• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My idea about resident evil game

Leonhart

well I just wandering if capcom will make resident evil
into FPS genren, well It's just my opinion...
What do you guys think?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I do like first person games, but I think Resident Evil should stay third person.

I like the RE4 camera angle but I'm not completely satisfied. I think the third person concept works better in a game like GTA San Andreas than RE4. There your view is above the character's head and not over the shoulder.

I want to have a view straight forward, because the 'over the shoulder' view is often in conflict with walls etc. And it's not letting the player see what Leon sees.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Left 4 Dead already covers as an FPS zombie game. However, if you wish to play RE in FPS, there's the Survivor Series and Dead Aim.

Duo

And totally destroy the fact the main Resident Evil games have always functioned on a unique control scheme?

No thanks.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Jess;64125 said:
plz noo I hope they brought back 3rd person view from re6
Brought back? But all the main series RE games are third person view?

Levan

Polkka. lol
She probably just meant to bring back the same camera angles/views from the original Resident Evil up to Code:Veronica.

Honestly I thought the over-the-shoulder view was top notch and decent. I believe the scare factor can still be present with that view, it's just that the game developers forgot(deliberately or unintended) to emphasize them in RE5, and a bit in RE4. =/

Duo

I'd like to see them try to make a supremely frightening Resident Evil game with the Over-the-shoulder setup. If they prove it can be done, maybe I'd warm up to "remaking" the old games like that.

But the old setup ain't nearly as broken as new fans often seem to profess.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Levan;64143 said:
Honestly I thought the over-the-shoulder view was top notch and decent.
Wouldn't it be better if the view was above the head? It would give you equally good view to both sides and you would be able to look far ahead. Have you ever tried San Andreas? Then you know what I mean.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I don't think RE in first person is a good idea.

First was survivor and that had major problems, but it was kinda of fun. but just plain boring at some point.

Then was the god awful Survivor 2 Code Veronica and it was the worst RE game or Gaiden, but it was plain wful because it wasen't fun, boring, stupid, and retarded.

Last was Dead Aim which was kinda of fun, but had subtitle problems, terrible graphics, and s***y dialogue. The game play was good and it was fun, plus I liked the story.

The only good RE game that was in first person was Dead Aim and the orginal Code Veronica and not that dumb Survivor of Code Veronica.

Jess

Romero;64142 said:

Brought back? But all the main series RE games are third person view?

Levan;64143 said:
She probably just meant to bring back the same camera angles/views from the original Resident Evil up to Code:Veronica.

Honestly I thought the over-the-shoulder view was top notch and decent. I believe the scare factor can still be present with that view, it's just that the game developers forgot(deliberately or unintended) to emphasize them in RE5, and a bit in RE4. =/

ah yes that's what I meant camera angle
or as it was in RE3.5 when you were walking camera angle and when aiming over the shoulder was also adequate

Top Bottom