• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My idea: An adaptation of the first Resident Evil through AI

Milo Painkiller

Hello everyone, I'm Milo, a fan of the classic Resident Evil series living in Spain. I was drawn to this forum because of all the information surrounding the early drafts of Resident Evil scripts by G. Romero and Alan Mcelroy. I'm one of those who wanted to see a good adaptation of the first game in the cinema.

Today, I want to share an idea I have for a modest fanfilm adaptation for YouTube, a narrative with animated images using AI, either generating real images or animation. Currently, I don't have enough time, so I would like to leave it for the future, and initially, I would do the narrations in Spanish, and if it's well-received, I would translate them into English as well. Here are some of the most notable ideas:

• Emphasis is placed on what I consider the essence of the early games: the atmosphere, the scenarios, and the creatures. Here, the focus is on horror, far from using main characters as a draw.
  • The tone would be something similar to all the grotesque seen in the Evil Dead Remake: gore, gore, and more gore. The zombies are disgusting, and, above all, it's a highly unpleasant and explicit version that you would NEVER see in a typically commercial adaptation (it would also depend on what the AI allows me to create)... there's even a scene that is much more explicit than any scene in the Saw saga.
  • It would have nothing to do with previous adaptations; rather, it's an antithesis, an "anti-popcorn" adaptation, showing things that are on the edge of an adaptation as they have been treated so far, including troll nods to Anderson's movies, Roberts' movie, and the series, without holding back.
  • The adaptation would be somewhat similar to SD Perry's book but with a more realistic touch, correcting things that didn't make sense in the game.
  • It might resemble what was done in The Walking Dead adaptation (following the game's plot, one part for Chris and another for Jill, but adding new plots without losing the original main plot of the game, all with the aim of making everything feel fresher). It would be a kind of "what if" regarding certain events and characters (similar to The Walking Dead series with respect to the comic it's based on), but mostly following the game's plot.
  • The mansion is the key setting in the story, and the rest of the scenarios are also maintained, including scenarios from RE0.
  • Characters don't separate so cheerfully here.
  • All members of Bravo team wear black T-shirts with black vests, and all members of Alpha team wear white T-shirts with green vests (like Chris's). All STARS members initially wear blue berets (like Jill's), but the story is adapted in such a way that, organically, all characters end up exactly with the same classic outfit as in the game (i.e., you'll see Jill with her shoulder pads, Barry with the red vest, etc.).
  • Unexplored aspects in the games are investigated. What happened with the infected dogs and crows? Couldn't they reach the city and infect the population? What about the corpses of hikers? Wouldn't they turn into zombies?
  • Most of the deaths caused by creatures in the original game are included.
  • Rebecca is not a member of STARS (it didn't make much sense in the original game, although she remains a doctor); she's a hiker who managed to reach the mansion with her younger sister.
  • This time Joseph survives beyond the introduction scene, and we finally get to know him. He's basically a guy who can't handle being trapped in the mansion for too long and is capable of any madness.
  • Game conveniences are set aside: doors cannot be kicked down because they have high-strength steel plates (they have to be opened with keys), and traps would be more in line with movies like Saw, Cube, or Escape Room and would make more sense within the story.
  • Many creatures appear... even some more.
  • Child zombies appear.
  • Discarded material from the original game is recovered: Gelzer and Dewey are there.
  • Brad doesn't run away in this version because "he's a coward"... there's a darker explanation.
  • Hunk and Spencer appear, each with their own plots.
  • Characters "play" in extra hard mode: when the dogs appear at the beginning, they discover that their weapons have been sabotaged.
  • Wesker's plot is changed really drastically; he's no longer so predictable because... he doesn't appear (only apparently), but he's in the story. He doesn't move simply for profit, and this time he turns out to be a truly diabolical and Machiavellian villain (think of Negan smashing Glenn in The Walking Dead to get an idea). He's a truly terrifying villain and leaves any Wesker from a video game in the dust... basically, he's not around with his cliché villain talks, so if he catches you, he'll kill you without hesitation.
  • Isolated scenes from different parts of the game are combined.
  • Aspects of all versions of Resident Evil are taken... even a scene from the Pachinko version where the protagonists kill zombies in the mansion's hall.
  • John Clemens, Ada's boyfriend, appears in this version and has an important role.
  • Yawn is a key creature, appears several times, and has a scene similar to Rebecca and Richard's part in Umbrella Chronicles, where it chases the characters through the mansion.
  • Certain details in some creatures are changed: this time, the zombies are not "dead" (a somewhat more realistic explanation is given), but they do have rotten skin and look similar to the games. You can see their muscles, which are severely strengthened by the virus (this enables them to bite with great force and withstand shots), they're disgusting, and they have truly superhuman strength. The protagonists don't want to fight them up close because they suspect they could transmit the virus. On the other hand, giant spiders can camouflage themselves in the ground, and this time Yawn doesn't inject its venom by biting but spits it out.
  • The Umbrella and James Marcus lore changes... this time its origin is related to the experiments of the Japanese Unit 731, to provide a more critical view emphasizing that the real "resident evil" is the people behind the creatures, humanity itself. Just as Umbrella is related to social Darwinism and eugenics.
What do you think? I would like to have some feedback, whether something liked or not.

Top Bottom