of the franchise opposite Jill, Chris, Claire, and Albert.

I'm just curious to know, what other interesting ideas for new characters as far as backstory, personalities, etc they could possibly incorporate after that? Surely you guys have some creative ideas of your own, as opposed to your traditional BSAA agent-allies: Stone, Sheva, etc.

I have a couple hair-brained new character concepts I came up with for my RE7 script I shared in my thread here, feel free to let me know what you think of them:

Name: Lena Corvin

Bio: born through an IVF procedure after Albert Wesker artificially inseminated Jane Abernathy, an ex-employee of Umbrella, with his DNA while using the T-Virus as a bonding agent. This resulted in the birth of a pair of "meta" twins advanced at birth from the T-Virus, Alice and Lena, who Wesker counted on as an insurance policy in the event of an accidental outbreak during T-Virus experimentation in the Umbrella Chicago lab, dubbing it the "Metahumans Project", his original project before STARS. However, Lena's twinship remained a mystery due to their being separated at birth as a result of Lena suffering from what was believed to be a stillbirth via complications during pregnancy. Later found to have miraculously survived the operation as a result of her advancements from the virus, she later took her adoptive father's surname after being adopted by Matt Corvin, a US Marine who later sacrificed himself after suffering a zombie infection to save the convoy.

However, as fate would have it, she would later be reunited with her biological twin after a contamination occurred during T-Virus experimentation as feared. Using their advanced mental and physical abilities, they were successful in preventing the first of two T-Virus outbreaks from reaching nearby Raccoon City via vaccination they created. Wesker grew fond of their advancements and abducted the two twins along with swarming Umbrella agents for his own agenda. Wesker would later use the T-Virus on himself as his DNA was used to successfully "bond" the two with the T-Virus, although causing an alteration in their genetic makeup, hence Lena having black hair and blue eyes, distinct from Alice's natural blonde hair and green eyes. Meanwhile, Alice would be kept in cryostasis for years, eventually being used as the original test subject for Uroboros before deciding on Jill, while Lena, deemed to be of no further use, was gassed by Umbrella agents. Lena broke free of her glass cell and survived, however, she suffered many third degree burns all throughout her body, leaving her crippled and unable to continue in the field. Formerly a bio-weapon, she had since dedicated her life to the eradication of them, becoming one of BSAA's founding members and the leading researcher.

Dying to know what happened to her partner after all these years, she later used a mix of G-Virus samples and antibodies to "heal" herself, becoming more advanced than ever before. This led to her termination from BSAA, (re-)becoming the very thing they sought to destroy. She would later meet Steve Burnside, who was discovered to have kept in cryostasis for years following RECV. The two became romantically involved for a short period of time, until he showed Lena his true colors just as he did Claire, his past love interest, all those years ago.

As you can see, I put a lot of time and thought into developing this new character, giving her a ton of depth. She could also be used to introduce Alice to the RE games canon as a villain who you fight her as.

I also came up with a new villain character, named Alan Trevathan, billionaire CEO researcher who purchases Neo-Umbrella (Umbrella's successor) following RE6 in order to keep them from going under. He uses their products to produce a "vaccine" for the still rampant post-RE6 C-Virus, however, his seemingly good antics grow more and more suspicious as the game progresses. Towards the end of the game, he finally shows his true colors after his "vaccine" had actually caused the C-Virus to spread on an even greater scale, revealing the "vaccine" to be Uroboros, dubbing it the C-Uroboros Virus. He would also steal DNA samples of all of Chris, Leon, Ada, Jill (via a "vaccine" he gave her, eradicating P30 from her system and all its changes, thus giving her her natural brunette hair back), Barry, and Lena, using it in conjunction with C-Uro to create a triplet virus that he would give to a Licker-Hunter-Tyrant hybrid B.O.W., creating the "ultimate" bio-weapon in the process. He also enlisted the services of Alex Wesker, his assistant-wife. Together, they vow to fulfill Albert's destiny, as King and Queen, over the helpless humans.

So, whadd'ya think? I think this would make an interesting premise for the hypothetical last installment in the series, but that's just me.

Top Bottom